Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-02-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default College Football is SUCH a farce

Let's just all sit around a TV and see if we're going to the Championship game! I feel like I'm watching a game show.

I can't support this joke of a "sport" anymore. Championships should be decided on the field not by the media. What a waste of what could be not only a legitimate sport but one of the best sporting events in America.

I'll be finding something else to do on Saturdays.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football is SUCH a farce

bye.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
bye.
See ya.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He thinks he's the king of the 1 word, semi-insult posts.

I think he wants applause or rep or something...?

Personally, the "gameshow" thing gets on my nerves too. The bowl system is good, but something has to be done about the national champtionship...
Old 12-02-2007   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
He thinks he's the king of the 1 word, semi-insult posts.

I think he wants applause or rep or something...?

Personally, the "gameshow" thing gets on my nerves too. The bowl system is good, but something has to be done about the national champtionship...
I agree, I'd rather hear about a show about the 1st round bowl matchups, key players on both teams matching up. and so on .. not what was seen today(I ended up turning it off anyway after the 1st 5 minutes) .
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

if ya want to stop following college football after one of the most exciting seasons ever, that's pretty hysterical.
Old 12-02-2007   #7
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

well it was exciting until we remembered there's no playoff system to finish it off properly

now we're just left unsatisfied
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

not me. and anyone else who enjoys college football.
Old 12-02-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its just the NFL farm system anyway
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #10
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
well it was exciting until we remembered there's no playoff system to finish it off properly

now we're just left unsatisfied
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
that about sums it up.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I thought the Miami Dolphins were an NFL farm system.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #12
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I thought the Miami Dolphins were an NFL farm system.

Dont you usually stock farms with future talent?

I think that would disqualify them.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if ya want to stop following college football after one of the most exciting seasons ever, that's pretty hysterical.
What's hysterical is that after all the excitement, they stick to the 1950s and keep letting people or devices other than football games decide a championship. That's why I prefer NCAA basketball - at least that champion IMO is undisputed. I'm sick of watching a team or two or three get screwed over because a bunch of old foggies refuse to implement a playoff system. Ohio St. got rewarded for not having a Big Ten playoff (maybe they would have won, but they did lose to Illinois in their own house so it's no lock) while Oklahoma, in a (much) tougher conference, beats the snot out of #1 Missouri and doesn't get a sniff? LSU over the Hokies? Oh yeah, no conference championship there so VA Tech gets screwed the same way OSU gets rewarded.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad this season has ended like this because hopefully it will keep getting closer to a playoff. The system is a joke right now. Basically Georgia was #4 and dropped because they didn't even win their SEC division. Missouri gets shut out of a BCS game even though they had to play a conference championship game and Kansas got to sit, despite losing to Missouri...they go to one though. None of it makes any sense at all. Exciting regular season but you can do an easy 8 team playoff and not have any troubles. Heck, you could still have bowls and just make the bowls represent playoff rounds and then rotate it and it would work. Therea re just certain people who like their money and who will always try to keep the idea of a legit championship down.
Old 12-03-2007   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Oh yeah, no conference championship there so VA Tech gets screwed the same way OSU gets rewarded.
Except VT beat Boston College in the Conference Championship game yesterday.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #16
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Except VT beat Boston College in the Conference Championship game yesterday.
my bad...as soon as I posted I forgot bout that and meant to change it.

i suck

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
not me. and anyone else who enjoys college football.
Yes one of the most exciting years ever blah blah blah and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong because everyone should agree with me blah blah blah.

Kas, you can post some really good things and then post something that says you have this huge ego and you think you are always right and everyone around you is wrong, unless they agree with you. I think Hookem is more done with the system not the actual games, but then again that would have actually taken effort to think what a true fan was feeling at the time of the post.

Honestly, it is a popularity contest or a you scratch my back I will scratch your back. I have seen where certain writers will not vote for any other school except ACC SEC or Big 10 or Big 12 or Pac-10 just because of where they cover. Coaches will do the same thing, they will vote for a member of their conferance before they will vote for someone from outside your conferance. If things like this happen how can you honestly say we are going to have a true national championship.

#6 beat #11 and #7 beat #14 yet #7 jumps over number #6 is a total joke.

Hawaii is another story, they play who they can, but no top scool wants to travel to hawaii so they lose out on a lot of big time schools because they refuse to just keep giving school the oppertunity to earn money off of them with nothing in return.
Old 12-03-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

*shrug* i like this season... entertaining.. edge-of-your-seat...
Old 12-03-2007   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
my bad...as soon as I posted I forgot bout that and meant to change it.

i suck

On top of that, Va Tech lost to LSU by 41 points.

If everybody wants to clamor for a playoff, then head to head matchups during the season should be honored.

LSU & Va Tech each have 2 losses, but LSU beat them. LSU should be ranked higher.

OU & Mizzou each have 2 losses, but OU beat Mizzou both times. OU should be ranked higher.

USC & Arizona St each have 2 losses, but USC beat ASU. USC should be ranked higher.

etc.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Another good article.

College football's madness arrived late Saturday night when the absurd BCS "system" forced coaches to campaign for their teams like they were trying to win the Iowa caucus.

Nobody is playing better than OU, Georgia or USC right now. But it's Ohio State, with its puppy fur-soft nonconference schedule and so-so Big Ten quality, that was chosen for New Orleans. Interesting, since the Buckeyes didn't register a win against a top 20 team at the time they played.

This isn't meant as a total rip job on the Buckeyes and Tigers. They finished atop the BCS standings because they won and lost at the "right" times against the "right" teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...t&lid=tab1pos1

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read