Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-27-2007   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boomer calls Texans "under-rated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
This is so true....and they all repeat each other. I can't stand it when two of these analyst are side by side and both of their takes are exactly the same but the both say them like it is brand new information. Why not say, I agree with so and so and add some more details, compare and contrast, hell....i don't know, do something.

And they all cover the same exact stuff. First Jim Rome talks about it, then Around the Horn covers it, then PTI comes on and tells it to you again in a different format. Then SportsCenter wraps it all up for a fourth time. I am so dumb I need to here over and over apparently.

Edit* I have been thinking about starting a thread capturing some specific instances these guys copying each other, sounding scripted, making outrageus claims etc. So I started a thread about it in the NFL Forum: http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44718
I think the main point of this format is to allow you to choose the show that you like the best, rather than encourage you to watch all the shows.

They need to have as show that breaks down game film EXCLUSIVELY for something like an hour. I'm talking about no panel of analysts; I don't even want to see the guy's face, all I want to see is replays of football plays. There should be a guy breaking it down, but I don't need to look at him when he is talking. I don't care what suit he is wearing, show me some interesting footage rather than show me 4 analysts.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #22
austintexanite
All Pro

I didn't happen to catch that last night, but it's good to know that Boomer is talking about other teams other than the: Colts, Cowboys, Packers and Patriots.
Old 11-27-2007   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
We are underrated because people are saying we suck, and we don't. We are a mediocre team right now and a lot of people still think we just flat out suck.
Mediocrity sucks, IMHO.

We will most likely have a losing record this year, for the 6th year of our meager existence. Individual plays/games not withstanding, 6 years of losing records sucks by most people's perspectives.

I appreciate what Boomer is saying, but I do not have much confidence in our team's ability to be consistent. We still have yet to ever win three games in a row during a season. Once again, that just sucks.
Old 11-27-2007   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

You are what you post. You really might try to learn to tone down your attacks whether it be McNair, Kubiak or a founding fan of the team like SheTexan. You don't have to agree with her but there is no reason to go off the deep end.
Old 11-27-2007   #25
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub may be better than car but I'm not sold on him being the future of the franchise nor have I seen him do much recently that leads me to beleive that Rosenfels shouldn't be in the mix to take the QB position. I hope that Schaub finds his rythm and proves he is the face of this franchise. Untill then Don't blow up on people that don't have a similar view as yours.
Old 11-27-2007   #26
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I think Boomer is over-rating us. Or maybe he's expecting all those teams to discount the Texans based on who the Texans were two years ago. Either way, I don't see the Texans beating these teams. If they do, it's all for fun - I predicted a 5-11 season so any win at this point is just gravy.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #27
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Horror View Post
I think Boomer is over-rating us. Or maybe he's expecting all those teams to discount the Texans based on who the Texans were two years ago. Either way, I don't see the Texans beating these teams. If they do, it's all for fun - I predicted a 5-11 season so any win at this point is just gravy.
Great after The Texans next win(this Sunday) we can start a Gravy thread !
Old 11-27-2007   #28
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not get down on Schaub just yet. Please remember what the last 5 years were like with that other guy.

BTW, it's always cool to disagree with other fans here and it's also cool not to have a positive opinion of our current QB or any other player for that matter. However we don't tolerate personal attacks on other members for their differences of opinion. Please keep that in mind. I had to remove some posts within this thread because of the tone they took.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #29
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Let's not get down on Schaub just yet. Please remember what the last 5 years were like with that other guy.

BTW, it's always cool to disagree with other fans here and it's also cool not to have a positive opinion of our current QB or any other player for that matter. However we don't tolerate personal attacks on other members for their differences of opinion. Please keep that in mind. I had to remove some posts within this thread because of the tone they took.
Good Job Hookem

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read