Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2007   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans vs Titans: Game Day Thread

Texans need a win today.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Texans vs Titans: Game Day Thread

i won't be able to see it as i work today but i really hope we can pull this one through!
Old 12-02-2007   #3
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I would like to see at least one division win. Go out there and give em' hell guys!

On a slightly unrelated matter, I got a big Texans logo tattooed on my arm last night. I'm in it for life. I should have pictures before too long.

Sig by False Start on #69

Last edited by adam; 12-02-2007 at 08:57 AM.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This game will say everything about who and what the Texans are. If we are 6-6 at the end of the game, then we are truly moving forward. If we at 5-7, we are still watching the same old Texans.

Here's to a 6-6 record.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

here's hoping Haynesworth is still gimpy and sits this one out.
Old 12-02-2007   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I would like to see at least one division win. Go out there and give em' hell guys!

On a slightly unrelated matters, I got a big Texans logo tattooed on my arm last night. I'm in it for life. I should have pictures before too long.
Congrats Adam!! My TEXAN logo tatoo is now six years old, and I still love it!!!

I'm just hoping our TEXANS prove to me that nightmares DON'T come true!! I woke up in a cold sweat last night with the image of the quote "VY single handedly takes down the TEXANS" splashed all over the news, papers, peoples heads, plastered on car windows, signs in peoples yards, VY jerseys were everywhere, even on my DOG!! Man, I feel SICK right now and have a horrendous headache!! COME ON TEXANS!! Make us proud, and take away the pain of that horrendous loss last year!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

We're representing the Texans in Las Vegas today. We'll be wearing jerseys and yelling for our team at the ESPN Zone in NY NY.

Gawd I hope some titan fans are there if we win.

Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

GO TEXANS!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2007   #9
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Congrats Adam!! My TEXAN logo tatoo is now six years old, and I still love it!!!

I'm just hoping our TEXANS prove to me that nightmares DON'T come true!! I woke up in a cold sweat last night with the image of the quote "VY single handedly takes down the TEXANS" splashed all over the news, papers, peoples heads, plastered on car windows, signs in peoples yards, VY jerseys were everywhere, even on my DOG!! Man, I feel SICK right now and have a horrendous headache!! COME ON TEXANS!! Make us proud, and take away the pain of that horrendous loss last year!!
I don't think you'll have to worry about it, Young is a putz. I think that there is a better chance that he'll win the game for us than there is of him winning it for Tennessee.

Old 12-02-2007   #10
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I hope it's not spreading....I dreamed of being stuck in Austin, having to watch the Texans on NFL Network at a bar, and looking up at a 17-3 Titans score, where VY had 3 picks & only 90 yds, but we couldn't put together any offense and their defense was doing all the scoring.

Richard Smith - If you're listening... We'd really, REALLY like to see a pass rush today. Our secondary is second-rate, so lets chuck at the line & put 6-7 in the box all day and see what happens shall we?
Old 12-02-2007   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

On a slightly unrelated matter, I got a big Texans logo tattooed on my arm last night. I'm in it for life. I should have pictures before too long.

Thats killer man . I have an Astros tattoo . I was thinking of getting a Texans logo on my calf , thats the only place I have thats not tatted with doom and gloom . I dont think it would look right mixed in with skulls and dragons .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We do really need this W as others have stated. It should be a tough game. It all depends which Texans teams shows up today....Jekyl or Hyde.

I have also been considering a tattoo of the Texans logo, I do not have any so I am in no rush, but if I do ever get one that will be what it is.
Old 12-02-2007   #13
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 274 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose today I'm still happy with the direction of this team and here's why.

(1) We have a quarterback. Great QB play is required to win in this league and I think Schaub has that potential. Compare him with YKW and it's not even close. Look around the league at all the teams with issues at QB. We are set at one of the most important positions on a team and that is huge as this team goes forward.

(2) I think Kubiak is a very smart coach. Some may disagree but I really believe he understands what it takes to win in this league and I'm hopeful that he and Rick Smith stay with this team a long time.

(3) Look at this team compared to last year's. I wouldn't have given us a chance to win any game last year. This year, I give us a chance to win any game we're in. If we protect the ball, I think we can play with anyone. That's a huge improvement from last year. Coaching can only do so much to stop turnovers. It's the players on the field that have to address that issue.

prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #14
adam
Guero

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 View Post
Thats killer man . I have an Astros tattoo . I was thinking of getting a Texans logo on my calf , thats the only place I have thats not tatted with doom and gloom . I dont think it would look right mixed in with skulls and dragons .
Haha. With the way we play sometimes, I'd think it'd feel right at home.

Old 12-02-2007   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I think the first important thing for our team to do is score early, if we get up by 10+ points early they'll hit the panic button untill the first half ends, which will take pressure off of our defense.

I'd be happy with a defensive touchdown today too.
Old 12-02-2007   #16
SA Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Win or lose today I'm still happy with the direction of this team and here's why.

(1) We have a quarterback. Great QB play is required to win in this league and I think Schaub has that potential. Compare him with YKW and it's not even close. Look around the league at all the teams with issues at QB. We are set at one of the most important positions on a team and that is huge as this team goes forward.

(2) I think Kubiak is a very smart coach. Some may disagree but I really believe he understands what it takes to win in this league and I'm hopeful that he and Rick Smith stay with this team a long time.

(3) Look at this team compared to last year's. I wouldn't have given us a chance to win any game last year. This year, I give us a chance to win any game we're in. If we protect the ball, I think we can play with anyone. That's a huge improvement from last year. Coaching can only do so much to stop turnovers. It's the players on the field that have to address that issue.

I agree. No matter what happens today, we can see there is hope for the future.

SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #17
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49424 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha. With the way we play sometimes, I'd think it'd feel right at home.

Good one man .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #18
adam
Guero

Let's get a wager going. How many INTs for Young today? My money's on 2.

Old 12-02-2007   #19
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Meh, 1 by Travis Johnson, thats it.
Old 12-02-2007   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post

Damn good post. A rep coming your way.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read