Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Most winnable game left on schedule?

At first glance it would be the Denver Broncos game next Thursday. Denver's defense is not looking so hot and their offense is suffering the same problems as us (turnovers, inconsistency overall).

But a closer look indicates it may be the season finale on Battle Red Day against Jacksonville....

Now hear me out, Jacksonville will have most likely locked up a playoff spot and will know they are going to be playing San Diego more than likely. They will probably rest their starters for the game or pull them out a bit early. Throw in the fact that we always play them exceptionally tough on Battle Red Day and its our last game of the year at home and we wont to end the season on a high note and there you have it...the Texans most winnable game left on the schedule.
Old 12-04-2007   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Most winnable game left on schedule?

At this time, the Denver game looks like the most winnable. Not that it looks very winnable atm
Old 12-04-2007   #3
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

The first game next season looks the most winnable, but seriuosly the Colts might be because they have a habit of resting their players if they clinch.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 258627 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't be surprised if we are 5-11 at the end of this season. With the players missing that we have on IR, it's a distinct possibility we are done for the year.

You can't keep dropping starters off the roster like we have and it not effect things.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #5
SA Texan
Veteran

I think Denver is a very winnable game as well as Jax, but if I had to choose one, it would be Denver. They have just looked very inconsistent all year…I just don't see them as a very good team and they are vulnerable to lose every week.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most winnable game left on schedule?
That depends on who's schedule you're talking about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Don't be surprised if we are 5-11 at the end of this season. With the players missing that we have on IR, it's a distinct possibility we are done for the year.

You can't keep dropping starters off the roster like we have and it not effect things.
5-11 is my feeling, too. I'm just not confident that this team can overcome the injuries and lack of motivation to quit hurting themselves with stupid mistakes. Turning the ball over and missed tackles are a sign of a team on the ropes, and we've seen it too many times to count now.

Hopefully the offseason can cure what ails us and our 2008 season can finally be one that we win more than we lose. *fingers crossed*
Old 12-04-2007   #7
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That depends on who's schedule you're talking about...

5-11 is my feeling, too. I'm just not confident that this team can overcome the injuries and lack of motivation to quit hurting themselves with stupid mistakes. Turning the ball over and missed tackles are a sign of a team on the ropes, and we've seen it too many times to count now.

Hopefully the offseason can cure what ails us and our 2008 season can finally be one that we win more than we lose. *fingers crossed*
My god you two are about as optomistic as a deer looking down the barrel of a gun.

Even if you do believe it to be true this dosen't mean the glass can't be 1/16 full rather than 15/16 empty.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2007   #8
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Texan View Post
I think Denver is a very winnable game as well as Jax, but if I had to choose one, it would be Denver. They have just looked very inconsistent all year…I just don't see them as a very good team and they are vulnerable to lose every week.
I'm saying Denver. Hell, the Raiders beat them this week. Hopefully, we can take it to them.
Old 12-04-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly believe the Texans can win any or "ALL" of their 3 remaining
home games, and I'm certainly no pollyanna when it comes to the subject of the Houston Texans, even though I'm a huge fan and will remain one.
And of course it goes without saying we have "0" chance to win in Indy this year.
If Sage gets hot (for reference, see the Titans vs. Texans in Reliant Stadium in 2007) he can light up this offense. So I'm not predicting they sweep their remaining home games, but it could happen though definitely not likely.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
My god you two are about as optomistic as a deer looking down the barrel of a gun.
And the reason(s) to be optimistic about our sixth straight losing season would be....?

I call it like I see it. I don't drink Kool-Aid or hatorade. And I know good football when I see it, I know bad football when I see it (way too much experience with the latter the past half decade).

And sorry, my friend, the Texans are playing bad football right now. Until they can pull their heads out and fix the fundamental problems - i.e. turnovers, missed tackles, etc. - I cannot believe that they will magically morph into a winning team.

Quote:
Even if you do believe it to be true this dosen't mean the glass can't be 1/16 full rather than 15/16 empty.
I'm just glad we have a glass. I'm not going to ***** about what is, or is not, in it.

I have no expectations, so I have no disappointment. While I am a Texans fan for life, I'm not blind to the obvious. When the team gives me something to believe in, then I will start believing. But until then, six seasons of mediocre, and at times downright garbage, football leaves me feeling less than hopeful about the franchise right now.

Less than 30 wins in 6 seasons. yeah, we're going places...or not.

p.s. I'm not a hunter, but I know many that do hunt. And I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that deer do not comprehend what they are seeing when they "look down the barrel of a gun". So they are not optimistic or even pessimistic about it, they just are what they are, existing for the moment. Much like me as a Texans fan! Enjoy the moment, but it's just entertainment and nothing to lose sleep over.
Old 12-04-2007   #11
austintexanite
All Pro

Denver and Jacksonville. I think we are pretty even with the Broncos, which should be a good game. As for the Jags, it's a division rival and I have a feeling we will close out this season with a W and hurting the Jags playoff chances.
Old 12-04-2007   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised that the team has even been IN the games themselves. There haven't been the blowouts that I've been used to. The Chargers game is the only one where you knew that game was over after the 1st half.

Upon further review of jersey colors, the Texans will win both of their battle red days.

Last edited by dtran04; 12-04-2007 at 11:07 AM.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

what channel will the broncos game be on? (other than NFLN) i've heard CBS, ABC 13, UPN....
Old 12-04-2007   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 258627 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would love it if the Texans won a few more games before the season is over with. I am NOT one of those that want us to lose to get a better draft choice. Winning comes from habit, and that habit needs to be set as soon as possible. It might already be starting, but like I said in my original post, you can't just delete all the starters we have from the roster and expect a team with NO debth to compete.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans..._the_ol_1.html
"gb: What's your take on the moral of the team after these tough loses and injuries?
Megan_Manfull: They are deflated. They are as disappointed as anyone. They knew they just lost "must win" games. The playoff talk is over now. It was a very somber team last night."
This is taken out of Megan Manfulls current blog which appears in the Chronicle and it needs to be included in any consideration of the Texans'
performance for the remainder of this season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #16
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are obviously a much better team at home than on the road. I think they can win two of those three remaining home games to finish 7-9, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the team's health is a worrisome issue.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #17
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Battle Red Day is against the Broncos not the Jags
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

No telling which ones are the most winnable with this team.

Look at the schedule for the last two years--they win ones they are suppose to lose, and lose ones they are supposed to win.

The best thing they have going for them is that three of the four games are at home. If you have a busted up offensive line and a young team, it's easier to play at home than on the road. The Texans in particular have really struggled on the road.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read