Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2007   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm about done with this

6 years of "keep your head up and quit panicking every time they lose" has me just about ready to walk away. As a matter of fact I think that's exactly where I am. Screw this mess. I've watched 115 games of almost exclusively bad football and I'm tired of it.

Honestly I'd rather watch no football at all than watch consistently bad football with no end in sight. The Texans are institutionally ignorant (still), poorly coached (still), loaded with physical specimens lacking genuine football skills (still), and despite improved statistical performances don't look any better as a group than they did in 2003 or 2004.

I'm not upset about the loss. I know many of you might not believe that but I trust that the posters who know me do. I'm upset about the way we lost and the way we continue to lose. I'm upset about a the damned turnover factory that Gary Kubiak seems to be running on double-shifts. I'm upset about the defense that can't get off the field when it needs to or stop a running back, or pressure a QB. I'm upset about the slugs we've wasted picks on and about the picks we didn't make when the player was right in front of our noses. I'm upset about the free agents we've signed and the ones we passed on who went on to play well for other teams.

I'm upset about our identity-less offense that seems to always be one play away from shooting itself in the foot. I'm sick of the Mike & Gary show and how they consistently go for 5 yards when we need 8. I'm sick of the poorly timed gimmicks and the apologies as Gary Kubiak thumps the podium while telling us all that "x" was (or wasn't) working and that it was his fault that they went away from it (or stuck with it too long).

Gary Kubiak is Hugh Campbell wearing a Butthead mask. Gary Kubiak is clearly in far over his head.

I think I'm done caring for the year. I'm getting close to being done caring at all. I don't like getting this upset on Sundays. I was a happier person having happier weekends before Bob McNair decided to play football owner (badly).
Old 11-25-2007   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: I'm about done with this

I'm about done with talking people off of the ledge.

Hell. If you're going to jump, then Jump! Quit threatening and do it!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I really understand where you are coming from. Having spent thousands of dollars to keep watching losing teams has been difficult to stomach. That being said, we are making improvements and stand at 5-6. If we lose next week to the Titans, then you should make the plunge...
Old 11-25-2007   #4
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope McNair goes bankrupt for putting this crap on the field. You don't know **** about football or what it takes to win. Sell it or learn how to win. Get an actual coach that can put together an actual team, that can win games.

And stop it with the goodie boys only club. WE"RE SOFT, GET SOME ***HOLE THAT WANT TO HURT PEOPLE. THIS IS FOOTBALL, NOT GOLF! SHHHESSSSSHH
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #5
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm not upset about the loss. I know many of you might not believe that but I trust that the posters who know me do. I'm upset about the way we lost and the way we continue to lose.
Quoted for emphasis. It's not upsetting that we lose, it's how we lose.

We lose winnable games that were ours for the taking. We're past talent issues (though we could use more talent) and we're now still, most of the way through year six, looking primarily at coaching issues, albeit slightly more palatable than the Capers recipe. Kubiak is a major improvement but like Capers it seems he is letting his assistant goons run this franchise back into the ground.

I like your reference to an "identity crisis" and our team consistently being on the edge of one horrible play away from a meltdown (my paraphrase.) When Owen Daniels caught that crossing route today I sensed the fumble before the tackler even entered the screen. We're three-quarters of the way through the season and I still am on the edge of my seat throughout the entire game wondering when Schaub will throw some freakout pass into triple coverage or five yards short of his receiver. Our defense puts together magnificent, "top 5" stretches and then goes practice squad on us for entire quarters. We succeed with aggression and then go back to ten straight soft zone calls.

I try to maintain the perspective that Texans football is merely entertainment and the day it is no longer entertaining is the day I will stop watching it (same reason I should give up fantasy football.) Sundays are precious and I spend too much of them being irritated. I try to remember that I'm not a player and that I have no responsibility for our performance come game time except to enjoy it or change the channel.

But it's tough to be excited about Texans football when I think like that and I want to be excited about it. I spent, for the first time this year, the entire Sunday watching NFL football.

I'm not asking for Capersball but that was often less emotionally challenging. No matter what the national media thought, it felt like the Texans were heavy underdogs in virtually every contest. You don't feel as bad watching a blowout loss because we never had any business winning half of them any way. This year's Texans are different--good enough to contend in enough phases of the game, just not consistent enough to get it done against teams that fail to suicide themselves.

We're "close" but I'd like to know when we'll be "there."
Old 11-25-2007   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have confidence in the defense and like you Jerek, I never feel safe.. not with the secondary we have (with injuries and all) along with our Defensive coaches. I never was impressed with them.. even with a lead I am nervous, because secondary stinks and with that we can't get safety help to put 8 in the box if needed to be.

I am really hoping we get an identity like Herv said..because this Kubiak-Sherman thing...we need someone to take hold of what we want on offense

with Smith -Bush thing.. same as above

too many chiefs not enough indians
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have any confidence in the defense. They really don't put any pressure on the Qb when it counts.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2007   #8
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10689 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

We won 2 out of the last 3 games, we are 5-6. What more did you expect? Cleveland is a good team and they got the better of us today. This lost hurts but its not one to be calling for coaches and players heads.

