Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2007   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Bucs are going down.

They are not a good road team.
Got pounded by the Colts and the Hawks and even lose to the Lions by 7.
Their away wins are over the lowly Falcons, the imploding Panthers (with DC at the helm) and the Saints (thanks to Bush).

The Texans play very well at home.
Even the losses Colts (by 6), and Titans (by 3), we're in the game with a chance to win.

I say we will beat them!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bucs are going down.

I'm already over my yearly alotment of negtive rep. Spetze banged on someone who spent two hours making a mock for everyone to enjoy and I banged him back.

I hope you are correct. The facts are, bad road team or not...we're hurting very badly in the middle of the o-line. We can't stop the rush, the defense can't get off the feild on third down and we're turning the ball over like a baker on tequilla turning over dough: Happily and with out a care in the world when it hits the ground. And anyone of those things would be enough to give Gruden more than a fair shot. But all of the together.... I dunno. You're seeing something I don't see.

If they win , it will be the greatest, most improbble win in houston pro sports history. It'll rank right up there with the Oilers wild card win aginst San Deigo when Rob Carpenter litteraly threw away the crutches at game time and Vernon Perry had four picks vs Fouts. Possible, not probable.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-08-2007 at 11:55 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

double post.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-08-2007 at 02:15 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I made this prediction last year against the Colts.

I start by playing with my magic ummm eight balls.

According to my magic eight balls Houston will win. It will be a tough game and looks like this will go to overtime and We win by the grace of Kris Browns Golden foot.

So says my giant magic eight balls.

Houston : 31

Tampa Gay : 28
Old 12-08-2007   #5
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is true. I think that the Bucs are a good team but that the Texans can beat them. They just dont seem as physical as other teams that we have played.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #6
bucslover
Rookie

How about the other stat, Tampa Bay has not lost a game against a team with a losing record. Home or on the road...

What's the Texan's record again?
bucslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #7
SA Texan
Veteran

Texans 21
Bucs 17

SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2007   #8
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Send a message via AIM to spent Send a message via Yahoo to spent

31-13 bucs
spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a shot at it...24-13.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #10
atxlaurie
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 atxlaurie is a Pro Bowleratxlaurie is a Pro Bowler

I think its a "must win" in terms of team morale. I think there's a good chance our guys will come out to play with a fire in their belly. If not, then they won't win another game this season. I hope they really leave it all out on the field like the Ravens did against the Pats...except without the loss of course. If they can keep from turning the ball over, we have a good chance. Everyone should definitely pray tonight!
atxlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #11
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

The fact that this thread was started show desperation. If the Texans are within a touchdown will be a miracle.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
The fact that this thread was started show desperation. If the Texans are within a touchdown will be a miracle.
No what this thread shows is blind optimism and loyalty.... although I think you'll get your near Christmas miracle because if you get up it won't be by much.

The Texans for all their foibles don't quit, manage to hang around and are in most games till the end and at home that is sometimes enough to get the W.

Texans 13-10 in a defensive struggle.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #13
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say it but I think we lose 20-13.

I hope I'm wrong of course.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
No what this thread shows is blind optimism and loyalty....
Blind optimism is a bit of a stretch IMHO.

The Bucs aren't that good of a team. They are in a weak conferance, in a weak division.

We are however a pretty bad team ourselves, but as you imply, our "foibles" are our own mistakes.

At home, we might play a perfect game, or close enough.

I think we can beat the Bucs, I'll be there rooting for our boys.
Old 12-08-2007   #15
bucslover
Rookie

Funny, Ditka on the NFL network and one of the guys on Sirius picked the Bucs to be the team that could "come out of no where to go to the Super Bowl". Not bad for a team that is not that good, in a weak division.

Tampa Bay we beat the Losers!
Old 12-08-2007   #16
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucslover View Post
Funny, Ditka on the NFL network and one of the guys on Sirius picked the Bucs to be the team that could "come out of no where to go to the Super Bowl". Not bad for a team that is not that good, in a weak division.

Tampa Bay will not be able to beat the Cowboys or the Packers. And y'all do play in an incredibly horrible division.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #17
SA Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucslover View Post

There's no way the Bucs will get past the Cowboys, or even the Packers for that matter.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #18
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a Texan win is possible - depending upon how our make shift o line holds up - or maybe I should just say "holds." Big IF we can hold onto the ball and stop with the penalties - we have a chance. Those are a whole bunch of maybe's.

I don't have high expectations, but I'll be there cheering them on no matter what.
Texans 17
Bucs 14
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #19
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I can't wait til' tomarrow! My wife's from Tampa so we got a rivalry game at stake...........it should be fun.
Old 12-09-2007   #20
bucslover
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Texan View Post
There's no way the Bucs will get past the Cowboys, or even the Packers for that matter.

Good thing we are not playing the Packers or Cowboys today isn't it,,

Not great smack talk, saying "Well you can't beat <insert another team now here>"..

We aren't playing another team.. we are playing the Texans! At least put your own team over, not somebody elses.

How about something like this:

"The Texans can win, because they are at home, and the fans are so great and loud that they are the 12th man, they are the Home Field Advantage"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read