Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Buccaneers

Hi Texans fans, I hope our teams can give us one heck of a game next week. How bad is Shaub's injury? I don't know much about your team but I wouldn't mind learning about the talent level on the Texans roster. I'm not sure about the rules here so will someone tell me the rules on posting the link of a fan board from an upcoming opponent?

I'm sure you can post the link to a rival message board.

As for Schaub, he probably won't play against y'all and I would expect that we'll lose to the Bucs.

How's Gaines Adams doing? Has he done anything this year at all?

We are racked by injuries to key players. Schaub is out with a dislocated shoulder, doubtful he will return for your game.. and likely he wont play again this year.

As for talent level.. our defense has talent but not coaching. We arent bad on defense but we arent good either. We have bursts of greatness and long stretches of mediocrity interspersed with mistakes.

On offense we are pretty good with our elite set of WRs and star TE Owen Daniels. Sage Rosenfels has played really well for us so I dont expect the loss of Schaub to be a game breaking thing. Doesnt help us..but we still have plenty of fight left.

Ahman Green is probably not going to be playing.. so at RB we will be starting Ron Dayne again. He has been good the last couple of games.. and he CAN help us to win a game.. but only if we get a lead on you. Dayne isnt gonna win us the game by scoring points.

All in all.. we are fairly mediocre.. injuries may have actually caused us to slip below mediocre to sub-par.

I dont EXPECT a loss..but I dont expect a win either.. I think it could go either way, depending on whether or not my Texans really want to finish at or above .500.

I'm interested to see your defense, hear you guys got a good safety. Our defense is young and talented, but inconsistent...injuries have killed this team. Schaub won't play against you guys, and has a shot at coming back against the Jags, but I doubt he will. Rosenfels (backup) has played decent, and it should be a fun game to watch. However, since I live in Austin, I doubt I'll get the game unless they change the Cowboys to a different time.

I'm sure you can post the link to a rival message board.

As for Schaub, he probably won't play against y'all and I would expect that we'll lose to the Bucs.

How's Gaines Adams doing? Has he done anything this year at all?

He has 27 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 FF, & 2 PD.

In my opinion, this is the only game left in the season that I think we have a good shot at winning. I sincerely hope we show up to play.

Gaines went through a transformation of sorts. When Spires went down he was elevated to starter. The Bucs are 4-0 since he became the starter. As good as he is, he's not the Texans' biggest problem at defensive end. Greg White is a guy Gruden found in the AFL and he leads our team in sacks and forced fumbles. He has 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles in the last three games. When White and Gaines are on the ends, they are a matchup nightmare.

I write over at The Captains's Deck. We are a nice group of fans that love our Buccaneers. I hope some fans from your board will join us this week and we will return the favor. Maybe we can help each other with some preview articles leading up to the game.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/

I hope that I can post this link. I'll take it back out if there's a problem.

Phillips and Jackson (Rookie) have each played VERY well this season, I think the play of Ruud and P-Buc plays a role in how the Safeties play....
Jermaine Phillips really came into his own this year, and if this rookie season for Jackson is just a preview of what is to come, our Safeties could be set for years.
Hope to see y'all make it by http://thecaptainsdeck.net

Phillips and Jackson (Rookie) have each played VERY well this season, I think the play of Ruud and P-Buc plays a role in how the Safeties play....
Jermaine Phillips really came into his own this year, and if this rookie season for Jackson is just a preview of what is to come, our Safeties could be set for years.
Hope to see y'all make it by http://thecaptainsdeck.net

Hows P-Burnt looking so far?

I heard both Safeties were having good years, and P-Buc will get burned this weekend. Ruud seems to be developing into a good football player, but hopefully he'll be off this week.

I like Gruden & Tampa Bay, but after our devastating loses I'm ready for the offseason its just too painful :gun:

In my opinion, this is the only game left in the season that I think we have a good shot at winning. I sincerely hope we show up to play.

I think we have a shot against the 5-7 Broncos and I don't care how good the Jags are, I think we beat them as well.

P-Buc has played really well for the Bucs this season. I think it's because of the 2 deep zone covrage that's run in Tampa. It could also be because of our pass rush. Whatever it is, he has performed well for our team. I'll admit that there have been a couple times this season where he has been beaten, but that doesn't happen very often. I know he wasn't very good for the Texans, but he's fitting in just fine with the Buccaneers.

Hi Texans fans, I hope our teams can give us one heck of a game next week. How bad is Shaub's injury? I don't know much about your team but I wouldn't mind learning about the talent level on the Texans roster. I'm not sure about the rules here so will someone tell me the rules on posting the link of a fan board from an upcoming opponent?

Not much to tell. Your team will be playing mostly our 2nd/3rd stringers because most of our 1st team is on IR or just out with injuries. We'll see if there's much fight :wild: left in the dog. I'm hoping they make a game of it.

Not much to tell. Your team will be playing mostly our 2nd/3rd stringers because most of our 1st team is on IR or just out with injuries. We'll see if there's much fight :wild: left in the dog. I'm hoping they make a game of it.

