Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #141
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm about done with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I guess rooting for a lost cause for 6 years never causes even the slightest frustration in you? You can be happy that our team is a joke and has never posted a winning record, much less won three games in a row in a season?

Braindead or spiked koolaide....I'm not sure which.

Being a 'regular' has it's positives...we know Herv and consider him a good friend. BIG difference than a noob that has no history or background to consider.

Sometimes reputation of the speaker carries more weight than others. For instance, if President Bush says a terrorist is in a building, we might grant him a bit more credibility than say, Barney the 'hello guy' at your local Wal-Mart says the same thing.

This thread is called venting, folks. As in tired of rooting for a bland product whose destiny sometimes appears to be a lost cause. Rattle off all the positives, the hoped-fors next years, and all that jazz, but at the end of the day: 29-61, and we still suck after six straight seasons.

Spread some rep around. Well said. I think when you take things in context to the loyalty and desire that a poster has shown over the years it easier to see where it came from. Not only that but I really don't see where anything he said was that far off base. I'd rather have a passionate fan who let out his frustrations than people who keep saying that people need to accept our direction and deal with it.
Old 11-26-2007   #142
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i've met herv. He's a good guy. This season sucks. Love is pain. Such is life. I wholeheartedly understand. I wish I had it in me to stop being so emotionally attached to this team. I don't. I dont' have it in me. I envy the ones who can. Every sunday is dread mixed with hope mixed with getting shot in the groin....oh wait, thats sean taylor's sunday. Disregard

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #143
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
OK...build a new car from an auto parts store (with some junkyard parts where needed), or inherit a jalopy with bent rims (Domanick Davis), pistons that won't fire (Carr), no bumpers (offensive line), busted steering column (bad coaching), and a bent frame (lousy draft picks)? Oh...but the exhaust system works well (AJ).
The part of the analogy that is bad is that the old team had some good players (7-9 quality) besides Andre, and the new additions aren't all high quality.

They aren't rebuilding with excellent quality as your analogy suggests- Mario, Weaver, Flanagan, Black, Moulds, Green and other moves were rebuilding the same old house, car, whatever or just flat out wasting cap space. As usual.
Old 11-26-2007   #144
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is a person's fan support for a team questioned because of perceived "tolerance" towards garbage ball and consistently losing games? This makes no sense to me.
The subject I was talking about was him leaving, not about questioning his fandom. I'm sure there are Texan fans who already quit caring, because their tolerance for some of the stupid things we have done was lower than ours.

Quote:
If you're happy with losing, then I contend you don't really care to begin with. :
What are you supposed to do in protest losing? If I could do something and it would change some things, like hire a new defensive coordinator, I would but I can't. If you know a way how, show me where and sign me up.

His points are very good, I don't question them.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #145
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Attack the post, not the poster. I'd really like to engage any Texans apologist(s) that wish to counter Herv's points, because I've got some swamp property in Arizona that you might want to purchase.
I am still holding out for the coastal property in Nevada!
Old 11-26-2007   #146
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Spread some rep around. Well said. I think when you take things in context to the loyalty and desire that a poster has shown over the years it easier to see where it came from. Not only that but I really don't see where anything he said was that far off base. I'd rather have a passionate fan who let out his frustrations than people who keep saying that people need to accept our direction and deal with it.
I tend to agree with you. We've all had a game or games where your frustration with the Texans boils over. The Browns game seems to be that game for Herv. There have been at least a few games over the last few years where I was in the same boat as Hervoyel. I really didn't think I could physically tolerate to watch this team play a losing brand of football week in and week out. However, after I cooled off & Sunday approached I found myself getting my hopes up once again that perhaps this Sunday I'd see the Texans play the brand of football I'd been hoping for through so many years. Still hasn't happened yet.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #147
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't recall asking anyone to talk me off of a ledge and for the record Double Barrell understood exactly what I meant. I don't care what happens in the win/loss column anymore this year. I can't afford to anymore this year. That's me. Your mileage may vary.

