Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-03-2007   #1
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bush

Some of you are using my Texans Ticker Widget, well being half cajun lots of my family are die-hard Saints fans (they are my NFC team) so I made a Saints Ticker Widget as well. This was one of the articles in the feed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Seeing as the whole Vince/Bush/Mario thing is starting to sort itself out, I thought this would make those who wished the Texans would have taken Bush feel better about the Texans not picking him.

Seeing as how Mario played in the Saints game and the Titans game....the Texans are looking real good for the pick.

Not trying to start anything, just passing the article along.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #2
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Some of you are using my Texans Ticker Widget, well being half cajun lots of my family are die-hard Saints fans (they are my NFC team) so I made a Saints Ticker Widget as well. This was one of the articles in the feed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Seeing as the whole Vince/Bush/Mario thing is starting to sort itself out, I thought this would make those who wished the Texans would have taken Bush feel better about the Texans not picking him.

Seeing as how Mario played in the Saints game and the Titans game....the Texans are looking real good for the pick.

What is a widget? Is it a midget with a wedgy?
Old 12-04-2007   #3
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
What is a widget? Is it a midget with a wedgy?
ha ha......not quite.

Here is info about widgets:
http://www.apple.com/imac/software/dashboard.html

And here is the link to download my Texans Ticker Widget if you're using a Mac:
http://web.mac.com/twitchie/TwitchsB...ns_Ticker.html
Old 12-04-2007   #4
austintexanite
All Pro

Great find, somehow I wonder if they have this in the Saints forum. Funny how no one showed the footage of him walking off before the game is over.
Old 12-04-2007   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

4th and 2 .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Old 12-04-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This would seem an appropriate place to mention Bush's ridiculously poor lateral attempt.

Where did he learn to pass the ball, Vince Young's Passing Academy.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2007   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mike(Utica,NY)
Is Reggie Bush nothing more than a hyped up Dave Meggett? I don't think he's ever going to learn to run the ball and he also leads the league in fumbles and dropped passes.

MATT WILLIAMSON
That is about right. Eric Metcalf. Can't compare to someone like Westbrook. NEEDS a McAlister type back there with him. Speed is not enough at this level.
From an ongoing ESPN chat:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #9
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Great find, somehow I wonder if they have this in the Saints forum. Funny how no one showed the footage of him walking off before the game is over.
I'd love to see it if anyone can find it.

Great pic powerful dragon
Old 12-04-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
4th and 2 .....
i'm lost.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i'm lost.
I think he is referring to the National championship game from 05, aka the Reggie Bush decoy play...I think...maybe????
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't remember a decoy play. i remember Lendale White running up the middle with Bush on the sidelines.
Old 12-04-2007   #13
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i don't remember a decoy play. i remember Lendale White running up the middle with Bush on the sidelines.
yep and people were making a stink about Bush being on the sidelines best player blah blah, but as we now see, he's not a "get a yard" back. He dances too much. I've seen him not get easy first downs cause he was dancing to try and get 10 yards instead of the yard he needed.

Last edited by Twitch-Houston; 12-04-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-04-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Bush was on the sidelines because USC always used Lendale White in that situation. always.
Old 12-04-2007   #15
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 43675 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
not starting something? by posting the billionth Bush thread on the boards? Somehow I find that hard to believe...

Quote:
Great find, somehow I wonder if they have this in the Saints forum.
LOTS of Saints fans are saying the same things.

This was linked on the saints boards - courtesy of Jim Henderson, longtime play by play broadcaster for the Saints:

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/....647c3a3a.html

from the article:

Quote:
Sean Payton took the blame, as he should have. The players took the blame for their teammates' mistakes, as they should have. And Reggie Bush "took a powder" when it came to saying anything about anything, as he shouldn't have.

I remember in the first game this season with the Bucs in Tampa, Deuce McAllister had given up a crucial early fumble in the game that quickly became a rout. He sat patiently at his locker afterward, responding civilly to anyone's questions about it.
and if you check out the saints boards, you will see threads entitled - just from the first two pages alone and looking only at subject lines, not counting posts in plenty of threads that don't have "BUSH" in the subject title

Bush = Bust

I won't use the word BUST, but....

How about Bush at WR full time?

Never been a Bush Basher, but...

Reggie Bush the Player, Reggie Bush the Man

Reggie is a great talent. Reggie is one of the best athletes I have ever seen....but..

reggie bush/kim kardashian

Sophomore Slump (Reggie and Coach Payton)

And so on....

So for those of you who keep categorizing Saints fans as being delusional for thinking Reggie Bush is the second coming and an All-Pro or even a full time RB - the fact is that the majority of Saints fans on the boards have grown increasingly critical.

I miss Deuce. More than I ever thought I would...
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #16
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 375 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
Is Mario stopping Bush with just one arm?
Old 12-05-2007   #17
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

it left out a caption:

i'm in ur backfield, stuffing ur run
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
it left out a caption:

i'm in ur backfield, stuffing ur run
lazy attempt.

Old 12-05-2007   #19
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
not starting something? by posting the billionth Bush thread on the boards? Somehow I find that hard to believe...

LOTS of Saints fans are saying the same things.
I honestly wasn't trying. I thought people would just read the article and take it for what it is. I'm surprised at how popular the thread is. Yes it appears on the surface to be just another Bush thread, but this one is different. Bush is NOT being lauded as the next Gayle Sayers now. You say lots of Saints fans are saying the same things, but you have to remember all the months of "your team is stupid for passing on Reggie and Vince" that we Texans fans had to endure. From my Thibodaux, La based family as well....ha ha

This article is only one example pointing out what a lot of Saints fans are starting to realize, but do you see it on NFL.com or ESPN? I haven't found it. If Reggie had run all over the Texans, we would have heard nothing but grief for passing on him. As it turned out, Mario won the battle this time. I think the media is starting to give him some credit now though.

I grew up an Oiler and Saints fan, I'm now a Texans and Saints fan. So I have watched both teams quite a bit, and being a Saints fan I want Reggie to do well, but as you pointed out, Deuce helped Reggie more than Reggie helped Deuce it appears.
Old 12-05-2007   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Featured story at FanHouse (from a Saints fan):

Is New Orleans Starting to Fall Out of Love With Reggie Bush?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read