Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2007   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bucs and Texans, the numbers

Not sure why I'm still doing this. Must be habit by now or something. In any case here are the numbers for this week. Tampa has a better defense, most notably in points allowed. Houston has a slight edge in numbers on the offense, but with all our injuries not sure that matters much. We do have the home field advantage, but I'm predicting a Tampa Bay win.

But I'll still be here on Sunday watching because the Texans are my team.

Offense

Houston: YPG 344, rushing YPG 93, Passing YPG 251, points PG 22

Tampa: YPG 325, rushing YPG 119, Passing YPG 205, points PG 20

Defense

Houston: YPG 337, rushing YPG 122, passing YPG 215, points PG 24

Tampa: YPG 291, rushing YPG 106, passing YPG 185, points PG 15

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #2
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 120 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Bucs and Texans, the numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not sure why I'm still doing this. Must be habit by now or something.
Well, we all appreciate it. I enjoy reading this every week. Thanks.
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #3
creekchub00
Rookie

Default Re: Bucs and Texans, the numbers

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=279

That is some more statistical comparison...If Shaub and Garcia don't play then the offensive stats mean little IMO.
creekchub00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekchub00 View Post
http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=279

That is some more statistical comparison...If Shaub and Garcia don't play then the offensive stats mean little IMO.
Their stats show that Rosenfels are pretty potato/potatoe, so don't expect much different from the Texans if Schaub is out.

Although in saying this I think Schaub is a better player.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Their stats show that Rosenfels are pretty potato/potatoe, so don't expect much different from the Texans if Schaub is out.

Although in saying this I think Schaub is a better player.
Think that is fair.

Ultimately, what is stunning to me about the Texans season is how many times they have just given the ball to the other team but kept staying in the games.

Never had one of those games where you say, "Gee they protected the ball well, too bad they lost." Some of the turnovers are stupid and some are just flukey as heck. It's like every Sunday is Christmas for the opposing teams.

I am expecting more weird football because I don't know to expect anything different.
Old 12-06-2007   #6
Bucamaniac40
Rookie

The Bucs do have good veteran leadership that will let the young guys know that its one game at a time and the Texans are hungry to show their fans and themselves that they are gonna play 60 minutes!
Bucamaniac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #7
bucslover
Rookie

yes, I have been worried about this game for awhile.. I think we will win, but I know we should take the Texans seriously... we need to get by the Texans and the 49ers on the road then just two home games ....
bucslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read