Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-29-2007   #61
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'll take this comment as a sign of defeat. Surely, even a titan fan can come up with something a little better than a "Moo".

Good job TC, we won the mental game. Now if we can just win the physical part of the game we can call it a sweep.
Na I just know the "Moo" bugs Bill and I am to busy at work to make a quality post.

I will repond tonight though

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #62
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Na I just know the "Moo" bugs Bill and I am to busy at work to make a quality post.

I will repond tonight though
Man, your job must be pretty demanding to make you stay busy 24-7, because you have yet to make a quality post.
Old 11-29-2007   #63
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

That clip was pretty funny. Why a grown man would have so many dolls is kind of confusing but to each there own.

Old 11-29-2007   #64
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That clip was pretty funny. Why a grown man would have so many dolls is kind of confusing but to each there own.
Is this the quality post you were referring to? If not, let us know when you post the quality post so we'll know how to distinguish it from the rest of your posts...Ummkay.

Old 11-29-2007   #65
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll take this comment as a sign of defeat. Surely, even a titan fan can come up with something a little better than a "Moo".

Good job TC, we won the mental game. Now if we can just win the physical part of the game we can call it a sweep.
You got the guns, I'll bring the ammo.

For your amusement, here's the last series of comments on the actual post:

comment link

Quote:
55. Steph -

Your argument is persuasive, but I can't agree that Titans is worse than some other nicknames, notably Redskins, which is openly offensive (at least to some) and Texans, which is simply unimaginative at best (and is presumably the result of the same "time, consideration and money" that went into Tennessee's choice). Not to defend that choice, but it's worth noting that many teams have chosen nicknames from mythology or ancient civilizations (there are Trojans and Spartans aplenty, and I venture that there would be Olympians, too, if Baron deCoubertin had not preempted the phrase). I posit that there is a sort of "presumption of heroism" by the borrower on the part of those whose names are being borrowed - the Titans were gods, after all, though the behavior of at least some of them is not role model material, as you note, and as the clever video makes quite clear - and any association with them rests on the belief that most folks are going to ignore or be blissfully unaware of some of their baser behavior. Remember, too, that one definition of "titanic" is "having great stature or enormous strength; huge or colossal" - so it's evidently not just Bud Adams that doesn't know his mythology. If I wanted a name to embody those qualities, Titans seems a fair choice. Indeed, it seems fair to me that one could adopt a nickname based on only the more admirable qualities possessed by its progenitor (wolverines are just big smelly weasels, after all). Even if those qualities are only myths themselves.

Posted at 11:51PM on Nov 28th 2007 by Wade

58. To the lady who wrote this garbage,
First of all have you even been to Tennessee? If you have, have you ever been outside of "The beautiful urban centers?" Id bet you haven't! If you had, you would know that very few if any of us "hillbilly folk" are conscious of the backward and reputation you say we have. We don't care what people think! You also would have known our sub-urban as well as rural areas are just as modern if not more so than many Midwestern states such as Ohio Indiana and Michigan. You have the right to say that The Tennessee Titans is a bad team name but before you start running your mouth about the people in Tennessee, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! You wouldn't want someone making a false and derogatory statement in a column on where your from!

Posted at 11:41AM on Nov 29th 2007 by brent

59. brent-

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I have been to Tennessee. I found it to be beautiful. I said as much in the entry.

2. I never said anything bad about the people of Tennessee. I have no quarrel with the people of Tennessee, though I do wonder why some of them are overly defensive about something that is just a history of the Titans made with dolls.

Whether or not you care that people in other parts of the world think of Tennessee as being hillbilly, the fact remains that a large portion of the country views TN, and large parts of the South, for that matter, as being backward.

If you don't believe me about that perception, check out these links (some touchy language in the comments) discussing this story:

http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2007/...ow-titans.html

or this link:

http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=4446

3. If you couldn't care what people think, why are you responding to this blog? Just wondering.

Wade-

In so many words, you are saying that most people are ignorant about the origins of the Titans, so therefore the name is not a bad one as long as people don't know what it means.

