Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2007   #41
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green to IR

Looks like the Chronic's Richard (in)Justice believe's Ahman is good as gone.

Quote:
Looking toward 2008, what position should the Texans fix first?

I'm voting for an impact running back. Until the Texans can run the ball consistently, they won't be able to protect Matt Schaub or be productive on offense.

In the wake of Ahman Green's release
, let's review the previous off-season. Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith appear to have had another solid draft depending on the development of Amobi Okoye. They got it right with Danny Clark, but whiffed on Jordan Black and Ahman Green. They also got it right on Matt Schaub, but the jury is still out given his injuries.

I was way wrong on Ahman Green. I knew there were risks associated with a 30-year-old running back. I also believed Ahman Green was far better than anyone the Texans had on their roster or could get in the draft. They weren't going to get Adrian Peterson with the 10th pick, and it was a thin draft for running backs. In the end, I thought Ahman Green still had gas in the tank.

He didn't. Zilch. Zippo. Ahman Green was $6.5 million poorly spent. (I think he has another $1.5 million in guaranteed money coming if the Texans cut him.) He had three games in which he got at least 15 carries. He finished with 260 rushing yards and two touchdowns. In the snapshot that the Texans had Matt Schaub, Ahman Green and Andre Johnson healthy, they looked like a playoff team. But that's irrelevant.

On a side note, Ahman Green isn't exactly the nicest guy the Texans have had in their lockerroom. If a guy can't play, you'd think he'd at least be nice. Don't judge a guy by the smiling face you see on TV. Even jerks can be nice for 90 seconds.
Has Green already cleaned out his locker? I doubt King Richard would be slamming Ahman so hard, if he still had to face him at the practice facility.

But, you don't have to be Miss Cleo to foresee Green's release. Conventional thinking would have the Texans taking a RB in the draft. I think Smith & Kubiak won't wait that long, and will hit free agency once again. Michael Turner would be a long shot, but Julius Jones is a possibility. Jones' outside game would mesh well in combination with Ron Dayne. Sorry Herv (if you're still out there), but the Dayne Train will be pulling out of Reliant Station again next season.
Old 12-09-2007   #42
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

so ahmen doesn't bend over and kiss the media's ring...therefore we dump him is that it ? And just when has this HC thrown any veteran under the bus ? six million here six million there prety soon you're talking some big money. Money you won't see the chronicle put up. They can't even afford to put the college FB stats up any more. Dump the college football stats for the genderly challenged boys socker teams. Is that it ? Got the cutie pie shorts on: gets the chronicle sport reporter guys hot...they dump the FB stats is that it ? So instead of replacing some of these neandertal sports guys they have they chop the football coverage. I think I see the problem here. No one likes lopez . no one likes justice. And yet the chronicle keeps paying these guys. How about this we dump those two keep the scocer coverage for the genderaly challenged so they aren't banging on our childern and bring back the college football stats ?

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-09-2007 at 11:50 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #43
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I hoped for better from him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought he only had two games where he started and finished the game. If he had found a way to stay healthy, he would have been big for the Texans. Now they are back in the mix for another running back, unless Walker or somebody develops.

However, I'm still happy with what the Texans have gotten out of Dayne. He is great for November and December. Now the Texans just need somebody who can run in September and August.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be interesting to see what The Dayne Train does today. I have a feeling they will be using him a lot. I suspect he'll pop one or two today and approach 100 yards before he collapses in a cloud of pizza crust.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #45
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
so ahmen doesn't bend over and kiss the media's ring...therefore we dump him is that it ? And just when has this HC thrown any veteran under the bus ? six million here six million there prety soon you're talking some big money. Money you won't see the chronicle put up. They can't even afford to put the college FB stats up any more. Dump the college football stats for the genderly challenged boys socker teams. Is that it ? Got the cutie pie shorts on: gets the chronicle sport reporter guys hot...they dump the FB stats is that it ? So instead of replacing some of these neandertal sports guys they have they chop the football coverage. I think I see the problem here. No one likes lopez . no one likes justice. And yet the chronicle keeps paying these guys. How about this we dump those two keep the scocer coverage for the genderaly challenged so they aren't banging on our childern and bring back the college football stats ?

Do you think the Texans should keep Ahman around for another year?

It's hard to tell from your above post.

"Six million here and six million there."

Agreed.

The money spent on sports today is beyond my understanding. I bought tickets to the Oilers when they were $7 a game and $3 to park.

As far as the "genderly challenged" comment, I really don't understand what you are trying to convey there.

The Chronicle is reaching out to a large segment of their reading public by reporting on soccer games. I personally do not like soccer, but then many soccer fans don't like our brand of football.

I also don't like cricket, badminton, table tennis, nascar and televised golf plus many other types of competive events. But others do.

It's mostly a cultural thing that most of us didn't grow up with here in the US.

