Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2007   #1
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Exclamation Classless move by a classy franchise?

EVERY team in the NFL (even the Raiders) had #21 stickers on the back of their helmets yesterday except our Texans. The ONLY Texans to wear them were Andre Johnson & Eric Winston who formerly played with Sean Taylor. I thought that was a pretty classless move, what are you thoughts on that situation?

Last edited by Hook'er; 12-03-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Hook'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #2
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Classless move by a classy franchise?

Why were they wearing #12?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #3
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
EVERY team in the NFL (even the Raiders) had #12 stickers on the back of their helmets yesterday except out Texans. The ONLY Texans to wear them were Andre Johnson & Eric Winston who formerly played with Sean Taylor. I thought that was a pretty classless move, what are you thoughts on that situation?
It's #21. Unless it was mandated by the NFL - whats the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #4
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
EVERY team in the NFL (even the Raiders) had #12 stickers on the back of their helmets yesterday except out Texans. The ONLY Texans to wear them were Andre Johnson & Eric Winston who formerly played with Sean Taylor. I thought that was a pretty classless move, what are you thoughts on that situation?
you mean #21 stickers? And I think you are making too big a deal out of it. Yes it was a very sad thing. Should they all have done it maybe maybe not. Could have been that they respected the 2 guys that played with him enough to let them stand out in the crowd. I would leave the issue alone.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm . . I believe it's #21.

Other than that, why try to make something out of nothing?

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

It was a player option. I watched other games throughout the day and I would say around 1/2 to 3/4 of the players were wearing the #21.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #7
SA Texan
Veteran

It's a non issue and no it wasn't classless. Everyone (and every team) has different ways of handling things and honoring people. It's just like you can still support the troops without driving around with a yellow ribbon on your car.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2007   #8
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I found it odd that other teams were wearing his number on their helmets. Normally it is just the team the person played for. Why weren't all the teams wearing the numbers of those Broncos players that died during the offseason? Aren't the Broncos already wearing 2 different numbers? I assume some are wearing 3 now? If this keeps up they are going to look like Ohio State with those stickers all over their helmets.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

If we were the only one out of 32 teams to NOT wear a #21 sticker in honor of ST, then I would have a HUGE problem with it. But i don't think that was the case.

I don't know all the facts about this but I sure hope the yanks over at ESPN don't make this a story if we pretty much diss'ed the tribute and the rest of the league pretty much honored it. i'm not a huge ST guy and all the facts aren't out but what is the big deal with putting a 21 on your helmet like the rest of the league? (if that is the case)

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-03-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #10
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Yawn. Taylor's death was certainly sad and tragic, but I am not going to damn the Texans over a helmet decal.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #11
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Your right #21, I'm not damning the Texans just woundering what you guys thought?
Old 12-03-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

lets all find stuff about the texans to complain about.
Old 12-03-2007   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

My good friend Ed Hochuli told me that Gary Kubiak has moderate to severe halitosis. Man somebody buy that guy some listerine and altoids and orbit gum.
Old 12-03-2007   #14
Hook'er
Veteran

Lil' bigger please!
Old 12-03-2007   #15
Hook'er
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
lets all find stuff about the texans to complain about.
Oh', and I love the Texans!
Old 12-03-2007   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh', and I love the Texans!
Thats good and great and all but your satrting of this thread sounds more like a gripe fest. You say your not damning the Texans but you did type it in bold and in Red so if you are not damning them what exactly are you doing? We can not read emotions behind a computer screen and with typing words. We can only deduce what the temperment is of the typist but who they type those words. By using the red and the bold it looks like you are damning the Texans.

If you do not know the guy and have never met him would you put a decal on your helmet if you were not a Redskin? I have to much respect for people to do something that is fake and disingenuous? So the players that played at U M can put stickers on their helmets and the Redskins can to so then it adds more weight to it and makes it a true sincere statement versus some crap the NFL told players they had to do.
Old 12-03-2007   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
you mean #21 stickers? And I think you are making too big a deal out of it. Yes it was a very sad thing. Should they all have done it maybe maybe not. Could have been that they respected the 2 guys that played with him enough to let them stand out in the crowd. I would leave the issue alone.
I think thats the one. Those were team mates of his. We are too classy for irt to be anything else.
Old 12-03-2007   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I am NOT a great fan of mandatory honoring. It takes the symbolism and meaning out of it. I don't care whether it's PC or not, but I'll rather have 3 true friends show up for my funeral than 500 people who really did not care, but feels obliged to wave the flag because the alternative is considered bad.

Let the players that feels like honoring (as in, the ones who knew him?) do it, but stop imposing your morals and norms on other people. You'll get either pissy or shallow people.
Old 12-03-2007   #19
Hook'er
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Honestly I am NOT a great fan of mandatory honoring. It takes the symbolism and meaning out of it. I don't care whether it's PC or not, but I'll rather have 3 true friends show up for my funeral than 500 people who really did not care, but feels obliged to wave the flag because the alternative is considered bad.

Let the players that feels like honoring (as in, the ones who knew him?) do it, but stop imposing your morals and norms on other people. You'll get either pissy or shallow people.
That's very true Malloy!
Old 12-03-2007   #20
Hook'er
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Thats good and great and all but your satrting of this thread sounds more like a gripe fest. You say your not damning the Texans but you did type it in bold and in Red so if you are not damning them what exactly are you doing? We can not read emotions behind a computer screen and with typing words. We can only deduce what the temperment is of the typist but who they type those words. By using the red and the bold it looks like you are damning the Texans.

If you do not know the guy and have never met him would you put a decal on your helmet if you were not a Redskin? I have to much respect for people to do something that is fake and disingenuous? So the players that played at U M can put stickers on their helmets and the Redskins can to so then it adds more weight to it and makes it a true sincere statement versus some crap the NFL told players they had to do.
Like I said before, I'm not damning the Texans. I'm here till the end, I was just wondering why our Texans were the only team to not have the stickers?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read