I don't know how "you" (speaking collectively to everyone who reads this) take your football. I don't know if you overreact or barely pay attention. I don't know if you're a face painter or somebody who sits through the games sipping your red wine and talking to a client. What's more I don't really care unless you want to post about it.

I get sick to my stomach when my team loses. I get so angry when the Texans do something stupid that my chest shrinks about three sizes and I get light headed and have to close my eyes and think about breathing for a while. I'm something of a hypertension poster child and I've got a cardiolagist who thinks that if we can ever find a way to turn cholesteral into gasoline then I'm going to single handedly put the middle-east out of business. I'm a 42 year old man from a line of men where exactly 1 person has made it past 49 years old without a heart attack in the past three generations. I've got an expiration date on me like a gallon of milk.

And I love watching my hometown team (Houston) play football. I take it too seriously and I know it. I let it get to me when I shouldn't and I know it.

I'm taking a break for a while. I don't want to watch any more of this for a while. I'm tired of it and no longer find it entertaining. It's entertainment after all not a damned religon.

Football and particularly NFL football is entertainment. It's a spectator sport that's played because people enjoy watching it and are willing to pay for the privilege to do so. Television shows are also entertainment as are movies and CD's. How long would you continue to watch a TV show that you were highly anticipating but that never panned out and stayed just as bad as it started? How many movies in a series would you pay to see if the first one was good and every one of the sequels sucked? Take your favorite music artist and tell me how many crappy CD's he\she\they have to put out before you decide to pass on the next one?

I'm stepping back and getting myself some perspective before I blow out an "o" ring or something. You guys carry on the good fight and have fun doing it. I'll come back next year and anyone who wants to give me crap for stepping off the bandwagon can have at it. I could not care less. When a "bandwagon" stays stuck in the mud for 6 years and never moves forward without slipping back into the ruts then I reserve the right to step off for a bit and stretch my friggin legs.
Old 11-26-2007   #148
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
True to a point. However, what makes this post any different than the countless other "I quite you" threads?

I find it ironic that the same people who defend this thread are the same people who would go and tell a poster they don't know to not let the door hit them on the way out.

Sure its Herv, and yes he has been a mighty contributor to this board over the years but does it make him any more of a fan than the guy who just signed on to vent his frustrations and looking for moral support?

I feel Herv's pain, I really do, but to be honest if I can survive seven straight one and done playoff appearances, 35-3, and a first round exit after winning 11 straight and home field throughout the playoffs, I can survive anything.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #149
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Read his original post again. Tell me what you disagree with. It seems that you are Don Quixote attacking imaginary diseases, because what you are implying was never said to begin with.
See below.

Quote:
Attack the post, not the poster. I'd really like to engage any Texans apologist(s) that wish to counter Herv's points, because I've got some swamp property in Arizona that you might want to purchase.
How ironic that you don't even get the phrase right. Perhaps that was the Don Quixote imaginary disease setting in.

Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Quote:
6 years of "keep your head up and quit panicking every time they lose" has me just about ready to walk away. As a matter of fact I think that's exactly where I am. Screw this mess. I've watched 115 games of almost exclusively bad football and I'm tired of it.
Context in between is arguable discussion.

Quote:
I think I'm done caring for the year. I'm getting close to being done caring at all. I don't like getting this upset on Sundays. I was a happier person having happier weekends before Bob McNair decided to play football owner (badly).
If it looks like a duck...
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #150
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81208 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You guys carry on the good fight and have fun doing it. I'll come back next year and anyone who wants to give me crap for stepping off the bandwagon can have at it.
Well as long as you come back next year..........it would suck to lose a quality poster like yourself over a crappy football team.

I'll hold down the fort on this swirling turd until you decide to return.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #151
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
True to a point. However, what makes this post any different than the countless other "I quite you" threads?

I find it ironic that the same people who defend this thread are the same people who would go and tell a poster they don't know to not let the door hit them on the way out.

Sure its Herv, and yes he has been a mighty contributor to this board over the years but does it make him any more of a fan than the guy who just signed on to vent his frustrations and looking for moral support?