I see my role here as one of trying to inform, entertain, and show people a view of things that they might not have thought about before. And I guess I did that. Now people know what Titan mythology is all about.

And, by the way, you shouldn't bring the word "titanic" into the discussion of your team name for obvious reasons.

At the end of the day, I think the reason why some people got so defensive about this is that they had no idea what the Titans were all about, and once they found out, didn't like to be clowned about that. Hard to take issue with the truth, even as portrayed by toys.

But just for the record, and just to make clear, I believe:

1. Tennessee is a beautiful state.
2. Tennessee is not just a bunch of hillbillies. And for the hillbillies who are there, I have no opinion about whether or not you are involved with any inbreeding, childing eating, castration of fathers, etc.

Thanks all for reading and commenting.
-Steph

Posted at 12:07PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Stephanie

60. Steph,

I find it odd that you seem surprised that Titans fans would get upset with you saying that we have the worst name team name in all of sport. If I said that the Texans have the stupidest name in all of sport and titled my post as such, I'm sure Texans fans would voice their dissent.

It baffles me that this surprises you.

Posted at 12:27PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Tman

61. Tman-

I never said that I was surprised by some Titan fans being upset about what I wrote. If fans had no idea that their team was named after a Greek mythology of inbred, defeated, child-eating, father-castrating gods, and someone told the world that, I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't like that so much.

If you wrote about the Texans or any other team having the worst name in sport, and you put together a toy video to demonstrate that, I'm not sure what my reaction would be. But I can tell you what it wouldn't be....

I wouldn't call you an *****. It wouldn't get my panties in a wad. If it were clever, I'd tip my hat. And if it weren't, I'd probably ignore it.

But I probably wouldn't leave blog comments that say something to the effect of "waaaah, people in Tennessee are wealthy people" or "waaaah, people in Tennessee are more smarter then you" or "waaah, we are all about the Greeks" or "waaah, Titans are strong, and ignore what their history is" or any other sort of waaah-my-pee-pee hurts overly defensive sort of comment.

It's a doll video.

It's nice to see you around. Maybe you can visit some more when we are talking more football and not goofing on team nicknames.

-Steph

Posted at 12:48PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Stephanie

62. Steph,

Of course you realize "waaah-my-pee-pee hurts" are fightin' words here in Tennessee. Careful now.

In all seriousness, I understand your point about the Titans and the video was pretty funny. But I love the name and I love the team. I could do without Bud Adams, but that's who we got. He's already managed to piss off Nashville the way the organization treated McNair, but I doubt he has to the degree that he pissed off Houston.

That being said, isn't it about time we rehashed the 2006 draft for the 6 millionth time this year?

Posted at 1:19PM on Nov 29th 2007 by Tman

The moral of the story is never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Old 11-29-2007   #66
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm glad you appreciated it.

I shot the video. I was visiting my folks over Thanksgiving and figured it might be a funny thing to do. They were my niece's toys. The background is the front of my parent's closet--it was the most quiet place in a house full of people.

I asked a couple of my brothers to help me because they have a twisted sense of humor too. I also think it's funnier to get these huge dudes doing the voices and moving around the dolls.

Though I do not think I will be releasing "The Making of 'Remember the Titans: Whoa, They Were Gross'" video

Some day, I might have to release the Director's Cut. A little longer but more demented. Or maybe the outtakes, because I have to say it was pretty hard holding the camera steady because I was laughing so much.
Old 11-29-2007   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If fans had no idea that their team was named after a Greek mythology of inbred, defeated, child-eating, father-castrating gods, and someone told the world that, I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't like that so much.
Classic!
Old 11-29-2007   #68
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

titans look more like odysseus to me.

your video makes the look like the tennessee oedipi?
Old 11-29-2007   #69
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yea...but thats like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited by YellerLotYeller; 11-29-2007 at 04:49 PM.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #70
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Yea...buts thats like shooting fish in a barrel.
did you see that episode of mythbusters?

they mathed that the disturbance of water pressure caused by the bullet-water impact alone would kill most fish capable of swimming in a barrel.

