Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #161
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm about done with this

I gotta say this...some of y'all would NEVER make it as Cubs fans. Now THAT'S some suffering. But you won't find one dyed in the wool Cubs fan giving up on their team EVER.

That's what I love about sports. It's not always pretty, and you can suffer a century of futility, but if you look forward to every year with the same hopefulness of the years past, no one can question your loyalty.

The Texans have been the "perfect storm" of circumstances. Inherited players, a mass of injuries, failed first round picks...I'm not so sure that I could make the claim that ownership is as lax as folks claim. Mistakes have been made but we're year 1 1/2 (if that, because you have to subtract a lot for having Carr last year) into a turn-around and anyone who expected to be in the playoffs this year...THE AFC PLAYOFFS, is just setting themselves up to be disappointed. So turn that frown upside down. It's a freakin' sport. If the team losing ruins the rest of your week, well, some self-correction probably needs to occur.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #162
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

My god... this team is 5-6 going to week 13 and some people figure we are going backwards somehow...
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #163
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
See? It's posts like this that I am talking about.

You just proved my point, pal.

One-line zingers that are meant to be cute...no real substance.

Seems you and your friends think it's comedy hour around here. You guys are the "SportsCenter" crowd...always trying to be a clown, trying to get over the top. You have zero respect for Herv.

People like you and the other 130-post crowd really don't get it. I think you're actually happy that the guy is disenfranchised about this team. I think you WANT him to go.

We need a moderator (Vinny?) to put some people in their places. I think it's pretty easy to see that we've got some guys here who are mostly interested in provoking others into endless and worthless dialogue.

I am more ashamed of some of YOU than I am of this team right now, and that's saying a lot. You guys need to take a seat and re-read your posts.

All this clowning, with the sarcastic one-liners, is getting to be more than just obnoxious. It's getting downright disrespectful and dishonoring of a guy who deserves more than to be KICKED when he's hurting, when he's not really needing anymore sucker punches.

Pat yourselves on your backs, you clowns. You're champs.
You are absolutely right GP, it’s about post count and number of words per post that make the content valid. We should have been paying more attention to your original post. How did we miss this gem I’ll never know? I tried to remember some of your posts so that I knew where you were coming from before reviewing your “opinion”, but I couldn’t remember. After searching I remembered why, it’s because you jump back and forth over the fence more than my neighbor’s cat. I’ve never seen anybody declare “I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again” or “I knew from the beginning” in so many different ways and yet contradict yourself when the time is right.
Quote:
Bob McNair is running this team for profit, not to win it all.

We are not New England, nor Indy, nor Pittsburgh. Those teams have owners who will mortgage their own house if they need to.
Why leave out the other SB winning teams since 2000 (Rams, Ravens, Bucs).
Quote:
I have come full circle on Jerry Jones and Bud Adams. I used to hate those two guys, but within the past few months...I have come to actually admire them. They will do whatever it takes to get it done: They CRAVE to be a winner.
YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY GOT TO BE KIDDING!

Quote:

1. I haven't bought the Richard Smith deal. And never will.
Think your hanging true on this one, but his tenure is still young.

Quote:
2. I didn't buy the Ahman Green deal, and it looks like I'm right (again).
“GP;641867 Ahman Green signed. Because of Dayne's success, I ain't laughing at this move. We run the ZB scheme, Ahman hasn't been as injured as it's been theorized around here, and the guy averages 1200 yds. a year for a decade. He's a good decision for the reason of giving us a year or two to find a solid, younger RB for the future...thus, freeing us up to draft for other needs.”

“GP;707584 RB: "B." Dayne looked good. Ahman got 4 yards on a sweep/pitch that I was sure only got maybe 2 yards...so the fact that Ahman got 4 yards out of what I thought was a bad play is telling me that Ahman still has it."

Reads an awful lot like a vote of confidence from the beginning, or did you already say that?

Quote:
3. I DID buy the Schaub deal, but now I'm having doubts.
Enquiring minds want to know? On or off?
But then I found the Holy Grail in these morsels of wisdom:
Quote:
That's what I hate about the media, it;s why I made a big jump during college years to get away from a journalism major and just get a P.R. and Advertising degree...at least in Advertising or P.R. you are "who you are" instead of journalists who fake it all the time and jump from ship to ship as the tide turns different ways.
Quote:
My thoughts exactly.
We live in a world where people remember only what happened over the past 24 hours. Once the 24 hours has passed, it's back to square one.
It's like watching a rally in tennis around here:
Carr did great!
Carr $#%@& sucks.
Carr did great!
Carr $#%@& sucks.
Carr did great!
Carr $#%@& sucks.
Back and forth, back and forth.
Amazing.
Just pick a side and stay there, that's what I say.
Kind of what we’d like to say to, but you’ve been saying it all along.
Why do you need Vinny/moderator? I don’t believe I’ve posted anything out of line or taken a different stance from when I was posting with him and the rest of the “old guard” back in the day or any other post I’ve made on this board.

