Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2007   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm about done with this

Like TexanSam said, Bye. It's frustrating but no.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #22
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I'm about done with talking people off of the ledge.

Hell. If you're going to jump, then Jump! Quit threatening and do it!
I'll second that.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
You had me until you said Bud Adams was a winner.

One Super Bowl appearance (I say it was purely accidental) does not a winner make.

Bud Adams is exactly what you accuse McNair of being. Always has been and always will be.
I would say that having Steve McNair, Eddie George, and the rest of that bunch was a direct reflection of Bud wanting to win badly. And then there's Jeff Fisher, who just claws his way to a win more than any other Texans coach WE have had around here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bud is a pure genius...but he has exhibited, IMO, at least some sort of football rationale and reasoning over the course of his ownership of the Oilers and Titans.

Bob McNair, to me, just looks like a guy who wanted a new pet. So you go down to the shelter and adopt one, then you run up to PetsMart and buy some food, a leash, and a few squeaky toys for the new dog. But he's just a cute little mut with not real purpose. He's a lap dog.

This angers a lot of you because you take it personally, as if I am attacking YOUR team. Well, this is my team, too. I rallied around David Carr for the vast majority of his duration here. And when I came around on it, I saw how blindingly loyal McNair had been to David...and things just starting "clicking" as it's related to how Bob runs this team.

Hiring Rick Smith (the GM) was a great move. He's made some solid draft choices and some heads-up roster moves. Not so sure about Kubiak. Like I said earlier, Kubiak has us playing FUNDAMENTALLY better than Capers did...but I don't see him outwitting other coaches. Do any of you?
Old 11-25-2007   #24
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Man the Texans are taking some of us on a rollercoaster ride we haven't been on in a while.

Last week things were totally different. "WOW MARIO IS A BEAST OMG!" and "YOU SEE OUR OFFENSE, NO ONE CAN STOP OUR PASSING ATTACK!"

Now its "Offense sucks, defense, sucks, we just suck, get over it."

We need to chill out here a bit. As for McNair not caring...hell the guy cried when we beat the Colts last year, even I didn't do that. He's trying guys, you are acting like its easy to build a championship football team. If it were than every team would have championships by now. Its not that easy.

McNair is willing to stay with Kubes a bit longer to see how and if he makes progress. Its not even Kubes I am worried about, its the coordinators.

Smith the GM has bought in a lot of good young talent and every time guys talk about the Texans they talk about our young defense and our pass attack.

Did we have a bad game today. Yeah, but we are not going to play great football every week...that is what GREAT football teams do and we are not there yet.

When everybody saw us in the playoff hunt everyone got a little ecstatic. I remember people saying "No matter if we win or lose at least we are in it." well we lost and some people are having fits. I said some things about the playoffs I said "I just hope we win 8 games" and "I just hope we don't play the Pats."

With that said, I am really impressed with our new FO.
Mario IS a playmaker, and he is getting better every week. Any one see the kid split a double team today, I think he did it twice but for sure I saw him do it once. DeMeco never fails us. Dunta we know about, Fred Bennett is a solid #2. We need a playmaker playing outsilde LB and a safety that can cover.

On offense we need a LT that isn't named Salaam, A RB that can actually threaten the other team. We are just a few pieces away. We just gotta keep this team together.

They are a YOUNG team, they are not going to out each and every week and play good football. Also people should take a look at the standings...things can be MUCH worse. Some teams are going backwards, some teams just flat out suck, and we are just in the middle of it all.

I think we have tons of cap space the upcoming FA, so we'll see what happens. But look at the moves Smith has made, he's bringing in guys that can and will help this team out.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

TexanSam:

Wow. I don't have the ability to reply to the insane amount of replies you had made to my post...nor do I have the time (yawn)...but I will say this, because I feel strongly about it:

There's not a salary cap on coaching staff.

THUS...why can we only get Richard Smith, a has-been, for defensive coordinator? And be told that he's the BEST guy for the job.

You'd do yourself a favor if you stopped and acknowledged that McNair has not spent a proper amount of money, keeping up with NFL standards, to get the B-E-S-T coaching staff he could get.

This is the main foundational argument I have to support my claim(s) that we have a show-pony owner.

I'm waiting for the day when Rick Smith approaches McNair and forces Bob to once-and-for-all throw in the towel and let Rick Smith go out and BUILD a genuine team from top-to-bottom.

And I think we're looking at a day when Rick Smith has to axe Kubiak, and I know Kubiak will be OK with it. Rick Smith is the hidden gem out of all the personnel we have.

