Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2007   #1
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Paging Tonya Harding...

Did the post-game comments from that classless piece of dogshit Albert Haynesworth make anyone else want to punch the screen?

Quote:

Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth doesn't think much of the Texans' Matt Schaub as a quarterback, but he's a Sage Rosenfels fan.

Schaub was knocked out of the first game against the Titans. He was knocked out again in Sunday's 28-20 Texans loss with a dislocated left shoulder.

"I think he's just scared of us," Haynesworth said after the game. "Maybe next year he won't play against us; he'll just sit that game out."

In three games against the Titans, Rosenfels has thrown eight touchdown passes — three last season, four in the first game this season and one Sunday.

"We were determined not to let (Rosenfels) get started and all that," Haynesworth said, "but he still made some good plays. It's just too bad he didn't get that $60 million."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5346626.html
It's past time for karma to make that thug her *****.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Paging Tonya Harding...

As much as it pains me to say it, Schaub has done nothing to prove him wrong.

I see flashes of potential, but overall, it's the same old song and dance with this franchise. I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie. The fact of the matter is that we are a losing franchise and continue to be a losing franchise. Individual performances are good for highlight reels and new contracts, but the only thing that matters is scoreboard at the end of the day. We have been swept by the Titans the majority of our seasons, so they leave me with little to cling onto in the way of hope.

For all the great things we hoped for when we got Schaub and Green, the results are still the same as previous seasons. Losing more than we win, unable to get a win streak going, unable to rise to the challenge of individual games.
Old 12-03-2007   #3
treygar
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 treygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballottreygar is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think the Rosenfels not getting $60 mil comment is funny myself.

Schaub the savior has bowed out of 3 of his 10 games, Sage has had to come off the bench or start (one start being a victory), he should definitely get a cut.
Old 12-03-2007   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post

With the amount of brains that Haynesworth got handed, I'll say that karma already done its job
Old 12-03-2007   #5
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by treygar View Post
I think the Rosenfels not getting $60 mil comment is funny myself.

Schaub the savior has bowed out of 3 of his 10 games, Sage has had to come off the bench or start (one start being a victory), he should definitely get a cut.
I cannot believe the criticism Schaub is taking from Texans fans for getting hurt in games this season, especially in light of the cheap shots he took that put him on the sideline.

Albert Haynesworth is one of the guys who took a cheap shot at him on the field. Now he takes another one at him from the locker room.
Old 12-03-2007   #6
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

It's football, the same type of things being said by legends of the game in years past was considered great. But now that Albert says it about our player it is a problem? For years fans have said this team needs some swagger, some attitude. What is wrong with some trashtalk? It is only good when it happens on a message board? Albert talks and backs it up. End of that story.

I don't have much of a problem with it myself. To the victor goes the spoils and the trash talking rights.
Old 12-03-2007   #7
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As much as it pains me to say it, Schaub has done nothing to prove him wrong.

I see flashes of potential, but overall, it's the same old song and dance with this franchise. I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie. The fact of the matter is that we are a losing franchise and continue to be a losing franchise. Individual performances are good for highlight reels and new contracts, but the only thing that matters is scoreboard at the end of the day. We have been swept by the Titans the majority of our seasons, so they leave me with little to cling onto in the way of hope.

For all the great things we hoped for when we got Schaub and Green, the results are still the same as previous seasons. Losing more than we win, unable to get a win streak going, unable to rise to the challenge of individual games.

co-signed.

Bottom line is that we had expectations for winning more games this year and it is very likely we will lost more games than last year with additions that were supposed to make the team better. So frustrating. I know we have had injuries, but doesn't change the record. We have changed QB, RB, HC, Coordinators, WRs, and yet we still can't match the best season we had under the old regime. Not saying I want them back, but just venting.
Old 12-03-2007   #8
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
It's football, the same type of things being said by legends of the game in years past was considered great. But now that Albert says it about our player it is a problem? For years fans have said this team needs some swagger, some attitude. What is wrong with some trashtalk? It is only good when it happens on a message board? Albert talks and backs it up. End of that story.

I don't have much of a problem with it myself. To the victor goes the spoils and the trash talking rights.
I agree insofar as I'd like to see the Texans players punch the other guy in the face and let him know about it, but Haynesworth has a well-known history of classlessness. It's one thing to play with swagger and attitude. It's another to parlay that emotion into dirty play.