Note: Last post for me on this one, pretty played out. Oh and I PM’d Hervoyel since I was replying to the title, opening and closing statements and didn’t see who posted. Thought it was a typical after lost game post.
hookinreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #164
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You completely missed my intended point. Anyone else play MMORPGs here? Whenever someone spirals, the requisite response is 'can I have your stuff?'

IT'S A JOKE.

Now breathe. I guess us "noobs" need to annotate our posts a bit more.
Uhhh...I think I understand now.

You ASSUME that we know what you mean because evvvvverybody plays MMORPGS (whatever that is)...okey dokey.

When you post something, it might be a good idea to "annotate" as you mentioned. All I saw, and I all I STILL see is a bunch of guys knocking on someone and dragging the corpse around the streets of texanstalk.com.

Granted, Herv has not asked for anyone to feel sorry for him. But the guy is a fellow fan, and for a lot of you to just kick him to the curb...well, it rubs me raw to see you so blindly loyal to a team of spoiled millionaires and yet you can't be understanding and even remotely nice to a MAN who has also followed this same team that you apparently worship more than real people whom you spend time with on this board.

Out.
Old 11-27-2007   #165
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See? It's posts like this that I am talking about.

You just proved my point, pal.

One-line zingers that are meant to be cute...no real substance.

Seems you and your friends think it's comedy hour around here. You guys are the "SportsCenter" crowd...always trying to be a clown, trying to get over the top. You have zero respect for Herv.

People like you and the other 130-post crowd really don't get it. I think you're actually happy that the guy is disenfranchised about this team. I think you WANT him to go.

We need a moderator (Vinny?) to put some people in their places. I think it's pretty easy to see that we've got some guys here who are mostly interested in provoking others into endless and worthless dialogue.

I am more ashamed of some of YOU than I am of this team right now, and that's saying a lot. You guys need to take a seat and re-read your posts.

All this clowning, with the sarcastic one-liners, is getting to be more than just obnoxious. It's getting downright disrespectful and dishonoring of a guy who deserves more than to be KICKED when he's hurting, when he's not really needing anymore sucker punches.

Pat yourselves on your backs, you clowns. You're champs.
I think it is pretty funny that you are screaming for the moderator that is famous for one line zingers.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #166
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Hey, it's going to be a frustrating season. We knew going into the season that watching the Texans this year would be agonizing. Not because they have the crap pounded out of them week-in and week-out, but because they are close to winning some of these games, and they are just a little off from being a dominating team. They lack that extra year of being together, that extra offseason of tuning the team, and two or three additional solid players on the team. It's not as far off as the record shows. Schaub should get better. He's playing like a rookie right now and making some bad throws. The defense is being insconsistent. Injuries have plagued the team. In my book, they should have beaten Atlanta and now Cleveland. There will be more frustrating, close-call games ahead. But in the end, I think the Texans are on the cusp of turning things around. So I'm not as frustrated watching some of these losses as I was watching the complete apathy of the 2-14 season. Losing is a habit, but so is winning, and they're learning good habits.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #167
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I reserve the right to step off for a bit and stretch my friggin legs.
Take a well deserved break--I know exactly what you mean--but please stick around the boards! I enjoy reading your posts.
Old 11-27-2007   #168
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
You completely missed my intended point. Anyone else play MMORPGs here? Whenever someone spirals, the requisite response is 'can I have your stuff?'

IT'S A JOKE.

Now breathe. I guess us "noobs" need to annotate our posts a bit more.
Don't explain levity to people that don't understand levity... Not unlike PD's post about 'Jive talking'.... Sometimes a funny one liner can lighten the mood. Unfortunately this thread went ugly way to fast to have an impact.

By the same token, Herv, take all the time you need. We don't always agree on things, but I still enjoyed your posts and sometimes discussing them with you, albeit from a differet point of view.

Your intial post for example. I am as frustrated as you are but not for necessrialy the same things that you are. I wanted to post what I agreed with and what I disagreed with - but unfortunately this thread spiraled out of control - way too quickly.

