Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2007   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Kevin Walter

Hands of Stick-o that one.

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 12-09-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Kevin Walter

K-Dub is one of my favorite Texans. When me and my dad watch the games we always joke about his lack of speed. It all started when Schaub overthrew him in a game earlier in the season and my dad said,"Why didn't he speed up and get under it?" I said,"Isn't it obvious that he was running with everything he had and is just slow?" Then we both laughed and joke about it ever since after he catches a pass saying stuff like,"The defense forgot that he was still running his route because they ran past him." And "Defense obviously overran K-Dub on that play..."

Okay stupid reasons to like him but he's one of my favorite Texans seriously because he's clutch and I like clutch players.
Old 12-09-2007   #3
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

An unsung hero, indeed. He really stepped it up when A.J. was sidelined and has become one of our more reliable offensive weapons. He doesn't get a lot of noise thrown his way, but I am certainly glad to have him aboard.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont think anyone will disagree that kubiak (and smith lately) can really find players
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i dont think anyone will disagree that kubiak (and smith lately) can really find players
No kidding. They did mess up on Ahman Green, though.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

totally clutch.

a nickname we came up with:

Kevins Walter.

and my personal favorite:

OPEN Daniels

I know the Kevin(s) one is lame but help me spread the love with OPEN Daniels... it's too perfect!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #7
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post

I'm sure that was more Sherman than anyone!
Old 12-10-2007   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

Great possession reciever who got his opportunity this year and hasn't looked back.
Old 12-10-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

All the 2,3 and 4 guys needed was some targets. They get J.J.'s head correct I'm sure he'll be good as gold. Might have a bad shoulder we don't know about. We'll see. Never want to see our STUD pro bowler go down. But in this case might of been a good thing to give others a chance to shine. Might make his life easier from now on having others the QB can depend on. Still say once a quarter you send the stud deep. I don't care what coverage they are in that's his job. Turn the goose loose. The only thing holding Andre Johnson back at this point is the coach's own paranoia. He ought to be going deep once a quarter.

Another play I'd like to see is a ghost to the post or cone with Daniels. They're loosing him every game. The guy should of had seven TDs by now.
Old 12-10-2007   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm now more convinced than ever schaub, kubes & sage sometimes get tunnel vision & try to force the ball to AJ too much at times. They've all (KW, OD & AD) been solid for the most part when the ball has come their way & i'm now pretty comfortable in assuming that they can hold their own against their respective defenders. Yesterday, against a top defense was proof of that.

i think it now falls on schaub/sage needing to do a better job of looking for them more & trusting enough in them in key situations to check off of AJ immediately when he's covered up. Kubes has also got to do a better job of calling plays for all of them where they are the 1st options..... Give the defense something else to think about other than AJ.

That is the essence of a complete offense, trusting all of your guys & going back & forth between your options, when defenses scheme to take away the 1 thing they deem will hurt them the most, which in our case is AJ.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
injuries happen (although he did seem risky in that respect)... he played well when healthy
Old 12-10-2007   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Walter just does everything in his power. It's gotten to the point that I never ask "will he catch it", but rather "how many more yards can he get". It also doesn't hurt that he can throw some pretty good blocks for a WR (he had a nice one against the Bucs yesterday on AJ's TD).
Old 12-10-2007   #13
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
I'm sure that was more Sherman than anyone!
As (likely) were Gado and Flanagan, other not-so-great experiments. Good luck, Aggies. Looks like 4 more years of mediocrity for you.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

A friend of mine swears Kevin throws some dust in the DB's face. He gets so wide open and runs soooooo slow, its about the only way possible.
Old 12-10-2007   #15
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OPEN Daniels
I like it!!

Kevin and Open are key components of this offense. But since this thread is about KW, I'll say that I love his blue collar style. He is a reliable target for whoever is throwing the ball. I can say that I've always liked him, and thought when given the opportunity he would show that he belonged.
Old 12-10-2007   #16
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19489 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
As (likely) were Gado and Flanagan, other not-so-great experiments. Good luck, Aggies. Looks like 4 more years of mediocrity for you.
Not to turn this into a Sherman thread, but I think this is will end up being a good move for both the Texans and for Texas A&M. I think Sherman hasn't been too great in Houston, mainly since I think his offensive philosophy didn't mesh well enough with Kubiak's, leading to a hybrid system that wasn't anything too great. Plus, as you mention, there's been too much reliance on old GB players who haven't panned out very well. For the Aggies, though, neither of these things will be problems. I think the situation at A&M will improve quite a bit - I think recruiting will improve and the offense will open up, for a start. We'll see, but I'm optimisitic on both sides of this move.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
I like it!!

Kevin and Open are key components of this offense. But since this thread is about KW, I'll say that I love his blue collar style. He is a reliable target for whoever is throwing the ball. I can say that I've always liked him, and thought when given the opportunity he would show that he belonged.
spread the word!!!!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #18
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

posted this in another thread

hes more than that though- he runs beautiful routes and good hands.. and his plays at rb werent too shabby either we all saw the one on champ last night but v oak he ran one of the nicest routes ive seen: he faked a quick in and went on a go route iirc- im sure theres vid of it il find

clock it up to another great hit by kubiak.. i remember he took some crap for that move too in the media (and fans prob)
Old 12-14-2007   #19
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Walter reminds me of a good high school player. "Put me in coach, I'll do whatever needs to get done". WR/HB/Punter, whatever. He plays with a great attitude.
Old 12-14-2007   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It's interesting because going into this season wide receiver was such an issue. With Moulds gone, the Texans had nobody to stand next to Johnson and demand attention from the defense. And yet this same year, the Texans have, IMO, the very best receiving corps they have ever had, by including Walter and Davis. There is a definite presence, and a command of the field, and it's fun watching.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read