Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2004   #81
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Well considering they are trying to move to the zone blocking scheme and from what Ive learned/heard relies on quickness, it would only make sense (to me) for the most athletic tackle to be manning the LT spot, especially with Wade on the right side so Wand can get some help (as Vinny suggested). I think it can be compared well to the Robinson-Coleman switch, Wand will take his lumps (as will Carr) but in the end if the plan works out, we should be upgrading both LT and LG with Pitts switching over where he should be more dominant from all reports so far.

Im personally excited about some 2 TE sets with Bruener/Miller and Joppru/Miller on the sides. And of course Bruener|Wand|Pitts|McKinney|Wiegert|Wade|Joppru should blow holes open for Davis even bigger than that toilet seat that sits atop Cowboy Stadium. (Im not sure I can call it "Texas Stadium" anymore, after all as far as Im concerned Houston IS Texas's team.)
ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #82
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Re: Campbell's record setting year - http://www.profootballhof.com/index....cont_id=187002

Looks like he missed Week 4 and had few carries in Week 3. Must have been dinged up.

I recall being in the stands (Temporary Pavilion) for three of those 200 yard games.

But then after the disappointing playoff loss at the Raiders, the New Years Massacre was forever etched on my mind. I was filling up my '78 camaro with gas near Almeda Mall when I heard on the radio that Bum was fired. It was colder than hell outside and I was headed to Victoria that evening for a week-long job at the now defunct (I presume) Victoria Machine Works. Funny how you remember things...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004   #83
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Domanick Davis has a lot of talent I can't beleive he feel to round#4 but i don't think he will 2,000 yards.
Old 05-24-2004   #84
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Re: Campbell's record setting year - http://www.profootballhof.com/index....cont_id=187002

Looks like he missed Week 4 and had few carries in Week 3. Must have been dinged up.
Over the 1st 5 games of the season, Campbell totaled only 224 yards. Over the last 11 games, Earl gained 1710 yards. That's a freakin' 155.4 yards/game. He had 30+ carries in 6 games. That is truly dominant.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004   #85
OzTexan
Rookie

for the amount of carries you need to get 2000 yds its not worth it!!!
it recks your carrer!! a RB should only get 300 carries a year if you want him to stay healthy and have a long carrer but teams dont have this luxury givin the short amount of talent at the position.
OzTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read