Sorry if this analysis doesn't help any of you FEEL better about the team we have right now. I got tired of FEELINGS when we were unable to unload David Carr for even a 7th round pick.

I call it like I see it: McNair needs to let Rick Smith build this team, and he needs to SPEND some money on both players AND on coaches.
Old 11-25-2007   #26
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

One reason fans get so up and down on the Texans is that they see the exceptional Texans performance (such as last week against the Saints) as the level the Texans are at. That isn't true; that type of performance is the the exception. The performance we saw today is more indicative of where the Texans are at - they consistently play that way.
Old 11-25-2007   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
TexanSam:

Wow. I don't have the ability to reply to the insane amount of replies you had made to my post...nor do I have the time (yawn)...but I will say this, because I feel strongly about it:

There's not a salary cap on coaching staff.

THUS...why can we only get Richard Smith, a has-been, for defensive coordinator? And be told that he's the BEST guy for the job.

You'd do yourself a favor if you stopped and acknowledged that McNair has not spent a proper amount of money, keeping up with NFL standards, to get the B-E-S-T coaching staff he could get.

This is the main foundational argument I have to support my claim(s) that we have a show-pony owner.

I'm waiting for the day when Rick Smith approaches McNair and forces Bob to once-and-for-all throw in the towel and let Rick Smith go out and BUILD a genuine team from top-to-bottom.

And I think we're looking at a day when Rick Smith has to axe Kubiak, and I know Kubiak will be OK with it. Rick Smith is the hidden gem out of all the personnel we have.

Sorry if this analysis doesn't help any of you FEEL better about the team we have right now. I got tired of FEELINGS when we were unable to unload David Carr for even a 7th round pick.

I call it like I see it: McNair needs to let Rick Smith build this team, and he needs to SPEND some money on both players AND on coaches.
And by the way:

When I made this same analysis last year, around this same time, almost EVERY board member here was bashing me.

Now? Well, let's just say that I make the SAME argument(s) here for the past few weeks, and there's a lot less people berating me for it. I would have had 45 angry replies by now (when I did this last year). But now, there's a pretty small amount of you guys who are attempting to call me on it.

More people are beginning to see the progression over the past 6 years:

1. McNair brings NFL back to Houston: Yay!

2. Carr made the first pick: Yay!

3. Capers and Texans begin to tank: Get a new coach.

4. Kubiak will help David be a good QB: Yay!

5. David stinks even with Kubiak's help: Get a new QB.

6. Schaub wins first two games: Yay!

7. Schaub and entire team look mediocre ever since: Hmmmm....

Maybe the next step here is for our owner to just completely let a GM do his job: Manage the team's personnel. I understand that it is hard for McNair to do this after the Casserly debacle...who could blame him?

But he needs to see the improvement that Rick Smith has brought. He is a very very smart guy. He gets things done.

But the coaching staff is behind, IMO. I don't know how you remedy this. But I would bet that Rick Smith does. Of course, this is assuming that McNair would spend the money necessary to get good players AND good coaches.

Kubiak MIGHT be a good coach, but I don;t know if we'll know for sure if he doesn't have better assistants around him. Of course, this is what we theorized when Capers was fired and we wondered of Carr was bad or if it was all the coaches fault. See what I mean?

We just have been shafted, royally, when it comes to assitants. That's my opinion, and I could care if you disagree.
Old 11-25-2007   #28
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Houston sports fan I've been through much worse. This doesn't even register on the what-am-I-doing-here-O-meter.
Showtime100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #29
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Now. I can buy the assistant coach problem. I believe there is an element of truth to it.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #30
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
One reason fans get so up and down on the Texans is that they see the exceptional Texans performance (such as last week against the Saints) as the level the Texans are at. That isn't true; that type of performance is the the exception. The performance we saw today is more indicative of where the Texans are at - they consistently play that way.
Exactly.

I wasn't thrilled with our Saints victory.

I knew it was an anomaly.

So for those who sit around here and say that we just need to have more faith...take a deep breath and realize that we are missing wayyyyy too many ingredients to be considered just a few steps away from being good.

The coaching staff has THIS season and NEXT season, IMO. Rick Smith is spoon feeding Kubiak a lot of talent, IMO. Let's see what he and his staff do with it. Thus far, I'm underwhelmed.
Old 11-25-2007   #31
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

There needs to be a mindset change here. We've been watching poor play for 6 years, but when Kubiak took over - he basically started from the beginning. It isn't as if he inherited the talent Wade Phillips did.

