Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2008   #61
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Green to IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Remember when Tony Boselli and Bennie Joppru played for the Texans?

I don't, either. Nothing goes better together than Texans and injuries.
Sad but true.
Old 03-03-2008   #62
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Or how about how Andre Johnson kept being reported as day to day last year and the Chronicle not publishing many details about his injury. It took a while before they even said what leg was affected.
Does the media in Houston ask the appropriate questions with vigor? because all I ever hear from Kubiak is "he got dinged", "day to day", "talk to Kevin about that"?..

Of course, I've never seen one quote from Kevin nor have I seen anyone press the issue of "day to day" after it's been 5 or 6 weeks.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #63
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

How many years do we have to pay him? That was Sherman's doing.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #64
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Awesome!I might have to keep Yukon for a bit. Pretty tough guy who takes out and tames Bumbles.

I'm with you on the IR thing. I think this is starting the off-season despite probably being able to play or get through it.
LOL. Man, if I am pessimistic about everything...then you are the ying to my yang. I wish I had an ounce of your optimism. I was under the impression Ahman couldn't finish out the season. Seemed like he rested a few games, came into a game and then got hit and was limping off the field again. Am I not readin the bolded part of your post correctly? It appears you felt that he started the off-season rest/re-hab instead of playing through it.

Won't he get hit on the knee, again, and it will "re-bruise," even if he rested an entire year?

CloakNNNdagger might be able to help us out a bit with his knowledge of knees. I don't think there's enough healing time to get him over what he's got going on in the knee.

Dayne and Darius Walker, with Taylor in the mix, will be the guys running the ball. That's my take.
Old 03-05-2008   #65
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

In general people get the wrong idea of what a bone bruise is. They compare it to another condition that they are very familiar with.......a plain old soft tissue bruise. That type of bruise is caused by trauma to the soft tissues which creates breaks in the blood vessels in the soft tissues. The resulting bleed creates the classic bruise appearance..........blood being seen through the overlying skin.

However, classic bruise and "bone bruise" has very little in common in terms of mechanism, presentation and prognosis. An over simplified explanation of the term "bone bruise" is when a bone is subjected to a significant direct impact. But instead of the bone breaking in the classic thinking, the outside of the bone remains intact and the inner marrow of the bone is disrupted with microfracturing. This creates bleeding inside the bone with pressures developing proportionate to the "internal injury" to the marrow. Think of it as a blow to the head, which then causes bleeding inside the skull, this putting pressure of the brain because there is not room for expansion within the skull cavity...........the result from unrelenting pressure on the brain........STROKE. In the case of the knee bone bruise, pressure inside the marrow builds up (bleeding and swelling), pain and debility can be such that the whole bone might as well be broken in two, and secondary circulatory and pressure damage to the outer layer of bone/cartilage occurs. The more severe the marrow damage/bleed and the longer the internal pressure the longer the recovery (average 10 months rest) and the greater the ultimate damage to the bone/cartilage. Understand that the outside bone/cartilage does not only rely on INTACT blood vessels on their surfaces, but also the circulatory network within the bone marrow. Age, previous history of similar injury or injury within an involved joint, accompanying acute injuries and pre-existing degenerative changes all are factors in the prognosis of this type of injury. It will always result in some damage (as in this case to the knee) and degeneration of the overlying bone /cartilage structures.

Not knowing what the true facts of this case really makes the ultimate prognosis somewhat elusive. However, I would have to say that this is not a minor injury to an RB who will continue to expose himself to repeated trauma.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #66
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Dayne and Darius Walker, with Taylor in the mix, will be the guys running the ball. That's my take.
That must be why the Texans have re-signed Dayne...ooops. And according to McClain, they don't have any intention to do so.
Old 03-05-2008   #67
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Or how about how Andre Johnson kept being reported as day to day last year and the Chronicle not publishing many details about his injury. It took a while before they even said what leg was affected.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there. All the reporters in Houston play softball with the NFL head coaches. They did it with Capers too.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2008   #68
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In general people get the wrong idea of what a bone bruise is. .

Thank you.

Bone bruise is one of those terms like stomach flu. I prefer the technical explanation over the Old Farmers Almanac version.