His words yesterday say everything about the guy.
Old 12-03-2007   #9
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
co-signed.

Bottom line is that we had expectations for winning more games this year and it is very likely we will lost more games than last year with additions that were supposed to make the team better. So frustrating. I know we have had injuries, but doesn't change the record. We have changed QB, RB, HC, Coordinators, WRs, and yet we still can't match the best season we had under the old regime. Not saying I want them back, but just venting.
You cannot just glide over that with a "but."

The injuries this team has suffered are almost beyond comprehension. I don't care how good you are, no team would compete for the playoffs if you lose as many key players as the 2007 Houston Texans. This is not an excuse. It's a flat-out reason.

The team constructed at the beginning of the season is not the one playing on the field today.
Old 12-03-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Classless or not, I'd take the guy in a heartbeat. When a DLine player steps on the field he needs to become a mean SOB and Haynesworth is just that.

Punch'em in tha mouth or ya gunna get whooped.
Old 12-03-2007   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

If they think that Rosenfels is so much better than Schaub then why were they trying to knock him out of the game? Sounds a little conflicting to me.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #12
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
With the amount of brains that Haynesworth got handed, I'll say that karma already done its job
Hahah! Well said, sir. Well said. Rep for you.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Here I thought Sage had had injury issues during his career too. I guess he is "the man" now. ..ahem
Old 12-03-2007   #14
dskillz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Here I thought Sage had had injury issues during his career too. I guess he is "the man" now. ..ahem
Trash talk is rarely logical. That is all this is. No need to make a big fuss about it.
Old 12-03-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Trash talk is rarely logical. That is all this is. No need to make a big fuss about it.
Agreed. Just making a point that seemed ironic and talked about in the off season.
Old 12-03-2007   #16
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I see no point in covering a turd with sprinkles to act like it's a brownie.
Now that's funny.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #17
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Karma will, when Haynesworth runs for the money this offseason and ends up on a crap team. Oh, and when Schaub gets some protection, he'll make every team in the AFC South HIS *****.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You cannot just glide over that with a "but."

The injuries this team has suffered are almost beyond comprehension. I don't care how good you are, no team would compete for the playoffs if you lose as many key players as the 2007 Houston Texans. This is not an excuse. It's a flat-out reason.

The team constructed at the beginning of the season is not the one playing on the field today.
Every team has injuries, obviously some more than others. The difference is that we still have no depth after 6 seasons. And since we've tended to take other teams rejects instead of building from our drafts (no thanks to Casserly), we have a little less room for recovering from the injury bug.

At some point our team is going to have to spend a high pick or two on offensive linemen and RB. Getting over-the-hills and later rounders can only do so much for us when we do not have a solid team around them to pick up the slack.
Old 12-03-2007   #19
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not ready to hang Schaub out to dry just yet. He's faced many of the same problems DC faced and is suffering the consequences that David never faced.

David learned in his later years with the Texans not to look down the field but to keep his eyes down to watch the line. It’s a bad habit to get into and probably the reason he's not starting in Carolina now. I red an article this past weekend speculating that this may be David's last year in the NFL. I'd have to say, the Texans had a lot to do with his fate.

Schaub hasn't gotten into that habit yet (I hope he doesn't) but his final play can be directly attributed to him looking down the field trying to make a play while the line protection broke down in front of him. Schaub suffered the consequences for that decision.

Unless this line is fixed this off-season, we will ruin another quarterback.

The hard part to swallow in this scenario is that the two draft picks we used to get Schaub may be the very thing that causes his down fall. The Colts took their starting LT with the 10th pick (we would have had the 9th pick) in the second round of last year’s draft (Tony Ugoh).
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #20
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'd have to say, the Texans had a lot to do with his fate.
I wouldn't. I don't know how anyone can legitimately blame the Texans when Carr proved incapable of getting rid of the ball quickly, delivering it over the top so the pass wouldn't get batted down at the line, setting his feet to throw, or not fumbling the snap. David Carr is accountable for David Carr's play, not the Houston Texans. The Texans are accountable for not recognizing the problem earlier and addressing it accordingly.

Quote:
Schaub hasn't gotten into that habit yet (I hope he doesn't) but his final play can be directly attributed to him looking down the field trying to make a play while the line protection broke down in front of him.
Actually, he scrambled out of the pocket and the protection broke down behind him. If he had eyes in the back of his head, he probably would've been able to avoid the sack.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read