I have never personally seen or heard of any soccer player "banging on" my children. Or anyone elses' for that matter.

If I did, I would be judged by 12 of my peers.

I also disagree with most of what Justice and Lopez have to say.

I really doubt that the Chronic discarded football stats because the soccer players wear "cutie pie shorts:.

As far as college football stats. I only care about the stats of my favorite team, and there are web sites to garner that information.

Old 12-09-2007   #46
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 102 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

does anyone know chis taylor status for the 08 season?
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #47
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans..._fresh_st.html

Quote:
March 02, 2008
Texans' Ahman Green ready for fresh start

I talked to Texans running back Ahman Green and it appears as if he will be full strength when the Texans offseason workout program starts at the end of March.

Green suffered a serious knee injury in the first game last season. He tried to play through it, but it got worse each time he got hit. He was never able to play in a complete game last season and eventually landed on the injured reserve. The injury wasn't one that required surgery though. It mostly needed just rest.

The injury wasn't similar to Mario Williams' plantar fasciitis (inflammation in the foot), but the best way to recover was similar. Everyone remembers how Williams came back as a sophomore after taking off a few months. The Texans need Green to have a similar recovery and comeback.

Green sounded optimistic last week and said he is looking forward to joining his teammates soon.

"It's going good," Green said. "I've been working out for almost two months and then I'm going to take a little break before we start as a team come March 31st. It'll be a needed break. I've been going hard at it. Take a little couple of weeks off and get back to it."

Green said once he joins the offseason workouts, he will no longer in the rehabilitation stages.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2008   #48
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice info Wolf!

Although I do have to say, I choked on my salad when I saw this thread come up. I thought, crap, he's already on IR and we haven't even started working out yet!!!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #49
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

If AG lives up to his potential - a 1000+ yarder, then the Texans are in good form. The problem is if the dude gets injured again and Dayne is left carrying the load. While Dayne is a great back and I am so glad the Texans got him, I question the Texans' ability to make it to the play-offs with just Dayne in the backfield.
Old 03-03-2008   #50
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think it's a DD/W type injury. THe second he takes another hit it'll flare up again...but I hope he'll be good for the 2008 season.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #51
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, then, goodbye to Mr. Green.

If the Chronicle reports anything optimistic about an injury, then it is best to think the opposite of what is being reported.

I know there is an analogy in the blog posting to MW's plantar fasciitis and that what Green has needs rest, but there is some siginficant differences:

1. Green is old.
2. This involves a knee.

Knees are funky. Running backs need knees.

There is a reason why the public information about Green's knee was all over the place. From what I understand from things I've heard is that the Texans and Green may have disagreed with what was exactly ailing with his knee.

If Ahman was up for Dancing With the Stars next year, I think he would be fine to do that. An entire season of NFL football, I have no confidence in.
Old 03-03-2008   #52
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Well, then, goodbye to Mr. Green.

If the Chronicle reports anything optimistic about an injury, then it is best to think the opposite of what is being reported.

I know there is an analogy in the blog posting to MW's plantar fasciitis and that what Green has needs rest, but there is some siginficant differences:

1. Green is old.
2. This involves a knee.

Knees are funky. Running backs need knees.

There is a reason why the public information about Green's knee was all over the place. From what I understand from things I've heard is that the Texans and Green may have disagreed with what was exactly ailing with his knee.

If Ahman was up for Dancing With the Stars next year, I think he would be fine to do that. An entire season of NFL football, I have no confidence in.
FWIW, Andre Ware claims that Green's injury was a deep bone bruise, similar to something Ware suffered in his career, and just takes rest to heal. Now, I'm not entirely comfortable taking Ware for his word because (1) I disagree with him 95% of the time, (2) I think he is overly homerish and naive, and (3) frankly, I think he is an *****. But, this is what he has said since the injury occured and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a healthy Ahman Green back next season.

Furthermore, I think if this was something simliar to DD's injury one of Green's MRIs would have revealed something structural. I think the similarities between Green and Davis are more symbolic than substantive.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #53
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
If AG lives up to his potential - a 1000+ yarder, then the Texans are in good form. The problem is if the dude gets injured again and Dayne is left carrying the load. While Dayne is a great back and I am so glad the Texans got him, I question the Texans' ability to make it to the play-offs with just Dayne in the backfield.