As far as Ahman being ready for a fresh start, of course he is. There's a 200k bonus waiting for him if he completes 95% of the off-season program.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #69
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That must be why the Texans have re-signed Dayne...ooops. And according to McClain, they don't have any intention to do so.
Apparently nobody else does either. I don't think there's been a hint of interest in him.

Hmm....wonder why? He's not very good, maybe.
Old 03-05-2008   #70
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"However, I would have to say that this is not a minor injury to an RB who will continue to expose himself to repeated trauma."
Thanks for the entire explanation Cloak'nDag. That was certainly complex yet by leaving out much of the medical terminology laymen like myself could still understand what you were talking about. And if I ever thought a "bone bruise"
was somewhat of an innocuous injury, I won't again.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #71
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
In general people get the wrong idea of what a bone bruise is. They compare it to another condition that they are very familiar with.......a plain old soft tissue bruise. That type of bruise is caused by trauma to the soft tissues which creates breaks in the blood vessels in the soft tissues. The resulting bleed creates the classic bruise appearance..........blood being seen through the overlying skin.

However, classic bruise and "bone bruise" has very little in common in terms of mechanism, presentation and prognosis. An over simplified explanation of the term "bone bruise" is when a bone is subjected to a significant direct impact. But instead of the bone breaking in the classic thinking, the outside of the bone remains intact and the inner marrow of the bone is disrupted with microfracturing. This creates bleeding inside the bone with pressures developing proportionate to the "internal injury" to the marrow. Think of it as a blow to the head, which then causes bleeding inside the skull, this putting pressure of the brain because there is not room for expansion within the skull cavity...........the result from unrelenting pressure on the brain........STROKE. In the case of the knee bone bruise, pressure inside the marrow builds up (bleeding and swelling), pain and debility can be such that the whole bone might as well be broken in two, and secondary circulatory and pressure damage to the outer layer of bone/cartilage occurs. The more severe the marrow damage/bleed and the longer the internal pressure the longer the recovery (average 10 months rest) and the greater the ultimate damage to the bone/cartilage. Understand that the outside bone/cartilage does not only rely on INTACT blood vessels on their surfaces, but also the circulatory network within the bone marrow. Age, previous history of similar injury or injury within an involved joint, accompanying acute injuries and pre-existing degenerative changes all are factors in the prognosis of this type of injury. It will always result in some damage (as in this case to the knee) and degeneration of the overlying bone /cartilage structures.

Not knowing what the true facts of this case really makes the ultimate prognosis somewhat elusive. However, I would have to say that this is not a minor injury to an RB who will continue to expose himself to repeated trauma.

Thanks for talking about this again.

You are correct in saying we might not know what the "true facts" of this case are. I've heard his injury being discussed as a "bone bruise" some, but I've also heard of some other things being said, some publicly and some just rumors.

Football is a game of injuries, and the timing of the injuries can mean a lot money wise. Like with what happened with Jerome Bettis.

Publicly Green says he is fine. I am guessing the Texans aren't going to talk about it much other than nothing to see here, move along.
Old 03-05-2008   #72
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've become such a pessimist where Green is concerned. Every time I see this thread titled "Green to IR" I think "Again?"
Old 03-05-2008   #73
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I've become such a pessimist where Green is concerned. Every time I see this thread titled "Green to IR" I think "Again?"
I saw it, and then noticed that I has starter it and was like "what the hell?".
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #74
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your a mod change the title to "Green's recovery process"
Old 03-05-2008   #75
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Your a mod change the title to "Green's recovery process"
It was a joke. I mod with a philosophy that goes something like "He who mods best, mods least" and I try not to change things unnecessarily if I can avoid it.
Old 03-05-2008   #76
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It was a joke. I mod with a philosophy that goes something like "He who mods best, mods least" and I try not to change things unnecessarily if I can avoid it.
I figured you were kidding a bit but when I saw someone else chime in with the same thought, I figured I would offer an option.
Old 03-05-2008   #77
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I figured you were kidding a bit but when I saw someone else chime in with the same thought, I figured I would offer an option.
Don't change it...it makes me laugh every time I open the forums.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #78
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Don't change it...it makes me laugh every time I open the forums.
It makes me jump every time I press refresh
Old 03-06-2008   #79
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait until they cut green and dayne they are a waste of space.
Old 03-06-2008   #80
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
I can't wait until they cut green and dayne they are a waste of space.
Cant cut dayne he is a free agent.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read