Hang in there Herv - and we'll be here when you are done 'stretching'...
Old 11-27-2007   #169
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I think it is pretty funny that you are screaming for the moderator that is famous for one line zingers.
That was intentional, on my behalf. Thank you for playing along and helping me to make a point.

I wanted to show you that you guys KNOW there is a standard of conduct here (an unwritten rule about treating each other fairly), and I think it's funny that the 130-post crowd isn't held to the standard...but I go with a zinger and WHAM! it's "Well, well...look at you! You're not so big yourself."

Thus, someone trying to point out that I broke a rule is in essence admitting that there is a field of play where the conduct needs to be on-the-level.

Scan my posts. They are about 99% structured in every form: Grammar, paragraphs, spelling, a logical flow of thoughts and ideas (whether you agree with it or not). I try to use real instances, quotes from players/coaches, situations on the field and in the media coverage, and my own observations to bring some form of objective and constructive analysis to the discussions. I typically avoid the threads that I know are just baiting everyone into a big flame war. Being around the boards this long has taught me THAT much.

What I am upset about, in this thread, is that we have some posters who are using little Seinfeld/sarcastic one-line zingers...cute remarks and put-downs with no real input to the conversation. It's typical one-upsmanship whereby a person says something and a whole string of people just rattle off little quips to get a giggle and to try and outdo the other guy.

That's all fine and well, IMO, when the topic is lighthearted. But you guys are just bashing away at a fellow fan in a thread where al the guy wanted to do is express what he thinks he is seeing. He offered a LOT of points, and I really don't see most of the posters trying to address those points. I see "Get out of here" or " Go ahead! Jump!," or "Buh-bye," or "See ya'," or "Can I have your stuff." I mean, come one guys...is that the best you can do?

And then there are the posters who have been here for a long time. They are saying "Hey man, I understand. Just make sure you come back," or "Well, I will miss you because I enjoyed hanging out here with you and talking football."

See the difference?

I don't know. Maybe I need to lower my expectation(s) of a few posters on this board. Maybe I have unfairly held a few to the standards that some others are living up to and seem to hold in high regard.

I just really don't see the deserved respect for a longtime fan (not a bandwagonner, as a few of you are charging) and it irks me. You're not showing a sense of history around here, an appreciation for what the long-term guys have brought to the table.

So be it.
Old 11-27-2007   #170
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
My god... this team is 5-6 going to week 13 and some people figure we are going backwards somehow...
Probably because the Texans are not going forward. I'm with hervoyel. The biggest factor with this team is identity. Kubiak has had 27 games with this team and I still don't know what it is it does well. Even when they win you kind of wonder how it happened. I looked at the stats after the Saints game and was surprised the Texans won by 13 points. They only had one sack and I never saw a pass rush on Brees the whole game. All they've done all year is beat bad teams (Chiefs, Panthers, Dolphins, Raiders, Saints), lose to the crappy Falcons (injuries I guess though it doesn't explain the defense), and lose to teams with better records (Colts, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Browns). That tells me they are a little more talented than the worst teams in the league, but still can't hold the jocks of teams that are .500 or better. I wasn't all that upset the Texans lost to the Browns b/c they never win games against equally matched teams on the road. Somehow they find ways to look incompetent and lose.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #171
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job Herv look what you have done.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria! (Ghostbusters, joke reference, figured i better annotate that)

This is kinda like a David Carr thread..... who has more credibility, who has been a fan longer, who is the bigger fan, questioning peoples devotion to the team. Noobs -vs- the Old Timers.....Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen
If the team losing ruins the rest of your week, well, some self-correction probably needs to occur.
Things kinda get put in perspective after what happened to Sean Taylor, not only did a young man lose his life but he also left behind his one year old daughter that will never get to know her father.

There are more important things in life than football....not many though.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #172
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Probably because the Texans are not going forward. I'm with hervoyel. The biggest factor with this team is identity. Kubiak has had 27 games with this team and I still don't know what it is it does well. Even when they win you kind of wonder how it happened. I looked at the stats after the Saints game and was surprised the Texans won by 13 points. They only had one sack and I never saw a pass rush on Brees the whole game. All they've done all year is beat bad teams (Chiefs, Panthers, Dolphins, Raiders, Saints), lose to the crappy Falcons (injuries I guess though it doesn't explain the defense), and lose to teams with better records (Colts, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Browns). That tells me they are a little more talented than the worst teams in the league, but still can't hold the jocks of teams that are .500 or better. I wasn't all that upset the Texans lost to the Browns b/c they never win games against equally matched teams on the road. Somehow they find ways to look incompetent and lose.
Not going forward? Maybe you are unaware of where we have been the last 6 years. Our season was DONE by now last season. We were looking at who we could and should get. The year before that our season was done before week 8. Also no pass rush on Brees...I am not sure what game you watched.

