Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-05-2007   #161
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Personally, when Bud buys the farm, I hope the team stays in Nashville. In fact, when Bud buys the farm, I beat he will be looking up at his team cheering them on the best he can.
makes sense that place'd be buried under there...
Old 12-05-2007   #162
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

If anyone is really bored, check out the last couple of pages of comments on the blog post.

I love unintentional humor. Really it is my favorite kind.

And I thought that the Jacksonville Jaguars was the most whiny team of all time. I think that maybe their players/coach is more whiny, but as a fan base in general (excluding thems here that can take some clowning), the Titans fan base is pretty touchy.
Old 12-05-2007   #163
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post

"The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room."

Crowing about a second place finish is putting lipstick on a pig. (which I'm guessing is fairly common there). 2nd place is NOTHING like winning a championship. Maybe one day Nashville will get to know the difference.
And smack talking a team that historicaly you have only beaten twice in 12 meetings. Is like actually going through with making out with the pig. Talk to me again when your team is .500. And don't hold your breath about this season. I could see the Texans losing out. And I think some of the rest of you are starting to see that as well.

Maybe one day the Texans fan will understand why football is played in January?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #164
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
And I thought that the Jacksonville Jaguars was the most whiny team of all time. I think that maybe their players/coach is more whiny, but as a fan base in general (excluding thems here that can take some clowning), the Titans fan base is pretty touchy.
Jaguar fans make excuses. That is there MO. Moo fans talk big before every season then seem to just vanish about game 10.

Oh and BTW ... mentioning a team fan base letting there team move and getting all butt hurt about it just to pick up a perpetual losing franchise seems to be a little touchy of a subject around these parts.

Old 12-05-2007   #165
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
And smack talking a team that historicaly you have only beaten twice in 12 meetings. Is like actually going through with making out with the pig.
No way I'd make out with a Tennessee pig. I know where that mouth's been.

At some point Nashville fans will learn what Houston fans already know. The curse will ensure that this will ALWAYS be that franchise's greatest moment.

Houston's best days are yet to come.
Old 12-05-2007   #166
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh and BTW ... mentioning a team fan base letting there team move and getting all butt hurt about it just to pick up a perpetual losing franchise seems to be a little touchy of a subject around these parts.
It is double plus bad karma to gloat about stealing another team's franchise. Just because she left her husband to marry you, with that sort of character, how do you ever know she won't do you the same way?
Old 12-05-2007   #167
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How fitting is it that the Texans use the symbol of an animal that has been bred for slaughter for 1000'ands of years?
ouch. heh, I hate to say it...but my disenfranchised state-of-mind finds cynical humor a bit amusing. Good shot across the bow.

Quote:
when road kill gets to wear an AFC Championship ring ... that is not exactly accurate.
I guess being the no. 1 loser for a year is something to be proud of.
Old 12-05-2007   #168
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If anyone is really bored, check out the last couple of pages of comments on the blog post.

I love unintentional humor. Really it is my favorite kind.

I've noticed titan fans are more like a college teams fans than a pro franchise. I guess that comes with being such a tiny NFL city with not much else going on after football season.
Old 12-05-2007   #169
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I guess being the no. 1 loser for a year is something to be proud of.
When you put it that way no but most people would look at it as making the playoffs and going to the show. Huge plus for most teams adn there fans.

Who would not want to see there team play an extra 4 games a season if they are winning?

Old 12-05-2007   #170
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
It is double plus bad karma to gloat about stealing another team's franchise. Just because she left her husband to marry you, with that sort of character, how do you ever know she won't do you the same way?
It's not really gloating. I was just point to is as a soft point in your teams fan base.

Hey if she does in 11 years I would not be lamenting over the loss, probably just nailing her younger sister.

Old 12-05-2007   #171
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
when road kill gets to wear an AFC Championship ring ... that is not exactly accurate.
And I'm sure Buffalo is proud of its 4 AFC Championship rings too....
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #172
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
And I'm sure Buffalo is proud of its 4 AFC Championship rings too....
Dominating a confrence for 4 season is not really something to go "dang that is tough to swallow".

So you are honestly telling me you want the ring or nothing? Picked the right team. They seem to be giving you plenty of the latter.

Old 12-05-2007   #173
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's sad that your standards are that low....
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #174
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
It's sad that your standards are that low....
Coming from a Texans fan?

Old 12-05-2007   #175
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I was young and impressionable.... I'm just lucky I'm not gay after watching Kevin Dyson when I was younger
A little before your time, but people used to wonder about Ernest Givens....
Old 12-05-2007   #176
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dominating a confrence for 4 season is not really something to go "dang that is tough to swallow".

So you are honestly telling me you want the ring or nothing? Picked the right team. They seem to be giving you plenty of the latter.
Ask anyone of those Bills players including Thurman Thomas (which I did) and they will ALL tell you that could give a damn about the rats a$$ when it comes to an AFC championship ring...
Old 12-05-2007   #177
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It would be pathetic smack if I went to your board as a Texans fan and said something like "hey hillbillies, your team is a bunch of inbred flaming meatballs, neener neener." Which I did not and would not.

Because that is not nearly entertaining or interesting enough.
You mean like Silver Oak does?
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #178
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Coming from a Texans fan?
Dumb question. We have extremely high standards... Do you even take the time to read any of the other threads in any of the other forums?!?!

Hint: thats why people are so ticked off...
Old 12-05-2007   #179
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ask anyone of those Bills players including Thurman Thomas (which I did) and they will ALL tell you that could give a damn about the rats a$$ when it comes to an AFC championship ring...
Are/were you a fan of Thurman Bill?

I honestly believe that Thomas was one of the reasons the Bills played so badly in the SB's.

How many RB's can say that they choked in 4 SB's. IMO Thomas' SB performances should have kept him out of Canton. Levy deserved better out him.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #180
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Are/were you a fan of Thurman Bill?

I honestly believe that Thomas was one of the reasons the Bills played so badly in the SB's.

How many RB's can say that they choked in 4 SB's. IMO Thomas' SB performances should have kept him out of Canton. Levy deserved better out him.
Only insofar as him being a Houstonian from Willowridge HS, but my hate Buffalo (or any team not wearing a derrick on the side of their helmet) was pretty strong. It's just that I had a chance to meet him when the SB was here a couple of years ago...

And... It wasn't just Thomas that melted down in those Super Bowls... To choke four in a row takes a complete team effort.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read