Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-02-2007   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LSU vs. Ohio State

National Championship.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LSU vs. Ohio State

was a shocker, everyone wanted to see that at the beginning of the year
now they get it
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: LSU vs. Ohio State

Don't hate the player, hate the game

(despite benefitting from the system, everyone knows I favor a playoff)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the BCS folks are ecstatic. ah, another success for the BCS.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the BCS folks are ecstatic. ah, another success for the BCS.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-02-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

good lord so what you're saying is that this business is concerned with making money?!?!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
good lord so what you're saying is that this business is concerned with making money?!?!
I personally think they could make more money with a playoff system if I knew something was at stake

what game really matters now? just the BCS championship game is it, all others really don't mean much. there is only one "Real" trophy

well for me, I'll probably watch UT and A&M and that is it.

but some live for College football, I usually try to follow just the teams i like

Last edited by Wolf; 12-02-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I personally thing they could make more money with a playoff system if I new some thing was at stake

what game really matters now? just the BCS championship game is it, all others really don't mean much. there is only one "Real" trophy

but some live for College football, I usually try to follow just the teams i like
I'm gonna watch as many games as I can.

It's still great football.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I personally thing they could make more money with a playoff system if I new some thing was at stake

I'll be honest, the system has ruined once meaningful bowls to me, as a fan. If we're not playing in the title game, it's kinda' like, ehhh.... Yay.

Even when we finish the season strong we usually don't get to go to the Rose Bowl, which used to be our goal every year.

And now, even the prospect of going to the Rose Bowl was a let down with hopes of the title game.

Even when you do make it to a good bowl, the other team is usually based on.....a "BCS at large bid?" huh?

Since the old bowls don't mean what they used to anyway, let's reassimilate them into a playoff system.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-02-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm gonna watch as many games as I can.

It's still great football.
It is fun to watch, it really is fun seeing the kids play(they got more energy then some of the NFL players I have seen)
Old 12-02-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about a playoff system where every match is a Bowl?

Old 12-02-2007   #12
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I'm a little surprised by the Ohio State selection. They haven't really beaten anyone this season, and lost to Illinois. Not to mention that they haven't played a game in two weeks.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I'm a little surprised by the Ohio State selection. They haven't really beaten anyone this season, and lost to Illinois. Not to mention that they haven't played a game in two weeks.
So? The Big Ten accelerates it's schedule and skips having a bye week.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-03-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Can't wait for another SEC stomping of Ohio State. If they had trouble against the speed of Illinois, what are they going to do against LSU? This is going to be over by half time.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. Illinois is 9-3 & finished in 3rd place in the Big Ten (had the same record as Michigan but lose head to head).

They are ranked #13 in the country.

I honestly do not like Ohio State, but they deserve to be in the title game, or at least deserve it more than the other teams.

The only selction I dont like is that Missouri beat Illinois & Kansas, but both those teams are going to the BCS and Mizzou is not.

I think it is fine to have Illinois in the Rose Bowl to keep the traditional matchup, but Mizzou should have definitely got the BCS bid over Kansas. Sorry YTF.
Old 12-03-2007   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
LOL. Illinois is 9-3 & finished in 3rd place in the Big Ten (had the same record as Michigan but lose head to head).

They are ranked #13 in the country.

I honestly do not like Ohio State, but they deserve to be in the title game, or at least deserve it more than the other teams.

The only selction I dont like is that Missouri beat Illinois & Kansas, but both those teams are going to the BCS and Mizzou is not.

I think it is fine to have Illinois in the Rose Bowl to keep the traditional matchup, but Mizzou should have definitely got the BCS bid over Kansas. Sorry YTF.

Why? We have only 1 loss. It wasn't a bad loss at that, and it was on neutral ground. Mizzu has 2 losses, granted to the best team in the nation, but 2 losses is 2 losses. Mizzu had a very poor showing last weekend as well. They in no way deserved to be there over KU. Also, how the heck does KU drop 3 spots when they don't play, and the top 2 teams lose? We should be, by that simple math, be at the least #3 in the nation.
Old 12-03-2007   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to what I heard on YESP this evening they, and only they, don't get points taken away for a soft schedule.

And I quote, "You can't blame Ohio State because the Big Ten isn't good this year." I've have never heard that said about any other team, in any other conference, on that network. Could be they have, I just haven't heard the sentiment from them before.

I think OSU is worthy, was just was a little surprised to hear it is all.
Showtime100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Yankee....

LSU = 41
OSU =17

SEC>Big 11
Old 12-04-2007   #19
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yup the southern boys fo the SEC are just better athletes and are to fast for ohio state... ohio state is gonna get killed again..
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Why? We have only 1 loss. It wasn't a bad loss at that, and it was on neutral ground. Mizzu has 2 losses, granted to the best team in the nation, but 2 losses is 2 losses. Mizzu had a very poor showing last weekend as well. They in no way deserved to be there over KU. Also, how the heck does KU drop 3 spots when they don't play, and the top 2 teams lose? We should be, by that simple math, be at the least #3 in the nation.
By that sentiment, I'm guessing you believe that Hawaii should have gotten into the Title Game before Ohio St & LSU because they have less losses?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read