Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2007   #41
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Broncos Game is Battle Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I just got an e-mail from the Texans saying the City of Houston wasn't allowing vehicles to line up on Kirby, Fannin or Main St on Thursday afternoon prior to the parking gates opening. Even though 2 sentences earlier in that paragraph it says "We anticipate heavy traffic on Thursday, so we are urging everyone to arrive as early as possible for Battle Red Day.

HUH???
I thought they were opening the gates a few hours earlier then anticipated. So unless you came REALLY early, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-12-2007   #42
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, BTW, red on red? Seriously? That'll be what now, our SIXTH uniform combination? No freaking identity in this organization.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I thought they were opening the gates a few hours earlier then anticipated. So unless you came REALLY early, it shouldn't be a problem.
I think the gates open at 3

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #44
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh, BTW, red on red? Seriously? That'll be what now, our SIXTH uniform combination? No freaking identity in this organization.
it's just a uniform.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #45
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They'll establish an "identity" when they WIN!! It won't matter what they put on their bods!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #46
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't know our jersey combination reflected our identity...

It's only a jersey...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #47
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Historyhorn View Post
Red pants with red jersey is brutal. Go with the red jersey and the white pants. Classic look.

Go Texans
Amobi Okoye seems to like red on red.

The Texans are 4-2 on Battle Red Day.

This is despite being underdogs for all of those games.

There are actually studies that suggest that red is a color that improves athletic performance. Of course, the money used for that sort of study should go to curing cancer instead.

It's often frustrating as a fan that you can't do more to help your team. If they ask me to show up early and wear red, well then, that's what I'm gonna do.
Old 12-12-2007   #48
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
it's just a uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
They'll establish an "identity" when they WIN!! It won't matter what they put on their bods!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I didn't know our jersey combination reflected our identity...

It's only a jersey...
Oh, agreed, agreed, and AGREED!!!!

I'm just saying, when you see the Dallas Cowboys, you KNOW it's the Dallas Cowboys. Same for the Packers, Steelers, Bears, hell even the Dolphins, you know it's those teams. They're not constantly mixing and matching. Black tops/gold bottoms....THAT'S the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've been that way for years, they have the tradition. How do you build tradition when you're constantly changing? WTF, let's go red tops/blue bottoms and blue tops/red bottoms next year. I'm just saying it's tough for football fans watching those "fastest 3 minutes" highlights at halftime of MNF or whatever, to recognize/identify that that's the Texans when they're in umpteen different unis.

No doubt, I wouldn't care if they wore pink with purple stripes and yellow polka-dots if they are WINNING!!!

Just saying.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Amobi Okoye seems to like red on red.

Poor Davey, he liked red on red too:

*ducks punches*
Old 12-12-2007   #50
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Oh, agreed, agreed, and AGREED!!!!

I'm just saying, when you see the Dallas Cowboys, you KNOW it's the Dallas Cowboys. Same for the Packers, Steelers, Bears, hell even the Dolphins, you know it's those teams. They're not constantly mixing and matching. Black tops/gold bottoms....THAT'S the Pittsburgh Steelers. They've been that way for years, they have the tradition. How do you build tradition when you're constantly changing? WTF, let's go red tops/blue bottoms and blue tops/red bottoms next year. I'm just saying it's tough for football fans watching those "fastest 3 minutes" highlights at halftime of MNF or whatever, to recognize/identify that that's the Texans when they're in umpteen different unis.

No doubt, I wouldn't care if they wore pink with purple stripes and yellow polka-dots if they are WINNING!!!

Just saying.
The colors are remaining the same. It's not like some games we have a red/white/blue color scheme and others we have a green/black/yellow color scheme.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #51
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not so sure on the whole red uniform. I liked the red and white combination a lot better than this. But a win is all I want tomorrow.
Old 12-12-2007   #52
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm not so sure on the whole red uniform. I liked the red and white combination a lot better than this. But a win is all I want tomorrow.
All red is cool.
<<<<<<------------(see avatar for the week)----------------------

You know, something so wrong it's right.
Old 12-12-2007   #53
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

All red makes a Serious Battle Red statement. I like it. Looks like a don't mess with me kind of uniform.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #54
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
All red is cool.
<<<<<<------------(see avatar for the week)----------------------

You know, something so wrong it's right.
Yeah but good looking women pull it off better than us ugly guys.
Old 12-12-2007   #55
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else see any irony that Halliburton is the sponsor of Battle Red Day? I wonder if they put in a bid to be the sponsor.

Red lights, red fountain, red uniforms....this is gonna look either really good or really bad on TV. I'm sure it'll look really cool in person.

Great call by the marketing department.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #56
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Something about consistency comes to mind, as well as tradition. We have always lacked in both areas.

This is nothing more than a marketing ploy to sell more merchandise.

I agree with you about the traditions of winning teams. I don't think the Steelers have six different uniform combos in their entire history, much less within one freakin' season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
it's just a uniform.
It's just a game, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I've never been a fan of the 'battle red' unis. Red is not one of our primary colors, but rather an accent color. But whatever, I'm just a fan of football and not so much on marketing schemes designed to make the team more money.

Rah rah rah, show your spirit. Can we have a winning season now?

That being said, I spent $15 on a D. Davis battle red jersey to get with the program. Mainly because it's primetime and I do want H-town to represent.

Otherwise, I'll leave the fashion tips to those that desire to be fashion designers. That would not be me.
Old 12-12-2007   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Red lights, red fountain, red uniforms....this is gonna look either really good or really bad on TV. I'm sure it'll look really cool in person.
I'm kinda curious about that too... I hope it doesn't translate to some 'Carrie' scene on national television...
Old 12-12-2007   #58
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be stepping out my anti-lemming comfort zone tomorrow night and representing the Battle dressed in Red.
Old 12-12-2007   #59
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 39971 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we get the stands to look like the photo at this link it will be good...
Battle Red Panorama
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #60
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
As long as we get the stands to look like the photo at this link it will be good...
Battle Red Panorama
It'd be nice to see the stadium that full again.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read