I feel Herv's pain, I really do, but to be honest if I can survive seven straight one and done playoff appearances, 35-3, and a first round exit after winning 11 straight and home field throughout the playoffs, I can survive anything.
Well I don't think I have knocked the people I don't know either to tell you the truth. Not my style. I seem to relate more to the frustration and angst in the post than the poster himself. However, knowing what a hardcore fan he has been it is easier to relate. I was/is that way about Dallas since I grew up in Ft. Worth. I could win the lottery and have sex with a supermodel and a Cowboy loss would ruin the weekend in the old days...never happened though. I've mellowed. Since I moved here in 1993 and the Texans came along I have had a hard time getting on the train. The last couple of years I've started to and wanted to see success. So I can see the pain of those alot more invested. What you said is partly true but I can't lie and say that I don't relate more to someone I've seen dissect the team and talk pasionately about them. Just human nature. I also think alot of his points were spot on.
Old 11-26-2007   #152
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope to see you on the message board again.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #153
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
If any of you want to be "done with this", then be done with it. Just don't come back a couple of years from now thumping your chest telling everyone "I was a fan all along; I've stuck with them since the beginning".
See, why the hell would that matter to anybody? That's what I don't get. I don't care if you're a so-called bandwagoner, I don't care if you're a so-called fairweathered fan, I don't care if you go to all the games, I don't care if you never go to a game, I don't care if you've followed the team since 2000, I don't care if you start following the team when they clinch their 1st playoff berth, I don't care if you bleed Battle Red, I don't care if you post 10 gozillion times on a message board or 5 times, I don't care if you get too emotional, I get care if you have no emotion.

I DON'T CARE WHAT KIND OF FAN YOU ARE!! (other than you being a belligerent buttmunch sitting by me at the game)

Let people be fans the way THEY want to be fans, or not, and not the way YOU want them to.

150+ posts about this man's rant and labeling what kind of fan he is for it?? Are you serious? There's gotta be something else to talk about.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #154
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

It could always be worse, we could be the Dolphins.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #155
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Exclamation Re: I'm about done with this

I don't know. We've got some decent receivers out there. OUR RUNNING GAME TRULY SUCKS!!!! How does this team compare with the old Oilers? I don't know. If we would've beaten Cleveland, then going into this week's game against the Titans we would've been a serious wild card contender. Instead we have another year of meaningless crap. I think that all us PSL owners are starting to feel like suckers for investing in this organization.
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #156
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Quitting?

Can I have your stuff?
See? It's posts like this that I am talking about.

You just proved my point, pal.

One-line zingers that are meant to be cute...no real substance.

Seems you and your friends think it's comedy hour around here. You guys are the "SportsCenter" crowd...always trying to be a clown, trying to get over the top. You have zero respect for Herv.

People like you and the other 130-post crowd really don't get it. I think you're actually happy that the guy is disenfranchised about this team. I think you WANT him to go.

We need a moderator (Vinny?) to put some people in their places. I think it's pretty easy to see that we've got some guys here who are mostly interested in provoking others into endless and worthless dialogue.

I am more ashamed of some of YOU than I am of this team right now, and that's saying a lot. You guys need to take a seat and re-read your posts.

All this clowning, with the sarcastic one-liners, is getting to be more than just obnoxious. It's getting downright disrespectful and dishonoring of a guy who deserves more than to be KICKED when he's hurting, when he's not really needing anymore sucker punches.

Pat yourselves on your backs, you clowns. You're champs.
Old 11-26-2007   #157
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Exclamation Re: I'm about done with this

I mean, take this for instance. David Carr (no offense to DC, I still like him) was the franchise upon which the whole team was centered. Since his trade, he's been a bust in Carolina. And Bonselli, what a bust he was. And why did we get Ahman Green, who is 30 (way past his prime?) We have made so many bad decisions. Will it get better? Who knows?
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #158
texanfreak
Rookie

Rep Power: 16 texanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballottexanfreak is on the Hall of Fame Ballot

I am truly sorry to see any fan leave. however, if anyone wants to leave so be it.I have been and alway's will be a houston sport's fan. I will never root for a team from a different city.So all i can really say is goodbye
texanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #159
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 52681 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't recall asking anyone to talk me off of a ledge and for the record Double Barrell understood exactly what I meant. I don't care what happens in the win/loss column anymore this year. I can't afford to anymore this year. That's me. Your mileage may vary.

