Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #101
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm about done with this

You guys were an expansion team in what has been one of the most competitive divisions in football since reallingment. Had you been in the NFC East of NFC South you'd be happy.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #102
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
You guys were an expansion team in what has been one of the most competitive divisions in football since reallingment. Had you been in the NFC East of NFC South you'd be happy.
I wouldn't call the NFC East too shabby.
Old 11-26-2007   #103
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

come on herv, quit your jive talkin.
Old 11-26-2007   #104
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
*shakes head*.. Leave it up to PD to find and post a Bee Gee's video. Hilarious!!!
Old 11-26-2007   #105
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
good gawd...rep on the way
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #106
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
If you can't stand losing, you don't deserve to win.
I guess all coaches in the NFL don't deserve to win. Because they all can't stand losing and it kills them not to win.

This board is for people to vent, communicate and celebrate. Because a few people a venting, people want to start the namecalling and calling people "not real fans". So silly.
Old 11-26-2007   #107
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dskillz View Post
I guess most coaches in the NFL don't deserve to win.
Can't stand means you walk away from it because your tired of it. Not that you don't like it. Good try though.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2007   #108
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess all coaches in the NFL don't deserve to win. Because they all can't stand losing and it kills them not to win.

This board is for people to vent, communicate and celebrate. Because a few people a venting, people want to start the namecalling and calling people "not real fans". So silly.
Sounds like your the KING of changing words around. I don't have shit to say to you honestly. I'm tired of addressing posters like you.
Old 11-26-2007   #109
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
find and post a Bee Gee's video.
hey man, they found that elusive intangible known as the funk on that number.
Old 11-26-2007   #110
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*shakes head*.. Leave it up to PD to find and post a Bee Gee's video. Hilarious!!!
Love the BeeGees. See Stayin Alive dance
Old 11-26-2007   #111
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I notice that there are some posters who have been here since the beginning, and they are treading carefully upon Herv's post. They understand what he's talking about. They have been a part of thousands of discussions about Texans football with Herv.

And then there's the guys who have 137 posts or so. Guys who either (A) lurked around for years, too scared to post (perhaps), or they are guys who have (B) just recently joined the discussion boards.

I haven't seen any of the "old guard" poke fun of Herv. But I have definitely seen some classless fans, those who weren't here for the beginning, who are piling on and puffing their chests out as if they are real bad dudes.

So to the "real fans" who are piling onto Herv, I say this: It takes a pretty big person to publicly announce that he's very near the breaking point, especially when you've been right there for so long. I would even go so far as to say that Herv IS a good fan because he is willing to stop playing pretend; he's allowing himself to question the ownership and overall direction of this team.

I mean, if you think that the owner and the top dogs of the NFL team you root for are possibly not made of the right stuff to get it done, it's not too far off to think that you ARE just wasting your time trying to believe in the team.

At the end of the day, a fan has to know that his team's owner and upper management are truly dedicated to the ART of trying to win a title. There are several teams in the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB who are looking at the profit line more than the stat line after the games and season are over.

Some of you guys need to lay off the little one-line zingers you are using to pad your post count. Come to the plate with more than just "Well, get out of here...see ya later!"

Don't lose heart, Herv. Your post might get read by someone in an important position with the Texans...and you might be the one post that changes the direction of this franchise.
Old 11-26-2007   #112
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quitting?

Can I have your stuff?

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #113
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I notice that there are some posters who have been here since the beginning, and they are treading carefully upon Herv's post. They understand what he's talking about. They have been a part of thousands of discussions about Texans football with Herv.

And then there's the guys who have 137 posts or so. Guys who either (A) lurked around for years, too scared to post (perhaps), or they are guys who have (B) just recently joined the discussion boards.

I haven't seen any of the "old guard" poke fun of Herv. But I have definitely seen some classless fans, those who weren't here for the beginning, who are piling on and puffing their chests out as if they are real bad dudes.

So to the "real fans" who are piling onto Herv, I say this: It takes a pretty big person to publicly announce that he's very near the breaking point, especially when you've been right there for so long. I would even go so far as to say that Herv IS a good fan because he is willing to stop playing pretend; he's allowing himself to question the ownership and overall direction of this team.

I mean, if you think that the owner and the top dogs of the NFL team you root for are possibly not made of the right stuff to get it done, it's not too far off to think that you ARE just wasting your time trying to believe in the team.

At the end of the day, a fan has to know that his team's owner and upper management are truly dedicated to the ART of trying to win a title. There are several teams in the NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB who are looking at the profit line more than the stat line after the games and season are over.

Some of you guys need to lay off the little one-line zingers you are using to pad your post count. Come to the plate with more than just "Well, get out of here...see ya later!"

Don't lose heart, Herv. Your post might get read by someone in an important position with the Texans...and you might be the one post that changes the direction of this franchise.
I think you're just committing the same act of arrogance if you believe that the posters that haven't been HERE from the beginning are somehow less of a fan/poster/person/whatever just because they haven't been around an interwebs message board since day 1.

I think what you're trying to express that no one who has been a TEXANS fan from day 1 should have their fanhood questioned. Message board resident or not be damned, but I think all of us who have been on board with the Texans from the day the franchise was awarded to the city is feeling the pangs of frustration.