I try to think of this as year 2 and if you look at it that way, we aren't doing so badly.

We are better this year than last. If we keep on keeping on - we'll get there sooner rather than later. I hope.

I'm not giving up yet, but I can understand those that do. Six years is a long time to have your heart broken every Sunday.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Richard Smith was THE best we could get for D-Coordinator?

Just stop and think about it for a second.

Bob's Texans team is profitable. IIRC, the Colts spent all but a few bucks of their cap money. Peyton re-negotiated to help out. Those guys had a top-to-bottom (and everywhere in-between) mentality of doing EVERYTHING it took to win the Super Bowl.

Bill Cowher cried and trembled when he handed the Lombardi trophy to the owner. The old man smiled. He had been there before, and he wanted to get back there every year.

Do you FEEL that from Bob McNair? I see a guy who has done just enough. But I don;t think, from what I have seen, that McNair is the type of guy who eats, sleeps, and breathes NFL football.

Love him or hate him, but Jerry Jones wants to win.

And I suspect that a few around here are beginning to catch onto that same attitude--We're tired of being a nicely pressed jersey, a clean cut crew of do-gooders.

We're ready to destroy people. Winning a game, then losing a game, and then winning a game, and then losing two games, etc., is just getting to be too much for a lot of the people around here who had (and might STILL) buy into what we're being asked to support.

I hear, supposedly, that we'll have a ton of free'd up cap space for players this next offseason. Well, I'll believe it when I see it. We should see MASSIVE upgrades in a few areas, which would be DB and OL and COACHING ASSISTANTS (IMO) and then a reliable, young RB.

And remember: Bobby McNairly CAN spend an indefinite amount of money, at any point, on any coaching position he feels would warrant the spending. There's no CAP on coaching salaries.
Old 11-25-2007   #33
Baga21
Rookie

fact: We got beat (not blown out) by a probable AFC playoff team on the road.

I agree, the O looked off today and OD needs to hold on to the damn ball, but the fact of the matter is we played tough and got beat by a good offensive team on a major role to the playoffs.

on to the next game...
Baga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #34
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Bob is a P.R. man. He cares about image, and he's put together a team that looks good (nice logo, nice facilities, etc.). But he's not going to spend the money it takes to really and truly get us over the top.
In a league where you have something called a salary cap, he couldn't throw more money at it if he wanted to.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #35
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's allow a 24hr cool down period. I was ready to break stuff too!
Old 11-25-2007   #36
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Houston fans are just frustrated. Our last hope was the Rockets and then they decide to go on a 6 game losing streak.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #37
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
6 years of "keep your head up and quit panicking every time they lose" has me just about ready to walk away. As a matter of fact I think that's exactly where I am. Screw this mess. I've watched 115 games of almost exclusively bad football and I'm tired of it.

Honestly I'd rather watch no football at all than watch consistently bad football with no end in sight. The Texans are institutionally ignorant (still), poorly coached (still), loaded with physical specimens lacking genuine football skills (still), and despite improved statistical performances don't look any better as a group than they did in 2003 or 2004.

I'm not upset about the loss. I know many of you might not believe that but I trust that the posters who know me do. I'm upset about the way we lost and the way we continue to lose. I'm upset about a the damned turnover factory that Gary Kubiak seems to be running on double-shifts. I'm upset about the defense that can't get off the field when it needs to or stop a running back, or pressure a QB. I'm upset about the slugs we've wasted picks on and about the picks we didn't make when the player was right in front of our noses. I'm upset about the free agents we've signed and the ones we passed on who went on to play well for other teams.

I'm upset about our identity-less offense that seems to always be one play away from shooting itself in the foot. I'm sick of the Mike & Gary show and how they consistently go for 5 yards when we need 8. I'm sick of the poorly timed gimmicks and the apologies as Gary Kubiak thumps the podium while telling us all that "x" was (or wasn't) working and that it was his fault that they went away from it (or stuck with it too long).

Gary Kubiak is Hugh Campbell wearing a Butthead mask. Gary Kubiak is clearly in far over his head.

I think I'm done caring for the year. I'm getting close to being done caring at all. I don't like getting this upset on Sundays. I was a happier person having happier weekends before Bob McNair decided to play football owner (badly).
I've been around here as long as you have, Herv. I understand where you're coming from. Watching any Texans football game is an exercise in frustration, certainly not any form of relaxing entertainment. Instead, it's a stress filled chore.

