Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2004   #21
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you on that AJ...They did pass on 1st down, however it seemed liked they ran on some situations that were obvious passing situations
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #22
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

And I think that is why Palmer calls those plays, hoping to catch the other team off kiltter. Seldom works though when you have over 10 yards to get. Palmer does try to surprise the other team, just not allways at very good times. The weird thing is he also goes turtle for long periods, kind of like he is afraid to TRY and push the other team around.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #23
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

There may be questionable play calls from time to time but I think this team's problems are rooted in the offensive line. They aren't blocking anyone. The system isn't working.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #24
H-TownRules
Veteran

What if Chris Palmer...

Went an entire game without running DD between the tackles?

Aired it out (i mean heaving it downfield to AJ, or even Armstrong) at least 2 or 3 times a quarter (especially because our ground game isn't worth the effort anymore)

Didn't run FIVE reverses in one game ... (I don't even do that when I play football video games, and I have a tendency to be too repetitive in play calling)

Actually ran a screen play (it might be scary with our O-Line, but its worth a shot to try once.... I know!!! how bout next game only 4 reverses and 1 screen )
Old 11-23-2004   #25
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I heard something on 610 this evening saying that Carlton Thompson had talked to Chris Palmer today and he said that during the 4th quarter (or it maybe 2nd half) that we had run 11 pass plays, 12 run plays: 4 of the run plays were audibled by Carr from a pass to a run. So if Carr had not audibled those calls we would have had 15 pass plays, 8 run plays.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #26
kocian1
Rookie

Chris Palmer sucks anyway. After you run the same stupid reverse over and over and it never works, then it's time to look a little further in that playbook. I don't see him being around here next year. At least I hope. I mean we can't even get DD over 3 yds. per carry this year. Even after all that **** about zone blocking. I think it's time to go back to last years run scheme and let DD loose.
kocian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #27
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, for those of you who blame Chris Palmer (I'm not one of them), QB coach Marc Trestman of the Dolphins will probably be available for an offensive coordinator job next year. He used to be a respected coordinator and QB mentor...but he's been prevented from helping the Dolphins (or being promoted after Wannstedt's firing) due to infighting on the Miami coaching staff. Probably won't want to stick around for a new regime.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2004   #28
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Well, for those of you who blame Chris Palmer (I'm not one of them), QB coach Marc Trestman of the Dolphins will probably be available for an offensive coordinator job next year. He used to be a respected coordinator and QB mentor...but he's been prevented from helping the Dolphins (or being promoted after Wannstedt's firing) due to infighting on the Miami coaching staff. Probably won't want to stick around for a new regime.
im sry i dont know this guy but getting a qb coach from miami doesnt seem like a good idea. maybe we could get kansas cities defensive coordinator.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004   #29
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Trestman had success in San Fran, Oakland and Arizona as O.C. He's bounced around a lot over the years -- he's been with at least 5 teams that I can remember (other than Miami).

Unfortunately for the haters, Palmer's not going anywhere in '05.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #30
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW you all went 3 and out on your three last possesions and you couldn't score in the fourth. We are in the same boat, Jags went 3 and out 4 times against the cap hell ridden Titans. Both our offenses are loaded with talent yet they are getting ransacked by our OC's. Jeff just beat our Jaguar with a Pinto, so I highly suggest you all watchout.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004   #31
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems to me Jagbch that you along with Jeff are both on borrowed time. You need to get that Turkey bone out of your throat before you play us again.
We have probs and we will adjust for the weekend.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read