Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Could Sage be auditioning as trade bait the rest of season?

Do any of you guys think that if Sage plays very well to close out the season we will receive offers for our backup qb in the offseason for a team in need of a veteran qb that can step in and start right away?

I wouldn't want to trade Sage but if a team offers the right price it would be hard not to. I mean, if he plays well enough over these last 4 games where a team like the Bears offer their 2nd round pick (ala AJ Feely to Dolphins a few years back) then it would be hard not to take that deal even though reliable backup QBs are hard to find and Schaub's durability issues in 06.
Old 12-04-2007   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could Sage be auditioning as trade bait the rest of season?

Given the problem Schaub has staying on the field because of continually getting hurt, I would imagine the Texans price for Sage is escalating as we
post to this thread.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't trade Sage right now. We need a competent backup QB in 2008, especially in light of injury concerns with Schaub and the fact that we have yet to get consistent pass protection from week to week.
Old 12-04-2007   #4
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Do any of you guys think that if Sage plays very well to close out the season we will receive offers for our backup qb in the offseason for a team in need of a veteran qb that can step in and start right away?

I wouldn't want to trade Sage but if a team offers the right price it would be hard not to. I mean, if he plays well enough over these last 4 games where a team like the Bears offer their 2nd round pick (ala AJ Feely to Dolphins a few years back) then it would be hard not to take that deal even though reliable backup QBs are hard to find and Schaub's durability issues in 06.
That's why I wouldn't. Schaub seems (I may be wrong, you can't guage a hit from the stands) but he seems to be more fragile than we thought. The last thing we want is to get caught without a backup right now. But if he has a shot to start somewhere, I would love for him to get a shot too. He's earned it. ---Only if we get a second rounder or better though.....otherwise there will be riots!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that we shouldn't trade Sage, but everyone has their price and to me Sage's price is a 2nd round pick. That's high for a backup qb imo (yes, I know we traded twice that for Schaub!!!) and I doubt most teams would go for it (unless Sage plays lights out the rest of the season) but its high because I think that's how valuable he is to this football team.
Old 12-04-2007   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Who do you guys see as possibilities to make this trade? IMO:

Bears, Jets, Falcons, 49ers, Bills, Ravens, Chiefs, and Panthers are all gonna be in the market for a QB next season and are therefore all in the running for our backup QB who is gonna light up the league these last 4 games!!!
Old 12-04-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

as many holes as we need to fill right now I wouldn't say trading Sage for a few draft picks wouldn't be a bad idea. Kubiak beleives in a building a team through the draft and what better way than to get more draft picks. This coming draft should have alot of good prospects. If houston can pick up someones #1 & #2 picks in next draft or even 2 #2's I'd say it'd be worth it. They can even pick up a QB in the draft to train up.
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2007   #8
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

There's lots of talent to be had in the 2nd round of an NFL draft. Sure you can get your busts like any other but i'd gladly risk getting a Tony Hollings or Jabar Gaffney to get the next DeMeco Ryans or Marcus Mcneil (pro bowl LT Chargers 2nd round same draft).
Old 12-04-2007   #9
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
That's why I wouldn't. Schaub seems (I may be wrong, you can't guage a hit from the stands) but he seems to be more fragile than we thought. The last thing we want is to get caught without a backup right now. But if he has a shot to start somewhere, I would love for him to get a shot too. He's earned it. ---Only if we get a second rounder or better though.....otherwise there will be riots!
FIrst off, Matt's two injuries were late helmet hits, one from Haynesworth in the last Titan's game, and the other really late hit from that other *****, who I can't think of his name, who should be suspended. That doesn't make him fragile. AND it wasn't the lines fault.

Now SUnday, Odom should have never been able to get to Matt. That was a missed block. Still doesn't make him fragile.

As far as Sage, that would be a big loss if he left.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's lots of talent to be had in the 2nd round of an NFL draft. Sure you can get your busts like any other but i'd gladly risk getting a Tony Hollings or Jabar Gaffney to get the next DeMeco Ryans or Marcus Mcneil (pro bowl LT Chargers 2nd round same draft).
Jabar Gaffney is not a bust.

He is doing very well with the Patriots. He caught the game winning TD last night!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Gaffney was a bust with Houston.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #12
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Jabar Gaffney is not a bust.

He is doing very well with the Patriots. He caught the game winning TD last night!

Thanks for reminding us.....
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Gaffney was a bust with Houston.
Which is why he was included in my example of 2nd round busts we've had...although admittedly there are many choices other than Gaffney
Old 12-04-2007   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

hope not. i like having sage as a #2
Old 12-04-2007   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
hope not. i like having sage as a #2
As does everyone else, but i'd enjoy having another DeMeco or a pro bowl LT more.
Old 12-04-2007   #16
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92860 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

See what kind of numbers he can put up. If he can stay healthy and put up numbers like Schaub, then trading him would be stupid.

Give him a chance to beat out Fragile Matty in the offseason, and go from there.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
As does everyone else, but i'd enjoy having another DeMeco or a pro bowl LT more.
you saying mareyo is going to hawaii?
Old 12-04-2007   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Given the problem Schaub has staying on the field because of continually getting hurt, I would imagine the Texans price for Sage is escalating as we
post to this thread.
I think upgrading along the o-line would help this tremendously, but I know that is a minority viewpoint in Houston.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #19
austintexanite
All Pro

I don't think we should trade Sage unless a team is offering a 2nd rounder. However, I severly doubt that.
Old 12-04-2007   #20
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Could Sage be auditioning as trade bait the rest of season?

Man I hope we keep 'em he's the best back up I've seen ever.

They trade 'em and thats it, McNair its on.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read