There have been many times where I wished there was a switch I could throw to make me instantly not care, not be a fan of this wretched team. That way I could just go back to just watching a good football game on Sundays, like back when we didn't have a team. I was relaxing, fun entertainment back then. I miss those days.

But I'm hooked. There's no switch I can throw. (believe me, I'd throw it if I could) And you're hooked too, Herv. So, until the day ever arrives where the team does eventually put a winner on the field, you're gonna suffer just like me.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosh I mean 6 years, we should've already had a 4 year dynasty already!

If any of you "fans" that are spouting off the giving up crap have season tickets I'll gladly take them off your hands. I mean, that's the only reason you're trying to tell me, a Texans homer, that we suck. You just want somebody to give your tickets to right? Because I mean, if you don't have tickets to give me, then I really don't care what you're reasoning is on why we suck, unless you're going to have a good discussion on X's and O's.

This is why I value Vinny's (even though I might not agree with it) opinion, and Texans_Chick opinion more than most others on this board. Because they actually give a good discussion on the flaws and strengths of the players and the coaching involved. Saying that you're done because Bob McNair, or Gary Kubiak, or Rick Smith or whoever hired some defensive coordinator rather than some other defensive coordinator just seems extremely whiny to me.

I know we're always going to have our flaws, and jumping up and down and screaming trying to convince a faceless person on the internet that their team sucks worse than any other team has sucked in the history of the game, just seems overreactive and really adds nothing to the discussion of football that I thought was supposed to happen around here.

Stop being dramatic and just go quietly if you want to go, but otherwise, why not discuss who you would like to see as a DC, or what players sound good to be added in free agency, etc etc. Saying "These guys suck and I won't be a fan anymore, just you watch! I'm leaving! Hey! Pay attention to me!" just seems excessively dramaqueen-ish.

We get enough of this sort of trash on the sports radio shows, I figured you guys would be above that.
Old 11-25-2007   #39
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
6 years of "keep your head up and quit panicking every time they lose" has me just about ready to walk away. As a matter of fact I think that's exactly where I am. Screw this mess. I've watched 115 games of almost exclusively bad football and I'm tired of it.

Honestly I'd rather watch no football at all than watch consistently bad football with no end in sight. The Texans are institutionally ignorant (still), poorly coached (still), loaded with physical specimens lacking genuine football skills (still), and despite improved statistical performances don't look any better as a group than they did in 2003 or 2004.

I'm not upset about the loss. I know many of you might not believe that but I trust that the posters who know me do. I'm upset about the way we lost and the way we continue to lose. I'm upset about a the damned turnover factory that Gary Kubiak seems to be running on double-shifts. I'm upset about the defense that can't get off the field when it needs to or stop a running back, or pressure a QB. I'm upset about the slugs we've wasted picks on and about the picks we didn't make when the player was right in front of our noses. I'm upset about the free agents we've signed and the ones we passed on who went on to play well for other teams.

I'm upset about our identity-less offense that seems to always be one play away from shooting itself in the foot. I'm sick of the Mike & Gary show and how they consistently go for 5 yards when we need 8. I'm sick of the poorly timed gimmicks and the apologies as Gary Kubiak thumps the podium while telling us all that "x" was (or wasn't) working and that it was his fault that they went away from it (or stuck with it too long).

Gary Kubiak is Hugh Campbell wearing a Butthead mask. Gary Kubiak is clearly in far over his head.

I think I'm done caring for the year. I'm getting close to being done caring at all. I don't like getting this upset on Sundays. I was a happier person having happier weekends before Bob McNair decided to play football owner (badly).
I'm not trying to talk anybody off a ledge or anything like that, and I'm certainly not going to stop watching or caring or whatever. I'm just posting because I have to agree with a whole lot of this post. I'm tired of losing. It's been 6 years of losing. Hell, it's been 14 years since this city had a football team that didn't lose.

115 football games, of which the Texans have won just 37.

I don't want to be the Cardinals. I'm tired of losing.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #40
austintexanite
All Pro

I have been a fan since day one and I will continue to be one. I see massive progress since last year, and despite today's loss, we are still on schedule to have a .500 record. In my eyes, we are improving and I will continue to support them. I'm not saying that I don't get frustrated or have doubts with coaching and playcalling, but I believe that kubiak has done a good job with what he has inherited. If we beat the team that were the Oilers, three of our last four games are at home and can still pull out a very respectable record. In my opinion, we didn't use enough play action today, and Cleveland's secondary had a good day. Schaub didn't play well today, but I believe that he has played well for the season. The team has improved in Kubes two years, and I believe we will continue to improve.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read