I don't know how "you" (speaking collectively to everyone who reads this) take your football. I don't know if you overreact or barely pay attention. I don't know if you're a face painter or somebody who sits through the games sipping your red wine and talking to a client. What's more I don't really care unless you want to post about it.

I get sick to my stomach when my team loses. I get so angry when the Texans do something stupid that my chest shrinks about three sizes and I get light headed and have to close my eyes and think about breathing for a while. I'm something of a hypertension poster child and I've got a cardiolagist who thinks that if we can ever find a way to turn cholesteral into gasoline then I'm going to single handedly put the middle-east out of business. I'm a 42 year old man from a line of men where exactly 1 person has made it past 49 years old without a heart attack in the past three generations. I've got an expiration date on me like a gallon of milk.

And I love watching my hometown team (Houston) play football. I take it too seriously and I know it. I let it get to me when I shouldn't and I know it.

I'm taking a break for a while. I don't want to watch any more of this for a while. I'm tired of it and no longer find it entertaining. It's entertainment after all not a damned religon.

Football and particularly NFL football is entertainment. It's a spectator sport that's played because people enjoy watching it and are willing to pay for the privilege to do so. Television shows are also entertainment as are movies and CD's. How long would you continue to watch a TV show that you were highly anticipating but that never panned out and stayed just as bad as it started? How many movies in a series would you pay to see if the first one was good and every one of the sequels sucked? Take your favorite music artist and tell me how many crappy CD's he\she\they have to put out before you decide to pass on the next one?

I'm stepping back and getting myself some perspective before I blow out an "o" ring or something. You guys carry on the good fight and have fun doing it. I'll come back next year and anyone who wants to give me crap for stepping off the bandwagon can have at it. I could not care less. When a "bandwagon" stays stuck in the mud for 6 years and never moves forward without slipping back into the ruts then I reserve the right to step off for a bit and stretch my friggin legs.
Understood. However, you will be missing out on some prime character building pain and suffering. For me, I'm going to continue to hope and get decimated with disappointment because one day... maybe a long time from now, it's going to pay off huge!

I became a Braves' fan in about 1980. That decade of pain and misery made the run in the 90s some of the best memories of my life. All these frustrations and losses go in the bank. Imagine how great that first division championship is going to be when it happens!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #160
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147527 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
See? It's posts like this that I am talking about.

You just proved my point, pal.

One-line zingers that are meant to be cute...no real substance.

Seems you and your friends think it's comedy hour around here. You guys are the "SportsCenter" crowd...always trying to be a clown, trying to get over the top. You have zero respect for Herv.

People like you and the other 130-post crowd really don't get it. I think you're actually happy that the guy is disenfranchised about this team. I think you WANT him to go.

We need a moderator (Vinny?) to put some people in their places. I think it's pretty easy to see that we've got some guys here who are mostly interested in provoking others into endless and worthless dialogue.

I am more ashamed of some of YOU than I am of this team right now, and that's saying a lot. You guys need to take a seat and re-read your posts.

All this clowning, with the sarcastic one-liners, is getting to be more than just obnoxious. It's getting downright disrespectful and dishonoring of a guy who deserves more than to be KICKED when he's hurting, when he's not really needing anymore sucker punches.

Pat yourselves on your backs, you clowns. You're champs.
You completely missed my intended point. Anyone else play MMORPGs here? Whenever someone spirals, the requisite response is 'can I have your stuff?'

IT'S A JOKE.

Now breathe. I guess us "noobs" need to annotate our posts a bit more.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read