Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-04-2007   #141
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychop1 View Post
Most of us Titan fans are fairly confident that the fan support, and flexibility of Nashville will be hard to ignore for whomever ends up with the team.
We felt the same way at one time.

Good luck to you, though! Just remember that the Adams family values the money more than any tradition or specific location. As soon as you present a hurdle, they'd rather take the next best offer than work with you.

Historical revisionists might try to tell you differently, but Houston's three shiny new sports stadiums reveal a completely different truth (and a fourth one for soccer on the way!). Bud would have gotten a new stadium given time. He'd rather play games to the highest bidder, though, than be a decent human being. I can't say that I miss the slug, and hope you folks fair better in the long run. Although the Los Angeles Titans does have a certain ring to it....
Old 12-04-2007   #142
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Good luck to you, though! Just remember that the Adams family values the money more than any tradition or specific location. As soon as you present a hurdle, they'd rather take the next best offer than work with you.

Historical revisionists might try to tell you differently, but Houston's three shiny new sports stadiums reveal a completely different truth (and a fourth one for soccer on the way!). Bud would have gotten a new stadium given time. He'd rather play games to the highest bidder, though, than be a decent human being. I can't say that I miss the slug, and hope you folks fair better in the long run. Although the Los Angeles Titans does have a certain ring to it....
There are no historical revisions to what you described above. That's the way it was and is... Period!
Old 12-04-2007   #143
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he leaves then he leaves, it's his team. He will be gone soon enough, though so maybe his sons will be a little more realistic.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #144
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
If he leaves then he leaves, it's his team. He will be gone soon enough, though so maybe his sons will be a little more realistic.
True.. true, but you know what they say about the apple falling far from the tree....
Old 12-04-2007   #145
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately true.... we'll see what happens.
Old 12-04-2007   #146
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Unfortunately true.... we'll see what happens.
I could tell you what I wish would happen - but that'd probably be in bad form...
Old 12-04-2007   #147
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The funny thing is that the hugest crybabies of both the known and unknown universe are the Titans fans that responded to the blog post/video regarding the origins of the Titans.

Really, people were having absolute fits about it. Really defensive. Some defended it, and some said yeah the name and logo sucks but scorebored.

Sunday's game was just a game. One of many to come. But the Titans name and logo is likely going to stay what it is for awhile. At least whilst Bud decides to keep his team in Tennessee.

And my fun little video has found its way to all sorts of MBs around the net, and will likely pop up Titans game day against all sorts of opponents as long as there are interwebs and fans like to clown other fans. And they will be able to witness how Titans fans like to speak whinese in the many comments within the blog post.

Check out what comes out as a first page Google hit:

"Tennessee Titans name"
"Tennessee Titans nickname"
"Tennessee Titans worst"
"Tennessee Titans awful"
"Tennessee Titans bud adams"
"Tennessee Titans gods"
"Tennessee Titans prometheus"
"Tennessee Titans flaming meatball"

And I am sure any number of "Tennessee Titans" web searches will show that video/blog entry as a first page Google page hit.

And you know why?

It's not just because FanHouse is the number 1 sports blog on the internet. And not just because I made sure I put the whole name "Tennessee Titans" in the headline. The real reason is that all of those whiny and weak defensive blog comments that Titan fans left, gave a ton of content about the Titans for the Google search mechanism.

So basically, Titan fans have punked themselves because of all their crying.

It's been said that history is written by the victors, but uh, the war isn't over, and that was said before the rise of the internets.

Congratulations for the win. Ultimately, whatever the final score in a Texans-Titans game, I always feel like a winner in it because in the end, I get to cheer for a Bud-free team. You have him as an owner long enough, and you'll understand.

Texans_Chick
Reigning Ultimate Texan Fan

I'm with BA on this and got a good laugh out of it but I do find the whining equally as pathetic as smack on a teams nickname and logo... that especially rings true when your team is on a 6 game losing streak.

Just saying...
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2007   #148
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, when Bud buys the farm, I hope the team stays in Nashville. In fact, when Bud buys the farm, I beat he will be looking up at his team cheering them on the best he can.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #149
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's the link:

The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sport

Hey, I have a legit question that I was wondering about. What happens to the Titans when Bud dies? I know in Buffalo there are a few questions about the Bills franchise about when Ralph Wilson kicks it. There's some noise about the franchise moving to Toronto.