You guys will be playing our 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. I know the Texans have more IR players, but the Bucs are really close behind. After today you guys have 16, right? Well we have 12, but I think our overall depth coming into the season was probably better than the Texans.

The key, as usual, will be turnovers.... and we are the worst at that. If they stop putting the ball on the ground maybe we can win another game.

Anyways, good job beating the Saints last week, even though Reggie gave you guys an early Christmas present there late in the game. You understand why we passed on him now, don't you? In the meantime, Mario got 2.5 sacks against the Tacks.

I think we have a shot against the 5-7 Broncos and I don't care how good the Jags are, I think we beat them as well.

The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.

The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.

And we're 6-6 if Kerry Collins didn't have a Bret Favre personality crisis (or if Drob was 2 inches taller...). Close games happen, its the NFL, generally the better team wins out, and thats probably what happended in both of those examples.

The Broncos' first 3 wins were on last second FGs. A win is a win regardless of how many points it is by.

Hey Bucs fans, I posted this in another thread (unrelated), but it should tell you all you need to know about the Texans:

LB Jon Abbate IR
DB Roc Alexander IR
LB Shawn Barber IR
T Kevin Barry IR
SS Glenn Earl IR
DB Brandon Harrison IR
DB Jason Horton IR
C Scott Jackson IR
DT Cedric Killings IR
WR Jerome Mathis IR
C Steve McKinney IR
CB Dunta Robinson IR
DB Jason Simmons IR
RB Chris Taylor IR

Add #15 and #16 to the IR - Weary and White

RB Ahman Green Knee OUT - (probably should be put on IR)
T Charles Spencer PUP - (probably should be put on IR)
QB Matt Schaub OUT indefinitely
(Thats, #17, #18 and possibly #19)

I'd say we are on pace to surpass last years IR list. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we wound up with 17 last year...

Maybe we should take a look at our strenght and conditioning coach :bat:

What is the record for most players on IR in NFL history? We may just have it after this season.

You guys will be playing our 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. I know the Texans have more IR players, but the Bucs are really close behind. After today you guys have 16, right? Well we have 12, but I think our overall depth coming into the season was probably better than the Texans.

That my friend, is an understatement! We don't have much depth at all right now, thanks to Casserly and all those injuries. It's probably going to be at least another year or two before we field a winning team that has quality depth. JMHO!

That my friend, is an understatement! We don't have much depth at all right now, thanks to Casserly and all those injuries. It's probably going to be at least another year or two before we field a winning team that has quality depth. JMHO!

I perfectly understand. What people don't understand about losing teams is that they have to invest so much in top15 draft picks that it hurts a franchise's ability to build quality depth. There's less money for meaningful free agents and by the time your draft picks come into their own, it's time to resign them to even larger contracts.

Something the Bucs did that I liked was, they kept most of their late round draft picks and practice squad players over the past few years and got rid of huge contracts. They then invested in a few quality veterans at cheap prices. So they now have a nice young team that understands the offensive and defensive systems with a few veterans included. They are now built for success over the next 3-4 years.

the Bucs are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. they've completed dominated teams in time of possession the last month or so, because the offense is a machine and the defense is putting tons of pressure on everyone. they're not scoring as much as they should, but they'll get better and better as the season moves along. it's amazing to see how well this team looks with as many injuries as they have.

we're seeing Gruden's offense for the first time since his days in Oakland. he's had to hold it back since then because of the awful o-line play the team has had for 5 years. now, it's game on. the o-line is one of the best in the entire league right now. and they're real young, too. it's scary to think the potential they have with everyone healthy.

Tanard Jackson is the easy defensive ROTY for me. Gaines Adams went from looking completely lost for the first quarter of the season to really stepping up and dominating in the run game and getting better each week in the passing game. Barrett Ruud is a pro bowler. the entire secondary is as good as any in the league.

Jeff Garcia is an MVP candidate, but even with him out the Bucs machine worked efficiently against the Saints. i imagine it would've been a much bigger victory had Garcia played.

the Bucs are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. they've completed dominated teams in time of possession the last month or so, because the offense is a machine and the defense is putting tons of pressure on everyone. they're not scoring as much as they should, but they'll get better and better as the season moves along. it's amazing to see how well this team looks with as many injuries as they have.

we're seeing Gruden's offense for the first time since his days in Oakland. he's had to hold it back since then because of the awful o-line play the team has had for 5 years. now, it's game on. the o-line is one of the best in the entire league right now. and they're real young, too. it's scary to think the potential they have with everyone healthy.

Tanard Jackson is the easy defensive ROTY for me. Gaines Adams went from looking completely lost for the first quarter of the season to really stepping up and dominating in the run game and getting better each week in the passing game. Barrett Ruud is a pro bowler. the entire secondary is as good as any in the league.

Jeff Garcia is an MVP candidate, but even with him out the Bucs machine worked efficiently against the Saints. i imagine it would've been a much bigger victory had Garcia played.

