Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2004   #1
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Arrow GAME DAY: Packers at Texans

Hey guys,
I'm just trying to motivate everyone.... .....I won't be at the game but i will have my Carr jersey on vegging in front of my HDTV with the home theatre system cranked up and ready to go....Thats my sunday ritual...I'm not sure about everyone else but iam very nervous about this game...I need to stop reading the headlines on the net because our last two games seems to be their motivation to discredit us....I thought CBS.COM was the worst when they talked about our game plan against the Packers and reminding us how awful we played against the colts....Seems they think the Packers are really going to shred us apart....I think i'm not so much scared about losing as iam scared of us losing by a landslide again and this time on national TV....I pray our guys are ready and pumped up and i think the national tv thing is just what they needed....So heres to our loved TEXANS, YOU GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #2
texansfan88
All Pro

well......u didnt get me pumped..but good effort. And remember, on defense, they dont block people, they tackle
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #3
Txnpride
Veteran

If our O-line,and our defense cant get up for a "primetime game"....Then Houston, we do have a problem.No excuses tonight.....our team need to come out firing,and the fans need to be in theyr seats at introduction blowing the roof off.
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #4
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
.. in front of my HDTV with the home theatre system cranked up ..
Thank goodness for HDTV Big Screens.. you are front row center ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #5
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Hey it is definately the next best thing to being there!!!! GOOOO BABY, GOOOOO BABY!!!!!!

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 11-21-2004 at 10:20 AM.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amped up about this game!!!!!!!

There is a definite lack of interest in the AFC South out here and the Texans in general so needless to say, they are never on TV. I am going to love this one.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll go ahead and make this the game thread.

NFL Game Center
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2004   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

This says it best about today's game. This is a game which we must at least play well. If we can not get up for this game, as one of the players said, then I think management is going to have to consider some big time changes. The last I saw I believe Wade will be playing along with Wiegert on the right side. Hopefully that will shore that side of the line up. I personally really wonder what we might do differently in this game that will make a difference. Desire could certainly be a big factor, but given the last two performances you wonder what kind of confidence is left. When you are snake bitten, it seems like it gets worse no matter what you do. I guess the other unkown is how healed is Carr. Is he mobile enough to move around and can he occassionaly run the ball when he has to will be a big factor in this game. When he lacks mobility we get hurt. In effect Carr becomes the running game threat we don't have even though it is seldom used. The defense has to repect the threat of Carr running. As a result Carr has been a very big factor in the O-line performance. From everything I have read and seen the success of the O-line is predicated on a mobile Carr. Lets hope he has Lamberginni legs on him today.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

should be a good game.
We have too get some kind of running game and play keep away from Favre. And please lets get some kind of presure on him (Favre)
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #10
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully get a pick or two early and send Favre into panic mode. He is a great QB but when he tries to force things it always seems to go bad for him.
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #11
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Having a flashback right now. In this same living room, couple of years ago, same time of night, the wait was finally over. I cracked open a cold beer and toasted the arrival of my Texans. I also braced myself what would surely be a blowout of my team by the hated Cowgirls.

About 30 minutes into the game, I realized I wasn't sitting down anymore. I was jumping around, yelling, having fun...and watching the upset that would give us all hope! It was one of the best sports memories I have, and it all happened when the expectations for the Texans were right about where they are for tonight.

Come on boys. Let's shock the nation again.

TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #12
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for Andre Johnson to establish himself as one of the leagues best receivers
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Nice opening skit...

Nice stop by Eric Brown on special teams...

Bad start by the run defense...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #14
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin covering Walker? We'll lose that battle every time
Old 11-21-2004   #15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeez Fisher got a good 4 yards on the extra effort...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #16
Dime
Hall of Fame

Nah... Babin was there with 3 others too... Favre threaded the needle.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #17
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Damn Theisman, his name is BABIN not BIBIN
Old 11-21-2004   #18
MrLizardTX
Veteran

Jason BIB-in?
MrLizardTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #19
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Damn Theisman, his name is BABIN not BIBIN
I know...

this opening drive is very, very long...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #20
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

God dang, somebody cover Walker...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read