Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We don't have good coaching (getting outcoached again)

I don't know if I am ready to break out the "Fire Kubes" soap bar yet, however consistently sucking in the 3rd QTR week in and week out is a sign of bad coaching. Teams are adjusting to us at halftime and we are not returing the favor. Just look at the 3rd QTR stats in most of our games.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We don't have good coaching (getting outcoached again)

There are a lot of telltale signs of bad coaching.

1. We play the same "scheme" against every opponent. We don't ever seem to gameplan to our opponent

2. If we run the ball in one game, the next week we give up on it early. Then the next week, we'll run the ball 30 times irrespective of the score or effectiveness

Its very frustrating
Old 12-02-2007   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't you dare.

Don't you question the coach.

According to 98% of the posters here, this is just your typical "growing pains" season. You need five years to evaluate, right?

Oh, wait. That's for quarterbacks. My bad.

How hard will it be for Rick Smith to fire Kubiak? IMO, Smith has been a good hire. Kubiak? Well, I'm doubting he's going to make it.

I guess this means I'm not a real fan anymore. Dang it.
Old 12-02-2007   #4
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I don't know if I am ready to break out the "Fire Kubes" soap bar yet, however consistently sucking in the 3rd QTR week in and week out is a sign of bad coaching. Teams are adjusting to us at halftime and we are not returing the favor. Just look at the 3rd QTR stats in most of our games.
gimme a break...it wasn't Kubiak that fumbled the punt or got called for holding on the fumble recovery.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #5
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I don't know about firing Kubiak just yet. We'll see how he does with a new set of assistant coaches (Sherman is going to A&M and I'm pretty sure that Richard Smith is a goner at the end of this season). If we look this bad next year, I think it would be an adequate time to pull the plug on the Kubiak project.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #6
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak too busy bending over for the opposing HC to make adjustments.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

In all my years of watching football I have yet to understand the concept behind dropping 9 into coverage. Rushing 3 people is understandable but only rushing 2 is just inviting quarterbacks to let their play develope.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Its hard to coach a team that is physically getting whipped at the point of attack.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Its hard to coach a team that is physically getting whipped at the point of attack.
Or when your punt returner fumbles it in your own territory.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #10
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't bad coaching that led to Boulware costing us a takeaway. Nor was it bad coaching that made Jacoby fumble a punt.

Not to mention Weary, White and Schaub all going down with injuries. This is not a game I'm going to put on Kubiak.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Or how about the fact that our linebackers, aside from DeMeco, can't tackle?

The team doesn't look very well coached but at this point you have to coach a perfect game for these players to win. They mess it up at every opportunity. The major mistakes made in this game were on the players 90%.
Old 12-02-2007   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Or when your punt returner fumbles it in your own territory.
I had a bad feeling having Jacoby back there in wet conditions with the game on the line . I guess that's why rookies have a hard time playing on good teams .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or how about the fact that our linebackers, aside from DeMeco, can't tackle?

The team doesn't look very well coached but at this point you have to coach a perfect game for these players to win. They mess it up at every opportunity. The major mistakes made in this game were on the players 90%.
I'm not making a judgement but some would day bad tackling is part of coaching. I'm not sure where I stand on the team. Rigth now I'm slipping to indifference again.
Old 12-02-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The major mistakes made in this game were on the players 90%.
I'm stunned. No, I am shocked to the core. Somebody help me, I'm thinking I'm having a heart attack.

Someone (besides me) is actually thinking that the players were the most responsible for losing this game??

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm not making a judgement but some would day bad tackling is part of coaching. I'm not sure where I stand on the team. Rigth now I'm slipping to indifference again.
That's the other 10%. Those mistakes and bad tackling can be coached but you can only coach so far.
Old 12-02-2007   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm not making a judgement but some would day bad tackling is part of coaching.
And I would make a judgement that those people are ignorant. I never have understood the mentality of those that want to shift the blame to coaches in order to make their favorite players look good.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #17
DeepSteelBlue
Rookie

What we have is a team of pansies...
DeepSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You can only teach someone to tackle, can't tackle for them.

You can only tell someone how to react in a situation, can't react for them.

Time the players took responsibility for their own actions. Coaches call play, players execute them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSteelBlue View Post
What we have is a team of pansies...
Clearly. With insightful comments like this, so rich in analyisis and perspective, Im shocked Rick Smith has not contacted you already for a consulting job.
Old 12-02-2007   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Since Sherman is going to be in the NCAA this time next year I say replace him with a lovable koala to see if it does a better job than he did. If it does than we'll know he TRULY SUCKED! Or course with the Texans' luck the Koala would do a kick-@ss job and become The Raiders head coach the following season.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read