Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2004   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

this time ??? this time it didnt work ?????? Ok name one time this season or last season it did work ? How often have ya seen us be able to run the ball at the end of a game to run out the clock ? If it dont work dont do it ,,,pretty common sense to me maybe not all but i can say do what works and carr passing works,,,it did in the first half and we didnt try it in the second half !!! Did you see the colts trying to keep it close ? NO Manning kept on throwing,,,even the long ball with 3 mins left, so give me a break ,,(it happens) yeah with the play calling it will always happen !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #22
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

TEXANS VS TITANS.........Need I say more.Or should I bring up Texans vs Jags.....Do you want me to keep going, cause I only have 2 more wins to talk about....Stop me please!!!!!!!!!!
jnhcarrfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

titans 20-10 no need wouldnt of mattered,,,and jags a int return sealed that one !!! so thats not even accurate !!! Cause the int on jags if not picked off they couulda tied the game the O didnt get first downs to prevent it the D stopped ther O !!! And the titans they would had to score 2 times to catch up !!! Haha funny though !
Old 11-22-2004   #24
jnhcarrfans
Rookie

Haha funny though ![/quote]

yeah it did sound pretty good huh. well be back tomarrow. Hey don't you got school or something? It's gotta be like 1am in the morning in texas. well see ya'll.
jnhcarrfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #25
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

na college is out !!! for tha holiday thats right i'm trying to further my education !! ok nice arguing with ya though !!! its all in fun but i still stand by all i said ! Later jnhcarrfans
Old 11-22-2004   #26
non natural texan
Rookie

Default Actually

I just took a look at all of the teams currently ahead of us in the wild card race and none of them in my opinion have it easy. If we take care of business and go 4 and 2 these last 6 games we might have a shot. I know it is a slim chance but I think we will beat either the Jets or Jaguars and we might pull off a suprise victory against the Colts. I honestly think we will beat the Bears, Titans and Browns.

So, there is still some hope left although it is slim. Of the 5 teams whose schedules I looked at, we had only one obvious loss while other had 2 to 3.

Take a look here, and tell me if I am being too biased: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace
non natural texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #27
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they can beat almost all the teams you mentioned except the Colts.

I think the Colts are a much better team than the Texans.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2004   #28
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

oh well they have a chance to win nearly all their other games no doubt, but we'll still be out of the playoffs, 2 many good teams to have a wild card and we wont win the division ! miswell start talking about the draft and next season !
Old 11-22-2004   #29
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yeah i guess people in Carolina should of not even watched the game considering the 2 bad seasons they had before that,,,,what are people thinking having expectations,,,maybe we could convince parcells to come coach for us,,,we have the talent to utilize bills coaching ability !!!
Is that, that new thing called sarcasm?! Man your age really shows...Apparently you don't know the difference between being realistic and being such a homer that your blinded by hype surrounding this team when it wins.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396588 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool

A 6-10 season is still a success, because it shows positive progression over the past two seasons.

I will continue to pound the point that Charlie Casserly has ALWAYS said that this team is a FIVE YEAR PLAN, and we are only in year three!

While it is nice to talk about playoffs, I think it has always been delusional to actually expect an appearance. You are only setting yourself up for the inevitable fall.

Remember, this year is the FIRST TIME we even had back-to-back wins in our history, and you think we are ready for the NFL playoffs?!?!

Hey, I'm the first to admit that anything is possible, but I am also a realist that counters that pov with what is probable.

And the fact remains that we are still trying to BUILD our team with more talent so that we do not have to rely on perfect Texans play and help from our opponents in beating themselves.

And the fact is that we do NOT have a consistent running game, we do NOT have a good pass rush, and we do NOT have a O line that controls the trenches.

Without these key ingredients, it is a bit delusional to actually expect a playoff appearance this year (or any year for that matter).

Things are coming together, have patience.

Be realistic and ENJOY HAVING FOOTBALL IN OUR TOWN!!
Old 11-22-2004   #31
Doug
All Pro

Couldn't agree more!
Old 11-22-2004   #32
Texas_Heat
Veteran

A 6-10 season is still a success,no it's not.

Charlie Casserly has never said they are in year 3 of a five year plan,bob allen on the 13 casserly show asked him that a few weeks back and he said there is no five year plan.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #33
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
na college is out !!! for tha holiday thats right i'm trying to further my education !! ok nice arguing with ya though !!! its all in fun but i still stand by all i said ! Later jnhcarrfans
You're out? Where are you going? I'm at Texas State and we have classes today and tomorrow and it's really pissing me off.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004   #34
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Heat
A 6-10 season is still a success,no it's not.

Charlie Casserly has never said they are in year 3 of a five year plan,bob allen on the 13 casserly show asked him that a few weeks back and he said there is no five year plan.
Regardless of how you wanna look at it 6-10 is a game better than last year therefore successfull by comparison. I don't know what planet you've been on but all upper management including McNair have at one point and time stated one thing or another about a five year plan with this team.
Old 11-22-2004   #35
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I was so depressed last night, I felt like Houston should just not even take the field the rest of the year because they would not win another game. I don't feel that way really today. I really think they will be 6-6 when Indianapolis comes to town. The Colts game is going to be HUGE for finding out how this season ends up.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read