Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Boomer calls Texans "under-rated"

Tune to Monday Night Football.

Looks like we get more media attention than meets the eye.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #2
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boomer calls Texans "under-rated"

Berman has always treated Houston teams fairly.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe ESPN has received the emails we've been sending, suggesting that they need to be a little more constructive in their analysis of us.

I can't think of what or why else he would give us a boost...I mean, this team is not under-rated (IMO). It's exactly what it is: Mediocre.

We don't get props when we earn it (No footage of the Saints win). And yet we get these sorts of "boosts" from the talking heads in a patronizing manner.

Where were you guys last week, ESPN? Thanks for patting us on the back a week after we shut down Reggie Bush. Pffft....
Old 11-27-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

We are underrated because people are saying we suck, and we don't. We are a mediocre team right now and a lot of people still think we just flat out suck.

I heard boomer say monday morning before the games that the Texans are going to play spoilers to a lot of teams because we basically play all of the contenders except the Bills.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I can't think of what or why else he would give us a boost...I mean, this team is not under-rated (IMO). It's exactly what it is: Mediocre.
Mediocre to Texans fans = Underrated to the national media

I'll take it. Mediocrity is an improvement from what we've been seeing the previous years.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #6
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Another ESPN guy called Schaub the same as AJ Feely. A backup that was hyped as the next football Jesus, then when another team traded a bunch for him he flopped and showed he was a backup for a reason.

I think it was Skip Bayless
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Boomer calls Texans "under-rated"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Another ESPN guy called Schaub the same as AJ Feely. A backup that was hyped as the next football Jesus, then when another team traded a bunch for him he flopped and showed he was a backup for a reason.

Who called him the second coming? I believe most called him a lot better than Carr.

Also, I like Berman - he seems to have much more insight and unbiased opinions than all the ex players and coaches.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-27-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Whenever I see Skip Bayless' name - I just roll my eyes. I think Michael Wilbon was spot on whenever he called Skip a moron. I would put more credence in his brother's (Rick) recipes than I would anything he has to say.
Old 11-27-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What a joke. The guy has played well this year overall and has maybe 2 bad games out of all of his starts. We have no running game and his top receiver has been out all but 4 games. I like his pocket presence and the way he handles himself and the team. Hell, his bad games seemed like good games to me compared to what was here. I just don't get what people are watching after a total of 10 starts or whatever in his career. If it was Bayless, I give it no credit at all. The guy is slime. He is the National Enquirer of sports reporting and doesn't know jack squat.
Old 11-27-2007   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you have to go to Skip Bayless for support, you have already lost the argument.

As a starter:

AJ Feely 11 games--53.7% comp., 1893 yds, 172 ypg, 5.3 ypa, 11 TD's, 15 INT's, 61.7 QB rating
Matt Schaub 10 games--66.5% comp., 2207 yds, 220.7 ypg, 7.8 ypa, 9 TD's, 9 INT's, 87.3 QB rating

Yeah, they look just alike.

Last edited by infantrycak; 11-27-2007 at 10:35 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't we need to be somewhat rated before we can be considered under-rated? Eh...
Old 11-27-2007   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Don't we need to be somewhat rated before we can be considered under-rated? Eh...
I think he means what we feel. The national media treats us as bad as a 3 or 4 win team. Ironically a zero win team gets treated better than us.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-27-2007   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If you have to go to Skip Bayless for support, you have already lost the argument.

As a starter:

AJ Feely 11 games--53.7% comp., 1893 yds, 172 ypg, 5.3 ypa, 11 TD's, 15 INT's, 61.7 QB rating
Matt Schaub 10 games--66.5% comp., 2207 yds, 220.7 ypg, 7.8 ypa, 9 TD's, 9 INT's, 87.3 QB rating

Yeah, they look just alike.
I wasn't saying I was agreeing with him, I was pointing out more Texans bashing.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #14
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Also, I like Berman - he seems to have much more insight and unbiased opinions than all the ex players and coaches.
IMO, NFL fans (not team fans) make better commentators than most former players / coaches. I give more credence to Vinny than just about anybody at ESPN.
Old 11-27-2007   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
IMO, NFL fans (not team fans) make better commentators than most former players / coaches. I give more credence to Vinny than just about anybody at ESPN.

They (ex players and coaches) are SO scripted. Ever hear Ditka on 610? You honestly wonder if he watches the NFL.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-27-2007   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I am 50-50 on Schaub all because I was bamboozled on David Carr. I am tending to pull the trigger on the topic of ANY Texans QB who is championed as being "the answer."

It's human nature: Limit the chances at being disappointed (Again...).

I have to admit that Schaub had a spring in his step vs. Saints, but he looked slow and sluggish vs. Browns--He tends to take a long time to get away from center (IMO) and I think it's messing up the blocking AND wide receiver timing, too.

He is, after all, getting a lot of starts...whereas he was in-and-out a lot with the Falcons. Maybe he needs time to adjust to the physicality of the game.

I dunno. I'm 50-50. NOt drinking the Kool Aid yet, but also not bashing the guy.
Old 11-27-2007   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And Skip Clueless is still bashing the Texans for passing on the real Jesus in cleats, Vince Young. Go figure.
Old 11-27-2007   #18
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Skip Bayless is the guy that suggests that the Cleveland Cavaliers might be better off without Lebron James...end of story.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #19
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing that I have been thinking about Schaub is his sacks total. We are on pace, as a team, to give up fewer than 30 sacks for the season, I think. I don't think that the O-line has made drastic improvements over last season. With McKinney out we could even have a technically worse O-line than we had at the end of last season. We still don't have a running game and that means the other teams D doesn't have to respect that and are teeing off on us. The WRs and RBs seem to be doing a better job with blitzs pickups but Schaub still seems to be running for his life more than I would like. I have never just blaimed the O-line for Carr sacks and have never just blaimed Carr for all his sacks either, but with basically the same O-line our sacks are WAY down while Schaub is not getting much, if any more time than Carr did. Now a REAL feature back and a healthy Spencer should give Schaub more time to make quality throws instead of the sometimes stupid throws he makes now. I don't think Schaub is a top 10 QB, but I feel he has the ability to step up and do better than he is now. I don't Schaub is bad either. I just think he is like most of the rest of the team, mediocre.

As far as ESPN goes, I feel the same way about that as I do New England running up the score on teams. I don't like it but don't blaim them either. If you want respect, earn it. If you don't want NE running up the score on you, stop them.

Last edited by Overalls; 11-27-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
They (ex players and coaches) are SO scripted. Ever hear Ditka on 610? You honestly wonder if he watches the NFL.
This is so true....and they all repeat each other. I can't stand it when two of these analyst are side by side and both of their takes are exactly the same but the both say them like it is brand new information. Why not say, I agree with so and so and add some more details, compare and contrast, hell....i don't know, do something.

And they all cover the same exact stuff. First Jim Rome talks about it, then Around the Horn covers it, then PTI comes on and tells it to you again in a different format. Then SportsCenter wraps it all up for a fourth time. I am so dumb I need to here over and over apparently.

Edit* I have been thinking about starting a thread capturing some specific instances these guys copying each other, sounding scripted, making outrageus claims etc. So I started a thread about it in the NFL Forum: http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44718

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 11-27-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read