Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-09-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tebow Wins Heisman

congrats to him. well-deserved.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow Wins Heisman

seems too clean, too perfect to be true
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #3
SA Texan
Veteran

Not saying that he didn't deserve it, but I was kind of shocked since he's only a sophmore. Does anyone think he can win two?
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Texan View Post
Not saying that he didn't deserve it, but I was kind of shocked since he's only a sophmore. Does anyone think he can win two?
yeah all of the guys who got jobed the last fifty years.... got punked by a systems guy. Too rich. More of indictment of the qulity of the sports reporting industry than it is an endorement of little Timmy. What was the line in Bull Durham ? A pale comprison from all of the those old pros in the past. Ranks right up there with Spureir.
Old 12-09-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
yeah all of the guys who got jobed the last fifty years.... got punked by a systems guy. Too rich. More of indictment of the qulity of the sports reporting industry than it is an endorement of little Timmy. What was the line in Bull Durham ? A pale comprison from all of the those old pros in the past. Ranks right up there with Spureir.
Seriously, this award has turned into which QB has the most impressive stats.

Even Tuberville said "If everytime you get inside the 5 you get the ball, you are probably going to score 20 rushing touchdowns."

They should just give the trophy to Urban Meyer.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #6
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Well deserved, Personally wanted Colt Brennan to win it, but he was never really in the race with the slightly less demanding schedule they have at Hawaii.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #7
SA Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Well deserved, Personally wanted Colt Brennan to win it, but he was never really in the race with the slightly less demanding schedule they have at Hawaii.
I was pulling for him too, but like you said their schedule, plus the voters not getting the chance to watch him play as much, pretty much doomed his chances.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2007   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
This year has sucked. OSU in the title game and Tebow winning the Heisman. While the year as great the ending has left me with such a bitter taste in my mouth.Might have been statistically the most impressive but IMO not the BEST player in College football.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone think he could possibly win three? He shouldnt leave early, and he isnt gonna get worse.
Old 12-11-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he definitely will be favored the next three years, and UF is only going to get better. MUCH better. i have them favored to win the next two title games, so i can certainly see him winning a few more Heismans, why not?

of course the voters won't just give him multiple Heismans for nothing. he'll have to get better, and that's a pretty tall order to say the least
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

As the talent around Tebow grows he will be asked to do less.

He will get better as a player, but I dont think we will see 50 TDs from him again.

The voters will not give it to him again unless Florida is in the NC game and Tebow has far & away the best stats in the country.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he definitely will be favored the next three years, and UF is only going to get better. MUCH better. i have them favored to win the next two title games, so i can certainly see him winning a few more Heismans, why not?

of course the voters won't just give him multiple Heismans for nothing. he'll have to get better, and that's a pretty tall order to say the least
The guy can get pumped as much the media wants but he'll have to earn it. I just still get the feeling here while statistically it's impressive what he did this year the voters honestly were looking for someone to run away with the award all season. No one did so by default they had to give it to him IMO. Statistically the most impressive but I still believe the BEST player in college football this year was between Chase Daniel and Reesing.

As for favored to win the next two titled games...I'd say they're going to be in the mix but they're going to have to grind it out in the SEC. LSU isn't going anywhere and Georgia is going to be a year older and better.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
The guy can get pumped as much the media wants but he'll have to earn it. I just still get the feeling here while statistically it's impressive what he did this year the voters honestly were looking for someone to run away with the award all season. No one did so by default they had to give it to him IMO. Statistically the most impressive but I still believe the BEST player in college football this year was between Chase Daniel and Reesing.

As for favored to win the next two titled games...I'd say they're going to be in the mix but they're going to have to grind it out in the SEC. LSU isn't going anywhere and Georgia is going to be a year older and better.
If Stafford continues to grow then he & Moreno will be a powerful duo.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #14
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If Stafford continues to grow then he & Moreno will be a powerful duo.
Georgia has some top notch freshman coming in this year as well. Some guys who could be instant impact guys. They have a WR in particular that should help Stafford look like a much better QB.
Old 12-11-2007   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was rooting for McFadden i thought he was the more valuable guy to his team, but i can't say that Tebow didn't deserve either.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I was rooting for McFadden i thought he was the more valuable guy to his team, but i can't say that Tebow didn't deserve either.

I'm with you. I felt bad for him after being second last year.

Here are some Tim Tebow Chuck Norris quotes from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...t&lid=tab1pos2

When Google can't find something, it asks Tebow for help ...

What color is Tebow's blood? Trick question. Tebow does not bleed ...

Tebow ordered a Big Mac at Burger King -- and got one.

When it rains in the Swamp, Tim Tebow doesn't get wet. The rain gets Tim Tebow'd

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read