Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #61
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm about done with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hervoyal doesn't need, or deserve to be put in that "adios" group. He's been around here before Day One. He's venting the same frustration that a lot us feel.
Then Hervoyal needs to get off the ledge. Not exactly sure what "before Day One" is supposed to emply other than Hervoyal should understand why this team isn't the same as previous years, or that as a previous Oiler fan, that this would be anything new from what we have had to deal with in the past.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #62
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Then Hervoyal needs to get off the ledge. Not exactly sure what "before Day One" is supposed to emply other than Hervoyal should understand why this team isn't the same as previous years, or that as a previous Oiler fan, that this would be anything new from what we have had to deal with in the past.
Doesn't mean you have to "accept" what is being fed to you.
Old 11-26-2007   #63
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I for one am not going to renew my PSL's or ever watch another Texans game - ever.........

Sopping, dripping wet with
Old 11-26-2007   #64
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Hell. If you're going to jump, then Jump! Quit threatening and do it!
Old 11-26-2007   #65
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Houston fans have been eating their young for a long time. Nothing new.
yeah... too bad we didn't draft him.
Old 11-26-2007   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's been here since before the team was named. It's just a guy fed up and venting about watching another year of meaningless football in December. It's been over a decade since we have had a playoff run here in Houston.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #67
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Doesn't mean you have to "accept" what is being fed to you.
Not accepting and quitting are two very different things. But the fact we are being fed a meal of reality should be nothing new. As far as "next year", isn't that the slogan for every fan of every team that doesn't win the Super Bowl...again, shouldn't be anything new. When would they be expected to say...definitely not next year, there's no hope for us, please don't watch, buy tickets, or purchase any merchandise. There are choices, watch the product that's put on the field and criticize it all you want, make excuses all you want or praise it all you want, but quitting or mention quitting…jeeez
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2007   #68
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel your pain Herv. I will never abandon this team, however. One day, one day, really one day, we will win the Super Bowl and just think how sweet the feeling will be...

A guy can dream can't he????
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #69
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Are you now in charge of fans can think or say?

Quote:
In six years the Texans have not been able to control field position (the NUMBER ONE component of the game of football). End of story.

Quote:
Oh please......can't you just shut up and let the guy vent without throwing him under the bus just to show us all what a GREAT FAN you are?
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #70
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He's been here since before the team was named. It's just a guy fed up and venting about watching another year of meaningless football in December. It's been over a decade since we have had a playoff run here in Houston.
So the other decades of not winning the Super Bowl have been any different, or losing meaningful football games in December makes it much easier to stomach?
Old 11-26-2007   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

.500 football is hard to watch. Obviously it's better than 2-14 football, which was just painful to endure. But a .500 team gives you a little hope, only to fumble it away (literally).

I've reached a state of 'zen' with our hometown team. I'm sort of indifferent. I watch 100% of every game, but then I just find something else to do when it's over, win or lose. They play, we watch. It is just entertainment at the end of the day.

I've endured way too much losing to quit now, though. While I certainly understand Herv's perspective, it would be my luck that the Texans go on magical playoff run the year that I quit watching.

You get desperate as a football fan and 6 straight years of losing. I've been born and raised a "Cowboy hater"...but I've actually started questioning myself with existential wonderment of why do I hate Dallas...I mean, they're from Texas, they're winners, they've never really done me wrong....see? I'm getting desperate thoughts to find a secondary team to root for! Texans in my heart forever, but still....I....just....hate....losing....year...aft er....freakin'....year!!!
Old 11-26-2007   #72
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So the other decades of not winning the Super Bowl have been any different, or losing meaningful football games in December makes it much easier to stomach?
You will have to ask him not me....Herv has a long history here so I really don't question him being a bandwagon guy.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #73
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 35903 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
6 years of "keep your head up and quit panicking every time they lose" has me just about ready to walk away. As a matter of fact I think that's exactly where I am. Screw this mess. I've watched 115 games of almost exclusively bad football and I'm tired of it.
I've got a lot of sympathy for this view, and yesterdays was a soul-destroying defeat. Just when you think the team has turned the corner they do this to you. Trouble is, we've turned so many corners we're going around in circles. I guess this what a 0.500 team is all about. Hang in there Hervoyel, one of these corners may not lead down a blind ally.

Unfortunately, Schaub's play is a microcosm of the entire team. He looked so much better last week, but against Cleveland, his main fault has re-emerged. In rugby circles, the kind of throw that Schaub often makes is termed a 'Hospital Pass'. He may not have a laser arm, but he's got to stop putting the ball in a position where his receiver is going to take the mother of all hits if he's going to make a completion. There's another Dre Johnson type injury just around the corner unless he wises up.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #74
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActualTexan View Post
Are you now in charge of fans can think or say?