What I do not think is appropriate is for folks to call Herv a bandwagoner or whatever is implied by his not being "fan enough" by expressing a sense of helplessness in the face of what has been 6 rough years of mediocre football. But I also don't think flaunting messageboard membership from day 1 makes him any more of a fan than say, I dunno, myself, who has watched every game on TV save for maybe 2 or 3 because I was out of town. Just using myself as an example, but the old guard/new guard stuff doesn't account for it so much as long-suffering fan vs. classless "I'm a better fan than you" fandom.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson

Last edited by IlliniJen; 11-26-2007 at 03:42 PM.
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #114
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

If your just starting to question the ownership and coaches of this franchise, you haven't been paying very close attention.

Sounds to me like Herv doesn't get anything out of the Texans anymore but unhappyness. I understand and respect it and I agree that when that happens there is no reason to be a fan anymore. It's not about saying he is not a "real fan". It's about saying "Bye".

Regarding the bolded part, I don't think that questioning the ownership and overall direction of the team has anything to do with being a fan. I can do that with plenty of teams that I don't care about.

Seems that some of you are reading too much into this because the guy is a moderator. Just sounds like the Texans don't do anything positive for him anymore.

I stand by what I said before, if you can't stand to lose you don't deserve to win. Just like how if your not willing to put the work in you really don't deserve it. Not calling anybody fake fans. I'm just telling it like it is.

Hate me or not for addressing a moderator as I have. I really don't care.
Old 11-26-2007   #115
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
What I do not think is appropriate is for folks to call Herv a bandwagoner or whatever is implied by his not being "fan enough" to express a sense of helplessness in the face of what has been 6 rough years of mediocre football. But I also don't think flaunting messageboard membership from day 1 makes him any more of a fan than say, I dunno, myself, who has watched every game on TV save for maybe 2 or 3 because I was out of town. Just using myself as an example, but the old guard/new guard stuff doesn't account for it so much as long-suffering fan vs. classless "I'm a better fan than you" fandom.
Exactly.
Old 11-26-2007   #116
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hey man, they found that elusive intangible known as the funk on that number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Love the BeeGees. See Stayin Alive dance
Ironically enough, I watched the whole video and started 'jivin'.....
Old 11-26-2007   #117
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Again, completely typical. A respected, long-time Houston fan goes on the board and vents his (totally justifiable) angst over a truly stupid loss - and there you are, ready to shoot your mouth off in order to show everyone what a REAL Texans fan is like - you know, the real ones - like you.

And, in perfect form, you don't see anything disrespectful about it. You didn't tell Herv "Hey, I'll always be a fan", instead you basically told him to shut up and shove off if he can't hang wiith the real fans, like you. And when other respected members call you on it, you simply dig in.

It's all about your "fandom", as you call it. You might be the worst kind of fan there is.

I'm sorry. Maybe I should have joined the support group, given Herv a big hug and tell him it's going to be alright. My apologies, it just read like all the rest of the quitters posts.

At what point did I declare myself supreme Texan Fan #1, or should that be ActualTexan, my apologies for infringing on your turf.

Let’s say you go to the movies once a week. Each time you go to a movie, there’s a different kid in the movie crying for his parent to get him a drink/candy. Each week you’re “thinking”, I wish they would just get the kid a drink so he will shut up. After 10 weeks of hearing yet another kid crying for a drink/candy, you’re not thinking anymore and you just tell the parent to get the kid a drink/candy, makes no difference that it might not be the same kid every week, or a kid that 9/10 times is a perfect little soldier. Has nothing to do with Herv, personally, he just happened to be that parent in the movies, and I was venting at his vent? Or are we not allowed to do that?
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #118
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Sounds like your the KING of changing words around. I don't have shit to say to you honestly. I'm tired of addressing posters like you.
Posters like me? What exactly does that mean? Why don't you explain yourself as you want to bring profanity to the discussion.

You made a comment saying that if you can't stand losing, you don't deserve to win. I made a comment saying that every NFL coach can't stand losing. So in other words, to attack someone here because they are frustrated and venting isn't right at all. Hell, does Dunta Robinson not deserve to win because he vents as well?

If that makes me not worthy of a response, just put me on your ignore list now.

Last edited by dskillz; 11-26-2007 at 03:54 PM.
dskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #119
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

I will say that if this exact post was posted by someone else, perhaps a random poster, there would not be as much support or as much "it's ok, your right" posts.

Quote:
Posters like me? What exactly does that mean? Why don't you explain yourself as you want to bring profanity to the discussion.
People who change other people's words around to make a point. "Real fan" is something I never wrote on this message board.

"I guess all coaches in the NFL don't deserve to win. Because they all can't stand losing and it kills them not to win." In the way that I used the term "can't stand" it is pretty obvious what I meant by it, but you would like to change it to something different.

Like I said, I don't have shit to say to you. What you do is fine by me, it's just rediculous.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-26-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2007   #120
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:

You made a comment saying that if you can't stand losing, you don't deserve to win. I made a comment saying that every NFL coach can't stand losing. So in other words, to attack someone here because they are frustrated and venting isn't right at all. Hell, does Dunta Robinson not deserve to win because he vents as well?

If that makes me not worthy of a response, just put me on your ignore list now.
Maybe I should just define every word and term that I use when typing so that people like you are not confused. Please use logical thinking.

I'll do it this time for you. "Can't stand" - when one cannot subject themselves to something anymore so they eliminate the situation from their lives.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read