No matter how you try to slice it up, its 5-6, a record we've never seen this far into the season. People don't chalk us up as wins any more. People are overreacting and expected too much from them this year. The journey to being a good team isn't going to look pretty, it isn't going to always look good. But if you see your record go up DESPITE your schedule, it usually means the team improved. Beating teams you should beat and losing to teams you should does not make you a crappy team, it makes you a mediocre team. A crappy team is looking at the NFL draft right now, things could be MUCH worse than they are now.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #173
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Fandom in general is a pretty subjective thing. The reason that I'm a sports fan at this stage in my life is pretty simple. I'm married and have a family and a stable job and require a form of entertainment that won't be harmful to that lifestyle. I used to be a musician and lived my life accordingly. There were a few years where I could give a rat's ass about sports.

Perspective is a pretty important thing to remember here. I don't really agree with fans telling other fans how to be fans. There are a lot more important things in life. (No offense to hookinreds here or anyone else in particular. Just talking in general.)

Take for example my secondary fanhood of the Cowboys. I grew up watching them when the Oilers were blacked out (which was often.) It seems like I watch almost all their games, but I'm not heartbroken when they lose. I even pile on a little bit for fun when people bash them. It's just too damn easy.

Most people around here grew up hating the Cowboys. I never got the memo that Houstonians were supposed to hate all things Dallas. All I knew was that was the only team that I got to see on Sundays for the better part of the 1980's.

By the same token, as much as I tried to, I didn't really care much when they won Super Bowls. I probably won't care much this year if they go this year either. And I won't be surpised when the Patriots stomp a mudhole in their asses again.

I'll watch damn near any game and pick a side for any stupid reason (usually uniforms,) but there's only one team that I ride or die with.

Take care, Herv. We'll leave the light on.

Last edited by Mr. White; 11-27-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #174
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not reading 9 pages - someone catch me up.

But first, I'll take a stab at it and someone can tell me if I got the gist.

1. Someone has had it and they're calling it quits.
2. Others pile on, calling the person fairweather and bandwagon.
3. Still others pile on the piler's on - defending the person who has called it quits.
4. The thread spirals into the abyss of 'what is a true fan,' and 'I've been here for x years and you haven't so what I say has more credibility.'
5. Someone brings up David Carr's gloves.
6. Someone else posts something smart ass like this.

Did that about get it?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #175
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post

3. Still others pile on the piler's on - defending the person who has called it quits.
4. The thread spirals into the abyss of 'what is a true fan,' and 'I've been here for x years and you haven't so what I say has more credibility.'

Did that about get it?
What about the we should have drafted Vince Bush ?
Old 11-27-2007   #176
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I am a fan, period! I always have been and always will be. I will be happy when we win and sad when we lose. If we go to the playoffs, then I get to be a fan for that year a little longer and I can watch the Texans play a few more games that year.

Quote:

Did that about get it?
Thanks for the wrap up!
Old 11-27-2007   #177
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post

Did that about get it?
Thats it in a nutshell!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What about the we should have drafted Vince Bush ?
Oh, I think that was thrown in there somewhere as well!!

Also add in 'post whores'.....
Old 11-27-2007   #178
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: I'm about done with this

I was saying that I'm gone too when they didn't draft VY but it don't matter to me no more, I live by the sword and so will die by the sword. I've been a Houston fan since 1982. I live for tomorrow and today again will be yesterday's tomorrow. This franchise is only what 5/6 years old but it is getting better than before. After all these years come on they're only a year or two away and a player or two away from being real contenders. The playoff possibility is interesting but only because other .500 teams in contention with wild cards.

I imagine what if they had all been healthy and playing all the way down to even Spencer but once again I live for tomorrow and hopefully the lessons learned from the past will only get better. Believe me patience is a virtue and it's been over like 40 years now. Hell even the Astros finally just made it to the world series a few years ago after all those years and I stand by them too. Go Texans until it's written on my tombstone. Not giving up on your losing team may be more important than winning but they will have their glorious time someday without Bush or VY.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007   #179
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

wait for it.
Old 11-27-2007   #180
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read