Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-28-2007   #21
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

I'm still waiting for the email to confirm my comment. How long does it usually take?

I'm still waiting....it's been about an hour now.....

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 11-28-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #22
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Nice article, but the video isn't accurate. Case in point.

Tennesseans don't eat children.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #23
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

my ego's too fragile for blogging on high traffic sites.
Old 11-28-2007   #24
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I'm still waiting for the email to confirm my comment. How long does it usually take?

I'm still waiting....it's been about an hour now.....
Weird. Usually it goes right through.
Old 11-28-2007   #25
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Weird. Usually it goes right through.
I sent another comment just now. Still nothing. Strange.

Old 11-28-2007   #26
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Yup all of that is true

And you are still going to get toasted in Tennessee. Haynsworth is going to make Shammy Jam this Sunday!

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

True... I heard that dirty, cheap shottin', soon to be free agent, thug, SOB, punk was coming back this week.
Old 11-28-2007   #28
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Only to remind you of your O-line with Carr.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #29
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
I am not sure if you get news out there because maybe Pelosi has deemed it so, so that people only get her version of things but Carr is no longer on the Texans so therefore the O line is improved by subtraction.
Old 11-28-2007   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
According to NFL.com, the Texans have given up fewer sacks than the Titans this year. We are tied for 7th for fewest sacks given up (tied with the Colts and Cowboys in this category).

The Titans have given up four more sacks than the Texans this year.

Obviously, for the slower football fans out there, the problem was not the line but the QB. We still have issues and need to upgrade, but watching the sack machine in Carolina clarifies the issue rather well.

So what's that you say about our o-line? can we talk about passing stats now?
Old 11-28-2007   #31
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
True... I heard that dirty, cheap shottin', soon to be free agent, thug, SOB, punk was coming back this week.
Maybe. This is what Fisher said:

Quote:
(on the condition of DT Albert Haynesworth) “We’re going to evaluate him today on the practice field. I think he may have a chance to participate in a limited basis on the practice field. That’s all I can say at this point.”
I think he plays.
Old 11-28-2007   #32
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Steph, that video was too funny! Thanks for the laugh, I sent it to my friend who's a teetin fan. Ever consider sending the video link to McClain and see if what he thinks about it? I personally don't care what he thinks, but would love for him to post a link to that video from chron.com for all the teetin lovers in Texas. Hey...maybe get that video out to the Austin area! Brilliant!!
Old 11-28-2007   #33
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Steph, that video was too funny! Thanks for the laugh, I sent it to my friend who's a teetin fan. Ever consider sending the video link to McClain and see if what he thinks about it? I personally don't care what he thinks, but would love for him to post a link to that video from chron.com for all the teetin lovers in Texas. Hey...maybe get that video out to the Austin area! Brilliant!!
I am not sure that the chron is ready for doll incest. Even if it is based on Greek mythology.
Old 11-28-2007   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think he plays.
If our linemen have any pride, they take him out.

yeah, I said it, so what. Dude deserves to be a target.
Old 11-28-2007   #35
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Ha, the link has hit the TOMB.

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=31927
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Teehee, my work is done.

You should see some of the comments at FanHouse.

"Hey, we aren't hillbillies!!! There's peoples here who have monies!!! Hey, we like Greek stuff."

I never said they were hillbillies. I said that a large portion of the country perceives them that way.

And I am not sure how much you want to emulate the Greeks. I took an entire seminar one semester about Plato. Lots of man on man/boy action as the highest form of love. See e.g. The Symposium.
Old 11-28-2007   #37
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

"Tennessee folks sensitive to hillbilly talk pick a Greek myth chock full of inbreeding and assorted ook."

LMAO...irony
Old 11-28-2007   #38
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84705 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #39
Brando
Site Contributor

Sorry Steph, I was trying to contribute but I think everyone else got the word out.

Titans have the worst name(inbreds),logo(flaming thumbtacks), and mascot(racoon? for all the roadkill they like to bbq, lol) in the NFL.

Old 11-28-2007   #40
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

My serious response to this would be, do you guys know why they were named the Titans? Also, why our mascot is a racoon?
My first guess is b/c you sleep with your family members?

My second guess would be b/c Where the Red Fern Grows was mandatory reading from grades k-12?

Last edited by TEXANRED; 11-28-2007 at 10:31 PM.
TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read