...something about pressure waves damaging lateral lines and some other scientific hooey.

Last edited by powerfuldragon; 11-29-2007 at 04:49 PM.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #71
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
did you see that episode of mythbusters?

they mathed that the disturbance of water pressure caused by the bullet-water impact alone would kill most fish capable of swimming in a barrel.
No I missed it, but you just blew my mind.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #72
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
LOL...their not liking the video made at the Titans board.
They are just PO'd b/c there family tree doesn't have any branches.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #73
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
No I missed it, but you just blew my mind.
If you have dvr check listings and see if they do not have a repeat of the game sat or sunday like they normally do.
Old 11-29-2007   #74
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
They are just PO'd b/c there family tree doesn't have any branches.
tn family tree?:

Old 11-29-2007   #75
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79917 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

A little known fact about the Titans' logo is that it was actually a last minute substitution forced by the NFL when they got a sneak peak at the original featuring the biggest "Titan" of them all.

Old 11-29-2007   #76
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
tn family tree?:

I would so give you rep if I could.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #77
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would so give you rep if I could.
Done!

lol at the Titans fans getting mad......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #78
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #79
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Let's review....
Andre Johnson in: Texans 3-1
Haynesworth in: Titans win
You mean 6-1 right? I mean if you are going to quote a record the comparison should at least be the same correct? But I guess that really hurts your argument. Good move dodging that bullet

Quote:
Haynesworth out: Titans lose
Johnson out Texans lose.

Quote:
Young: Horrible quarterback, but all he does is win, right??... *laughs*
That is all he did last season. This year he is struggling. You should be familiar with this since it echoes through your team.

Quote:
We see your man-love for Davey shining through. Fact is, Davey isn't shell shocked considering he played behind arguably a better O-line than what Schaub has right now and yet the sack numbers are WAY down..
You are right I loved when David Carr was on your team. He was an easy stat padder that blew games. Pretty much a free W. All I am saying is Shammy ate turf on almost every play last time we played and we are coming in with same D that played you 3 quarters of last game. And you better believe we are going to drive a steak into your heart this time around.

Quote:
'His highness' can't pass gas. If I were the Texans I wouldn't rush Young all day long. Let him try and rack up a whopping 230 yards............ oh, and 3 picks.
Na your secondary would not start on most teams in the NFL. I am really not to worried about them stopping the plays. I am more worried about the drops.

Quote:
Making light of concussions...?? Reminds me of a discussion earlier this year where 'you lost a little respect' for me. (see trent green)... Dont ever come with that 'holier than thou' routine again. BTW smart guy, Young and Schaub have played in exactly the same amount of games this year, so by your logic, not only can 'his highness' NOT throw the ball, he's as 'fragile' as Schaub is!! See how ridiculous that sounds???
Right, but at no time did one of our players stand over Schaub taunting him. Shaub was never hurt in Atlanta because he did not have a chance to be. He comes to the Texans he get roughed up a bit. Is he injury prone? Can he take the beating your O-line requires? I am not making light of anything I am poking around to see how hot a button it is that he has been injured multiple times. Don't lecture me about injury prone QB ... check the sig.

Quote:
Last time I checked, when the Texans win this Sunday, the inbred children of uranus and the Texans will have identical records.
And if I win the lottery though I have never purchased a ticket, I will be a millionaire. Logic seems perfectly in line there.

Old 11-30-2007   #80
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is all he did last season. This year he is struggling. You should be familiar with this since it echoes through your team.
Kind of like Tack fans who log more time on a Texan board than they do their own.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read