Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #1
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Word of Advice....

Pick up the Texans DEF/ST this week for your fantasy league.....
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #2
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: A Word of Advice....

I'll assume you're being sarcastic.

Har. Har. How many points did the Titans give up to the Bengals today? If there was a team who's fans should not be talking smack after today, it would certainly be the Titans (or perhaps the Giants).

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #3
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he's talking smack. The Tack's offense sucks.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #4
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I would like to apologize, I see you probably weren't trying to be a smart ass. I'll just say that you shouldn't get to down on yourself because your team is in a slump. After all, they do play us next.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Haynesworth come back this week?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
If Pacman would stop punching him out - probably. Fisher said he could have taken a few snaps this last weekend but held him out.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine that if he (Haynesworth) could've gone but didn't last week, that he'll probably play him this week. The team really doesn't seem nearly as dominating when he's out, and they are chasing a wildcard spot now, rather than holding it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2007   #8
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I'll assume you're being sarcastic.

Har. Har. How many points did the Titans give up to the Bengals today? If there was a team who's fans should not be talking smack after today, it would certainly be the Titans (or perhaps the Giants).
Bulluck53 is a good guy. He talks a little smack but I don't think this is it.

If Haynesworth can play, he will play this week. I think the Titans want this game almost as bad as we do.

Our O-line has been playing better. Our run game is almost mediocre instead of just plan terrible. We had more drops by our WRs than we have had for the most part the season, so hopefuly that won't happen again. The Titans have some DBs out and the fans are cussing some of their starters as it is. LenWhale hasn't been running well. Chris Henry is out for drugs. VY has been getting yards but is turning the ball over twice as many times as he is scoring.

We got a shot at this game. Not a good one, but a shot.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #9
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha, no I'm serious. Just look at the stats of the past two games (and you can throw in the Jags game as well) and our offense has been terrible. Turnovers galore, total absence of a running game and our redzone offense is non existent (0/5 yesterday). Plus we were something like 1/9 on 3rd down yesterday last time I saw. I'd say it would be a smart pick-up for any fantasy player.

This should be a fun week.
Old 11-26-2007   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Haha, no I'm serious. Just look at the stats of the past two games (and you can throw in the Jags game as well) and our offense has been terrible. Turnovers galore, total absence of a running game and our redzone offense is non existent (0/5 yesterday). Plus we were something like 1/9 on 3rd down yesterday last time I saw. I'd say it would be a smart pick-up for any fantasy player.

It resembles the fact that the Panthers can't run with David at QB. The defenses take away the run from David and Vince and make the two beat them with their arms. It's quite successful as both are not very good passers at all.

I'll add to this by saying that the Titans run game was pretty successful in the beginning of the season. The defensive gameplan against the Titans has changed dramatically over the season. As long as Vince struggles to pass and beat blitzes, the Titans will continue to struggle running the ball.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-26-2007 at 02:46 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

After this Sunday y'all will be healed of all deficiencies. Our defense is the NFL's doctor of all offenses.
Old 11-26-2007   #12
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
After this Sunday y'all will be healed of all deficiencies. Our defense is the NFL's doctor of all offenses.
Unfortunately very true.

Old 11-26-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Bulluck53 is a good guy. He talks a little smack but I don't think this is it.

If Haynesworth can play, he will play this week. I think the Titans want this game almost as bad as we do.

Our O-line has been playing better. Our run game is almost mediocre instead of just plan terrible. We had more drops by our WRs than we have had for the most part the season, so hopefuly that won't happen again. The Titans have some DBs out and the fans are cussing some of their starters as it is. LenWhale hasn't been running well. Chris Henry is out for drugs. VY has been getting yards but is turning the ball over twice as many times as he is scoring.

We got a shot at this game. Not a good one, but a shot.

I say we got a good shot at it...had Dunta made a stop or two we would have won the first meeting.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #14
Bulluck53
All Pro

Vince has done fine when Chow has opened up the offense. He needs someone who can catch.
Old 11-26-2007   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I say we got a good shot at it...had Dunta made a stop or two we would have won the first meeting.
Plus I like our chances more with VY at QB over KC.

Old 11-26-2007   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:

You want us to pick up your kicker this time too? 26 points my ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #17
Bulluck53
All Pro

With our redzone deficiencies... yes. It would be a wonderous pick-up (but if he's a FA in your league I definitely want in with yall next year )
Old 11-27-2007   #18
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Yeah im sure vy was faking that injury who wouldnt with the vaunted texans def on the horizon.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #19
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
It looks like he will...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5330905.html

Haynesworth alert

The Texans are expecting Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth to return to the field Sunday after missing three games with a strained right hamstring.

In the first eight games of the season with Haynesworth in the lineup, the Titans won six and held opponents to 67 rushing yards per game. In the three games without Haynes-
worth, the Titans allowed an average of 160 rushing yards and lost each time.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak called Haynesworth "probably the best inside player in the game."

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #20
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob McNair View Post
Hopefully VY won't have another phantom "only miss the Texans game" injury and Collins comes in and leads them to 10 scores against us...
Yea, that'd be just our luck. I said it last time we played the Tacks and I'll say it again; I'd rather face VY than Collin 8 days out of 7.
nero THE zero is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read