Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-09-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 random thoughts from week 14

1) Wow. Who would have thought that our boys would go out, play their butts off, and beat the Bucs. We've had some ups and downs this season, but that win was pretty sweet. In retrospect, I thought that the most exciting thing to watch this season would have been Schaub running the offense. I was wrong. 14 weeks in and watching the light come on for Mario has easily been the brightest point in the season (at least for me).

2) Talk about a team getting hot at the right time: the Minnesota Vikings. Jackson is managing the game, they've got the number one rated run-defense, and a devastating one-two punch at RB. Nevermind that Childress looks like a sex offender with that mustache - he's got that team peaking at a critical point in the season.

3) I tend to pull for long-suffering teams. On any given Sunday I tend to pull for perennial cellar dwellars like the Brownies, Cards, and Lions. I always pull against the Cowpokes. Well, watching the game between the Lions and the 'Boys was a real heartbreaker. I really thought that maybe, just maybe, the Lions could hold them off long enough to squeak out a win. I was wrong, the Lions still suck, and Romo is having a heck of a season.

4) Seattle won the NFC West. *stifles yawn* That's a team that I have never been able to get excited about. Ever. Right now, there's probably a Seahawk fan who's thinking the same thing about the Texans.

5) One of the most exciting things for me this season has been the fact that we just wrapped up week 14 and we're still shown on all of the "In the hunt" graphics for the playoffs. I don't think we're going to make it, but I still grin like an ***** and point to the graphics when they come on. My wife thinks I'm daft, but I can't remember the last time we were still "in the hunt" with three weeks to go.

6) Rewind to about 5 months ago: "This is the year that the Cardinals go to the playoffs." Rewind to about 17 months ago: "This is the year that the Cardinals to to the playoffs." Rewind to about 29 months ago: "This is the year that the Cardinals go to the playoffs." See a pattern forming? Yet they never go..... Being a Cardinal fan might ACTUALLY be worse than being a Texan fan.

7) Sooooooo, I surely do hate that the Titans *snicker* had the Chargers on the ropes and *snicker snicker* found a way to lose at home. That *snicker* must really be frustrating. At least VY isn't having a sophmore slump.... BWAHAAHAHAHAH. Yeah, they beat us twice but BWAHAAHAHAHAH.

8) Note to the Jets, 'Phins, and Giants: Please do not guarantee a win against the Pats prior to playing them. Failure to observe this will result in an even more humiliating pummeling.

9) I read somewhere that if Shaun Alexander gets released by the Seahawks this offseason, that Houston might be willing to look at him. Okay, everyone all together now: "We really, really do not want any more RB's on the wrong side of 30 with a pretty long injury history."

10) Quote by Miami's Jason Taylor from a pregame show today, "We're not losers. We're just not winning games." Ummmmmm, so I'm a little confused. Winning games = winners, losing 13 straight = not losers? Nice spin, but at present, you guys are losers. Trust me, I know from whence I speak - I'm a Texan fan.
Old 12-09-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 random thoughts from week 14

1) LT is a little b1tch
2) i hope your injury isnt serious fat albert
3) i really like our team
4) i like the vikes too so i wasnt too upset at the lions choke job
5) some teams are just lucky- tacks were last yr, dallas are this yr
6) mf'ing bills still playing tough
7) dolphins are terrible- never thought id see a team worse than our 2-14 lot.. does cam get the sack? i say yeah
8) im liking that the donkeys have to play two away game in four days (plus we get an extra 3 hrs rest!)... im not liking that they crushed the chiefs at arrowhead, herm or no herm
9) anthony smith looks plenty stupid.. pats are going undefeated btw (called it in week 4 i think)
10) did i mention i really like our team? if it werent for our longterm injuries (dunta, weary, spence, ahman) id be giddy right now.. oh yeah draft an lt in 08!!
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
2) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
3) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
4) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
5) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
6) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
7) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
8) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
9) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
10) Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
4) Seattle won the NFC West. *stifles yawn* That's a team that I have never been able to get excited about. Ever. Right now, there's probably a Seahawk fan who's thinking the same thing about the Texans.
Yep. At least I don't have to hear "Texans suck" anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't watch a second of football this week. looks like that's a good thing.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

also here's another thought from week 14:

kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #7
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

11) Don't start Adrian Peterson in FF when Patrick Willis is on the other team.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2007   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
also here's another thought from week 14:

LOL....that's some funny stuff!!
Old 12-10-2007   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol who is that?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

my thought from wk 14:

Randy Moss can drop a pass and still the pats will score a td on that play.
Old 12-10-2007   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

1) If the Texans could just get close to .500 on the road...

4-2 at home with 2 games left, and one more win will set a franchise mark for wins at home.

2) Too bad MNF doesn't get the flex schedule. And what timing with Vick being sentenced.

3) Mario #1, Bush #2, Young #3
I was shocked 20 months ago, but soon came to accept their reasoning. 20 months later, it's not looking so bad.

4) Have the Dolphins given up? They were at least staying in games, now they're getting rolled by some mediocore to bad football teams the last 2 weeks. With the Ravens, Pats and Bengals left, 0-16 is looking likely.

5) Randy Moss - MVP of the Muckdogs, carrying me to the playoffs despite some sub par decisions by the owner like letting Ryan Grant go because my kicker had a bye week. Keep it up for at least 2 more weeks please.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. The Pats are a pretty good team.

2. Super Mario to the rescue. And props to Michael Smith for giving us our props on the pick.

3. Demps is the man. I feel good about one safty spot.

4. And throw in Bennet too.

5. Isnt there a rule about having two Pro Bowl Rbs on the same team? Too bad Minnisota needs a QB.

6. Ill second that LT is acting like a little *****. Grow up, your the best player in the leauge, act like it.
Old 12-11-2007   #13
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
LOL....that's some funny stuff!!
Great video!
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts from week 14:

My fantasy team did incredible: (T. Romo, R. Moss, P. Burress, M. Colston, R. Grant, E. Graham)
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read