My hope is a healthy AGreen who by mid-season will essentially be the 3rd down back. Chris Taylor and a rookie mid-round pick will hopefully be sharing the bulk of the carries.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Green's injury was not a "momma, kiss the bo-bo and go play." This simply comes down to whether, Smith wants to takes a chance. Two things play out here. One the draft is still a few weeks off allowing even more exams and testing to be done. If the trainers are not putting Green through various physicals, I'd be stunned. As Stephanie said, I have no confidence is Green. Second, the team has until June first to cut him and save some bucks ($3.8m) and I'm ok with that as long as a solid young back is drafted. I'd be ok with a Stewart/Mendenhall/Forte selection in draft; Green, Dayne and Walker/Taylor (with the odd guy out on PS) roster; if that is Kubes decision. I just don't want Green to be the go to guy with no backup or #1 guy. If you can get one of the three draftees I mentioned and save $4million cutting Green? Well four million is almost real money.
Old 03-03-2008   #55
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Green's injury was not a "momma, kiss the bo-bo and go play." This simply comes down to whether, Smith wants to takes a chance. Two things play out here. One the draft is still a few weeks off allowing even more exams and testing to be done. If the trainers are not putting Green through various physicals, I'd be stunned. As Stephanie said, I have no confidence is Green. Second, the team has until June first to cut him and save some bucks ($3.8m) and I'm ok with that as long as a solid young back is drafted. I'd be ok with a Stewart/Mendenhall/Forte selection in draft; Green, Dayne and Walker/Taylor (with the odd guy out on PS) roster; if that is Kubes decision. I just don't want Green to be the go to guy with no backup or #1 guy. If you can get one of the three draftees I mentioned and save $4million cutting Green? Well four million is almost real money.
I agree that it would be nice to get rid of Green since we can't go into the season relying on him for anything. However, I just don't think Kube and Smith are going to roll dead money over into next season, which is what a June 1st cut will do...

I expect them to draft a guy in the middle rounds, and plan to go into the season with Green, Taylor, Walker, and the rookie- keeping 4 on the 53 man roster all season... furthermore, I'd expect 1 or 2 guys on the practice squad.
Unless Green gets injured, I don't expect him to be released until at least next June.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #56
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
FWIW, Andre Ware claims that Green's injury was a deep bone bruise, similar to something Ware suffered in his career, and just takes rest to heal. Now, I'm not entirely comfortable taking Ware for his word because (1) I disagree with him 95% of the time, (2) I think he is overly homerish and naive, and (3) frankly, I think he is an *****. But, this is what he has said since the injury occured and it certainly wouldn't hurt to have a healthy Ahman Green back next season.

Furthermore, I think if this was something simliar to DD's injury one of Green's MRIs would have revealed something structural. I think the similarities between Green and Davis are more symbolic than substantive.
I know that what has been said at times publicly is that Green has a bone bruise, the sort that shows up on an MRI. At other times, it was described differently. (I heard he consulted with a number of doctors about the knee and that not all of them said he had a bone bruise. Pretty good source).

What DD/W had was a bone bruise too.

Green has been optimistic about the knee in the past, and all that did was delay being put on the IR.

Whatever is being said publicly, the truth is that knees are quirky and that the reports that come from the Chronicle about injuries usually are whatever is said by the player/team without any further discussion of the injury by outside experts.

Remember the optimistic Spencer stories right before the draft? It was a nice story about Kailee Wong coming back from a awful injury, but it was more of a symbolic comeback than anything else.
Old 03-03-2008   #57
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Nice info Wolf!

Although I do have to say, I choked on my salad when I saw this thread come up. I thought, crap, he's already on IR and we haven't even started working out yet!!!
Agreed, don't do that to a guy....
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #58
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Remember the optimistic Spencer stories right before the draft? It was a nice story about Kailee Wong coming back from a awful injury, but it was more of a symbolic comeback than anything else.
Remember when Tony Boselli and Bennie Joppru played for the Texans?

I don't, either. Nothing goes better together than Texans and injuries.
Old 03-03-2008   #59
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I know that what has been said at times publicly is that Green has a bone bruise, the sort that shows up on an MRI. At other times, it was described differently. (I heard he consulted with a number of doctors about the knee and that not all of them said he had a bone bruise. Pretty good source).

What DD/W had was a bone bruise too.

Green has been optimistic about the knee in the past, and all that did was delay being put on the IR.

Whatever is being said publicly, the truth is that knees are quirky and that the reports that come from the Chronicle about injuries usually are whatever is said by the player/team without any further discussion of the injury by outside experts.

If you go back to McLain's interview with McNair, McNair hinted that 'Green would have to play for the Texans' in order for things to work out between the two. to me, that meant 'Green is going to have to rework a more team friendly deal for us to take the risk of bringing him back in 08' At that point I pretty much knew Green's days were numbered in Houston unless he sacrifices some of his money for the team. I am guessing he would rather be a Free Agent and keep his bonus.
Old 03-03-2008   #60
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Remember when Tony Boselli and Bennie Joppru played for the Texans?

I don't, either. Nothing goes better together than Texans and injuries.
Or how about how Andre Johnson kept being reported as day to day last year and the Chronicle not publishing many details about his injury. It took a while before they even said what leg was affected.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read