In six years the Texans have not been able to control field position (the NUMBER ONE component of the game of football). End of story.

Oh please......can't you just shut up and let the guy vent without throwing him under the bus just to show us all what a GREAT FAN you are?
Point 1: Let's see, he posted it.

Point 2: Number one component of football is to outscore the other team and put a W on the board not matter how you do it. Must be a lot of pictures in your story book.

Point 3: Thanks for recognizing my fandom, had it for quite some time now. Oh, and he's driving the bus that he's under, not me, but thank you for playing our game.
Old 11-26-2007   #75
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hang in there Herv. I feel the same way after some of the Houston games. It doesn't help when you get a game like yesterday AND have Tasker announcing. Add to that a close up of Schaub's face after that last int where he looks like a whooped puppy and you get some really bad emotions stirring.

A lot of these young guys on here just don't understand the painful experience it has been to be a fan of Houston football since the early days of the Oilers. Good times have been few and far between. It gets really frustrating to see a new team in Houston doing a lot of the same crap the Oilers did. We'll get em next year. Thats our rally cry every year come December.

And finally, throw in the fact that Dallas is 10-1 at this point and we Houston fans have about all we can stomach this year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #76
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas has established a winning culture long ago, it feeds off of fans expectations year in & year out with players/coaches/fans all buying in. Houston is struggling to develop a winning culture from scratch yet have some of its fan base scared from the Oilers losing culture. The Texans just don't have the same set of expectations, yet until they beat the into submission & that takes winning
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #77
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I'm about done with talking people off of the ledge.

Hell. If you're going to jump, then Jump! Quit threatening and do it!
And I'll make sure no innocent bystanders get hit when you splatt. Faiweather fans can stick it.
Old 11-26-2007   #78
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This is usually the time of year that you see sensible fans turn on the organization.

As much as I hate to say it, I was one of 'em last year after passing on Vince Young bit us in the ass and we were still stuck with a hair model as a QB. Comments that McNair made about that choice to the media just pissed me off more. Not introducing the offense when the Titans came to town really pissed me off because they didn't want the boo's to hurt Carr's feelings.

This year, the hair model is out and I'm pretty damn happy.

I've also suspected that Mike Sherman had waaaay too much offensive input as an O-Line coach and again as an OC. Another problem just solved itself IMO.

Now if we could just get a real Defensive Coordinator......
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #79
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would think so. If you are a playoff talent team, there is hope. In the current scenario, he seems to be saying that hope is a fleeting thing after 6 years because of the same mistakes. He can speak for himself, but I don't see his complaints as lame. The fact is, when you are being told to wait and be patient, people run out of patience. I'll put it this way, you can't feed people the drafting of a guy like Mario and say "we brought him in to be the guy off the edge that allows us to beat the Colts and put pressure on Manning" and then the next year say "he does the little things people don't see and holds the line well, etc, etc." Smart football fans will start to smell the b.s. I think all people want is to see the direction. I think this years team is improved. But I was one who was happy to start with a guy not named Carr and to move forward. I just think there is only so much of the same mistakes you can hear though.
Old 11-26-2007   #80
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I sorta feel the same way DB does. I just don't let losing get to me anymore. The day is done, we blew another game, life goes on as a football fan. I guess I like pulling for the underdog! I was screaming my lungs out for Philly to beat the Pats last night! I had a sh*tfaced grin on my ugly mug when I saw the Titans score. I have always hated the Dallas Cowboys and will continue to do so. NOT too would disrespect the football foundation on which I was rainsed!! lol I have watched my second fav football team flounder longer than I have the Texans. I find myself cheering for teams I never thought I would cheer for, ex: the Lions. I love the game of football. I don't just watch the TEXANS, I watch it all. Every week I find as much pleasure as I do disappointment. If my team can't win, then I sure as hell hope someone else knocks off my most hated teams!lol It's a game I chose to invest in many years ago. I will NEVER let it go!!

SOOO, next weekend I will be watching my 8y/o grandson play in HIS superbowl! For once in my life I will find myself screaming for the Cowboys, even though they will be decked out in orange and white. I'll continue to console my oldest grandson because his football team sucked this year and his season is over. I'll get up Sunday morning and wonder what TEXAN team will show up to play the hated Titans. I'll have faith that it will be the one I am most proud of. If not, Monday will be a new day and I'll start making plans for TB. That's just the way it is with me. I'm a TEXAN fan for life! At my age I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see my favorite team in the playoffs, lets not even mention the SB. Regardless, I'll hang in there through it all, and hope that SOMEDAY they will make me proud that I did!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read