I don't know about all of that. Those are some high expectations.

hey everyone...I am also a buccaneer from thecaptainsdeck.net...just wanted to say hi. :pirate:

the Bucs are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. they've completed dominated teams in time of possession the last month or so...
Yeah, but who have they played in the past month or so? The Bucs can't keep the Cowboys from scoring or score on them. They'll be a deserved double digit underdog against Dallas in the playoffs.

And while I expect the Bucs to win on Sunday, it should be a close, low scoring game. The Texans are 5-3 outside the division, and +5 in point differential at home. No cakewalk here for Tampa.

Yeah, but who have they played in the past month or so? The Bucs can't keep the Cowboys from scoring or score on them. They'll be a deserved double digit underdog against Dallas in the playoffs.

And while I expect the Bucs to win on Sunday, it should be a close, low scoring game. The Texans are 5-3 outside the division, and +5 in point differential at home. No cakewalk here for Tampa.

as we approached the final leg of our season and staying atop our division, we were most concerned with yall and the Saints......never underestimated the Texans.....

I agree...We never looked beyond the Texans, because Andre Johnson makes this team work. When you have a player that has that much of an impact on your team, you can compete with any team.

It'll be a close game until the 3rd Qtr., which TB will win 17-0. We haven't even scored a field goal in the third Qtr. in like 7 wks. or something.

Thanks to those who have and are going to join. We have members that are registering over here and should be with us as soon as their accounts are activated.

It's always fun to get two boards discussing their upcoming matchup. It gives both sets of fans an outside perspective of their team.

you're underestimating the Bucs defense.

and i certainly never said the Bucs will win easily. they really haven't won easily at all this year, aside from the Falcons game. like i said, they look great on paper but still haven't completely rounded the corner as far as putting a game away goes. i think that'll come very soon though.

we have worked our asses off for every single first down let alone win.....the falcons game was an acception for sure......

I was talking to one of our Eagle fans on deck today and he, who tears us up all year long, agreed that we're getting it done with a bunch of "no-names", "cast-offs", or "dinosaurs".......I see someone posted yall's IR list...ours is pretty horrible too!

NFC Super Bowl representative, I love the optimism especially from a Dolphins fan...
Not so sure about that, although I think we can give any team a fight with Garcia at the helm, McCown will be exposed IMO if he continues to play even though he played so well last week. There is little tape on the guy and difficult to prepare for I am sure, but now there is a whole game on him recently...

Thanks for registering on deck, hopefully everyone can begin chiming in here as well!

One sign of a good team is to win games you should have lost.The Saints should have won last Sunday,but thanks to Sean Peyton and Reggie Bush,the Bucs got a chance to slam the door!:pirate:

Not only has a previous poster underestimated the Bucs D but the nation wide media circus as well.

Remember it was our defense the one and only "Tampa 2" in 1999-2000 that showed the NFL how to beat the "Greatest Show on Turf". Compared to that team, these new Cowboys are wannabee's.

We have the pieces in place to beat the 'Boys, we only need consistant pass rush to do it and that's saying something about the so-called "feared" or "dominate" Dallas offense.

Bucs D > Dallas' O

The Bucs normally rush four and don't blitz very often, is that true?

That has been the style that Monte Kiffin and his Tampa 2 scheme has used for years but this year we've been blitzing alot because our D-Line didn't show up until recently. (Thankfully)

We can do both very well, which makes us even more dangerous. If the Bucs offense can post a 10-14 point lead by halftime or third quarter, the defense we have this season is unbeatable as long as the offense can get some late game 1st downs. We can't rely on our defense to stop every drive in the second half without getting some help from our offense. No team can.

We used to be able to rely on our defense back in the day like that but times have changed. We don't have numerous HOF type guys like Sapp, Rice, Quarles and Lynch anymore to go along with Barber and Brooks.

Hows P-Burnt looking so far?

As Crunk mentioned, P-Buc has played very well for us. His play has allowed Brian Kelly to fill in at the Nickel and nurse his injury back. Even last week when P-Buc was beat, it was not a positional thing. He was where he needed to be and in general, played solid in all of his coverages. His Special teams work is too much dance, not enough run, but that gets rectified quickly when it starts.

Looking very forward to this game folks. We have had a lot of Gaines 'haters' and many of us pointed to Mario of an example of the fact that it takes time normally for D Lineman to hit their stride. He has been coming on strong and was a key contributor to what was called earlier the "Reggie Bush Gift". Error is still on Reggie, but that hard upfield rush busted that play.

Loooking forward to a good game. We will be discussing it tonight on "What the Buc? if you folks care to tune in (it will be inthe second hour as we do our preview).

Personally, I've been saying that PBuc isn't a bad player as some Houston fans chose to remember him (obviously he didn't play very well for us). But I still think a big receiver can be a difficult match up for him. I'm hoping that A.J. will have a big day for us.

How is Tanard Jackson doing? He's definitely very athletic, but has he been able to make all the reads correctly?

Back