What things does Tennessee have in place to try to prevent the Titans from ever moving? I don't know the answer to this.
When they moved here it almost seemed like Nashville was on the fence. It was a struggle reaching an agreement on the finances of the stadium and all that good stuff. Nashville was really against raising taxes (and still is if you have heard anything regarding the Sounds' new stadium). I really don't know if Nashville would go out of its way to try and please whoever takes over the team.
Old 12-04-2007   #150
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I'm with BA on this and got a good laugh out of it but I do find the whining equally as pathetic as smack on a teams nickname and logo... that especially rings true when your team is on a 6 game losing streak.

Just saying...
I wish it was only a six game losing streak... I think you meant six years, but WTH!!?!?

Of course your organization can speak from the heart when it talks about being pathetic. That organization knows plenty about losing.. What have they done in 46/47 years again??

Anyway, this article from Steph has grown legs. I'v read other teams boards where I errrrrr someone posted a link to it. Suffice to say, people are having a good laugh - which was the intent.
Old 12-04-2007   #151
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Personally, when Bud buys the farm, I hope the team stays in Nashville. In fact, when Bud buys the farm, I beat he will be looking up at his team cheering them on the best he can.
I like it
Old 12-04-2007   #152
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I wish it was only a six game losing streak... I think you meant six years, but WTH!!?!?

Of course your organization can speak from the heart when it talks about being pathetic. That organization knows plenty about losing.. What have they done in 46/47 years again??

Anyway, this article from Steph has grown legs. I'v read other teams boards where I errrrrr someone posted a link to it. Suffice to say, people are having a good laugh - which was the intent.
Is it six years?

Ha I'm only 19.... don't ask me about the Oilers pre-1997 (actually don't even ask me about '98, I was ten).

Don't get me wrong, I like the article and have shown some of my friends who also enjoyed it, it's just the timing of it all.
Old 12-04-2007   #153
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Is it six years?

Ha I'm only 19.... don't ask me about the Oilers pre-1997 (actually don't even ask me about '98, I was ten).

Don't get me wrong, I like the article and have shown some of my friends who also enjoyed it, it's just the timing of it all.
You're such a front-runner....

I hear ya... It was great for a laugh. Some people just take themselves too seriously.
Old 12-04-2007   #154
Bulluck53
All Pro

I was young and impressionable.... I'm just lucky I'm not gay after watching Kevin Dyson when I was younger
Old 12-04-2007   #155
Psychop1
]P][][V][]P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Assuming Bud and his heirs like money, this is where they should be. Every game has been sold out. Fans don't wear paper bags to games, even when the team isn't doing well. Nonetheless, if the Titans did move out, Tennessee would most likely end up with another NFL team, expansion or otherwise, the same way Houston did.

Also, Bud has no more sons. His Grandson Kennith (a recent graduate from Southern University here in Tennessee) works for the Titans' FO, and as I said, is speculated to take on Bud's role someday. I'm still guessing it will be a little while before we cross this bridge anyway. Supposedly, the Titans were locked on Nashville for 30 plus years via their contract with the city, but then again, as I previously said, we know there are ways out of those contracts.
Psychop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #156
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just saying...
I understand what you are saying but I kindly disagree.

It would be pathetic smack if I went to your board as a Texans fan and said something like "hey hillbillies, your team is a bunch of inbred flaming meatballs, neener neener." Which I did not and would not.

Because that is not nearly entertaining or interesting enough.

I see the blog article as less smack and more like a Titans educational primer for all opposing fans. Kind of like a wiki for MB goers. They are going to hillbilly smack you anyway, because that's the typical thing, but now they have something more interesting to associate with the name Titans. So it's not just me, Texans fans saying something to you Titans fan, like on a MB. Any opposing fan will find it semi-amusing and educational.

And what makes it entertaining, to me at least, is it is Titans fans that are continuously adding more content to the blog post, which means that more and more opposing fans will see it.

Games will be won and lost over the years, but this is just a fun way to let people know more about the Titans of mythology.
Old 12-04-2007   #157
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

But in the case of the Texans they are loses. Seems like a last ditch effort to come up with smack on someones mascot.

How fitting is it that the Texans use the symbol of an animal that has been bred for slaughter for 1000'ands of years?

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #158
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
But in the case of the Texans they are loses. Seems like a last ditch effort to come up with smack on someones mascot.

How fitting is it that the Texans use the symbol of an animal that has been bred for slaughter for 1000'ands of years?
Still better than roadkill as a mascot.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #159
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Still better than roadkill as a mascot.
when road kill gets to wear an AFC Championship ring ... that is not exactly accurate.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #160
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79917 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
when road kill gets to wear an AFC Championship ring ... that is not exactly accurate.

"The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room."

Crowing about a second place finish is putting lipstick on a pig. (which I'm guessing is fairly common there). 2nd place is NOTHING like winning a championship. Maybe one day Nashville will get to know the difference.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read