Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2007   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default CAN Schaub take a hit?!

Schaub isn't a bad QB, but this is the second time this season I've seen the man time I've seen the man get hit and get removed from a game. David Carr wasn't the greatest QB, but he COULD take a hit. Schaub has taken some hits true, but it seems that it doesn't take much for a defense to remove him. Am I being too critical of the man or does he just need to toughen up a bit?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: CAN Schaub take a hit?!

It's starting to look like he's brittle. Gingerbread man...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, if it comes back that he broke his left arm or something then he's obviously not just a puss.

That being said, with this OL he's going to get hit a lot. It's not like he goes out every time he gets hit but he's obviously not as tough as Carr was.

Whatever happens, with the injury bug constantly biting our OL we had better invest draft picks and a lot of money on the FA for the damn OL once and for all.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #4
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

No.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I dunno, if it comes back that he broke his left arm or something then he's obviously not just a puss.

That being said, with this OL he's going to get hit a lot. It's not like he goes out every time he gets hit but he's obviously not as tough as Carr was.

Whatever happens, with the injury bug constantly biting our OL we had better invest draft picks and a lot of money on the FA for the damn OL once and for all.
This OL has played very good this year. They were #7 overall in giving up sacks. Yes, they are injured, but schaub hasn't been hit that much this year.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but how many hits has he taken?

I agree that he gets hurt a lot but it just takes one hit in the right spot to put someone out. Towards the end here Carr would go into the fetal position, I don't want Schaub doing that.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #7
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

You're right about one thing: For all of his faults (and let's face it, he had to many to be a starting QB for any team), Carr could take an ass whooping when a defense would bring him a full can of it.

Schaub has potential to be a good QB, but I am beginning to wonder if he has what it takes to be a full time starter. He is very brittle and lacks the mental strength in clutch situations. He is a good bandage, but I am not sure if he is the future of this football team.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

'cause Carr would fall just before the defense got to him, thus lessening the blow.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #9
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if Schaub is a wuss, but I can tell you that this team isn't going to move forward until it fixes the line problems on both sides of the ball.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

you just need one good hit to knock someone out. landing on your shoulder with a 280 lbs man on you will mess your arm up now matter how tough you are.
Old 12-02-2007   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
This OL has played very good this year. They were #7 overall in giving up sacks. Yes, they are injured, but schaub hasn't been hit that much this year.
A post I can agree with.

I'm off the Schaub wagon.

In today's NFL, you don't need 2-3 seasons to see if someone's going to make it.

Schaub needs perfect protection to get the ball away. He began the year showing that he could eek out of some pressure and get the ball away, and since the 2nd game of the season...he's been unable to do that.

I argues with people when they said Schaub was immobile. But they were right on the money--Schaub is sluggish getting away from the center, giving the dline an added advantage on the pass rush. Then, he's not showing the ability to sense the blindside pressure.

Even VY (as awful a QB as he is, IMO) was able to side-step the pressure and get the ball away.

Kubiak is probably regretting NOT putting his name in the hat for the A&M jobl. He probably would have been the better option for A&M.
Old 12-02-2007   #12
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
'cause Carr would fall just before the defense got to him, thus lessening the blow.
it wasnt until season 4 of ass whoopins that he started doing that. this isnt even 1 full season and he has been on the sideline a bunch.

can we get a refund on those 2 2nd rounders.

sage the starter , carr the back up, 2 second rounders, and $47 million richer would have been better than what we have got so far.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #13
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
A lot of times, yes. However, I've seen Carr get the crap knocked out of him plenty of times. Most of which he would just get up and keep going. Don't get me wrong, there isn't a time in which I've ever wanted Carr back...but I could only wish that Matt was as durable.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #14
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully with a better o-line, Schaub will take less blind hits.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
it wasnt until season 4 of ass whoopins that he started doing that. this isnt even 1 full season and he has been on the sideline a bunch.

sage the starter , carr the back up, 2 second rounders, and $47 million richer would have been better than what we have got so far.
Gotta agree.

This is beginning to look like another dark cloud over our team.

I suspect the boards will be smoldering, charred, and in ruins when this season is over. There will be no end to the debate about how to fix this team.
Old 12-02-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post

Why the hell would you even want Carr back on the team. He wasn't even listed as the backup in Carolina today. Not only that but we would have to hear people say he should be playing still. No thanks. i like Schaub. I don't think someone is soft when they are just getting things dislocated or broken. I think Carr knew how to take a hit...maybe laying down, but I'd still rather have Schaub. The first time I'm all for drafting O-line high and getting it right. I mean is Favre a wuss and he got knocked out the other game. Its more a matter of how you are hit and where you land. This debate almost makes the board unbearable at times. JMO..people mneed to be more even keel on this whole thing.
Old 12-02-2007   #17
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe he needs to drink more milk
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think of it this way:
Opposing defenses benefitted more with Carr in the game, so they put their effort into NOT hurting him when they gently lowered his instinctedly limp body to the turf.

Now defenses treat our QBs like a real QB, and they go head-hunting.
Old 12-02-2007   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub reminds me of Chris Chnandler. He is a good QB that cant stay healthy, thus all the teams save one, have done poorly.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub appears to be an injury prone QB, and when you put someone like that behind our line, it's a reciepe for disaster. I don't know. I started out this season hating the Schaub trade, and then changed my mind and became a Schaub supporter. I reserve the right to change my mind again, but I'm waiting to see how the season plays out.

8-8 is not going to happen this year. We are losers once again.

But I still say we are in better shape now than we were a year ago at this time. There has been improvement in this team. The fact that we were dangling the playoffs before our eyes at one point in time this season proves that.

Another off season of trades and draft picks, and we'll be a better team. Again. But this year it's really true.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read