Soo go for it! Stop supporting The Texans rite when they start turning things around. I am sticking behind my team no matter what!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoy the offseason much more now . I like the historical figures draft , the mock drafts , the real draft . The season is just something we have to endure to get to the real fun .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I see progress, and that's good enough for me.

However, if you've had it, then being a fan of a team probably was never in the cards for you.
Old 11-25-2007   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm....Indians playing football. We need more Indians.

I think we need a new quota.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Bye. Maybe I can take your seats at Reliant

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #13
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I see progress, and that's good enough for me.

However, if you've had it, then being a fan of a team probably was never in the cards for you.
We get one of these rants everytime the Texans lose on here, no big deal. He's just blowing off steam.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair is running this team for profit, not to win it all.

We are not New England, nor Indy, nor Pittsburgh. Those teams have owners who will mortgage their own house if they need to.

Bob is a P.R. man. He cares about image, and he's put together a team that looks good (nice logo, nice facilities, etc.). But he's not going to spend the money it takes to really and truly getus over the top.

I have come full circle on Jerry Jones and Bud Adams. I used to hate those two guys, but within the past few months...I have come to actually admire them. They will do whatever it takes to get it done: They CRAVE to be a winner.

Bob is the nice grandfather who spends his afternoons in the back yard trimming the hedge, and then heads into the house for a sip of lemonade and a nice sit on the couch to catch the Cubs game as he gently falls asleep for an afternoon nap under the whirring of the air conditioner.

No PASSION. He doesn't need to win in the NFL to feel as though he's complete or "whole." He's done his job already. Now we all just show up and cheer for our team. And he sits in the luxury booth with Texas dignitaries and shoots the breeze as they watch his hobby out on the field.

Like I have been saying: We're the L.A. Clippers of the NFL.

I suspect Kubiak will have this year, and the next. But I think the gig (no pun intended) will be up after next year. The biggest error on Kubiak is that he doesn't have a quality staff around him to help him win games. I think he's potentially a good coach if he had the same caliber of coaches around him.

But...that'll never happen. When you see Richard Smith as being tabbed "THE GUY" when we were rebuilding, you shoulda' known it was over.

1. I haven't bought the Richard Smith deal. And never will.

2. I didn't buy the Ahman Green deal, and it looks like I'm right (again).

3. I DID buy the Schaub deal, but now I'm having doubts.

The passing game has improved, but at the expense of just almost completely abandoning the concept of the run game. It's as if Kubiak thinks that the passing game is "it" and that the run game is just a side-show attraction that we don't need to have in order to really win some games.

That's all I got in terms as to WHY we have a bad oline and a bad set of RBs. The run game has looked like a joke since Kubiak got here. No wonder he was rooting for DD to get better. No wonder he waited until the last minute to see if DD would be able to make it with us. I think Kubiak knows that he doesn't know how to operate a run game.

Does anyone on our coaching staff have any run game expertise? I just love all these empty-backfield sets we run. Gee, let me guess what the defense will do...rush Schaub and sack him? Prolly so. Or, they just drop back in a shallow zone and bat the pass away. Or they wait for Owen Daniels to catch it and fumble it.

I feel your pain, Herv. This is a Dr. Jerkyll and Mr. Hyde team.
Old 11-25-2007   #15
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

We are not New England, nor Indy, nor Pittsburgh. Those teams have owners who will mortgage their own house if they need to.

Bob is a P.R. man. He cares about image, and he's put together a team that looks good (nice logo, nice facilities, etc.). But he's not going to spend the money it takes to really and truly getus over the top.

I have come full circle on Jerry Jones and Bud Adams. I used to hate those two guys, but within the past few months...I have come to actually admire them. They will do whatever it takes to get it done: They CRAVE to be a winner.

Bob is the nice grandfather who spends his afternoons in the back yard trimming the hedge, and then heads into the house for a sip of lemonade and a nice sit on the couch to catch the Cubs game as he gently falls asleep for an afternoon nap under the whirring of the air conditioner.

No PASSION. He doesn't need to win in the NFL to feel as though he's complete or "whole." He's done his job already. Now we all just show up and cheer for our team. And he sits in the luxury booth with Texas dignitaries and shoots the breeze as they watch his hobby out on the field.

I suspect Kubiak will have this year, and the next. But I think the gig (no pun intended) will be up after next year. The biggest error on Kubiak is that he doesn't have a quality staff around him to help him win games. I think he's potentially a good coach if he had the same caliber of coaches around him.

But...that'll never happen. When you see Richard Smith as being tabbed "THE GUY" when we were rebuilding, you shoulda' known it was over.

The passing game has improved, but at the expense of just almost completely abandoning the concept of the run game. It's as if Kubiak thinks that the passing game is "it" and that the run game is just a side-show attraction that we don't need to have in order to really win some games.

That's all I got in terms as to WHY we have a bad oline and a bad set of RBs. The run game has looked like a joke since Kubiak got here. No wonder he was rooting for DD to get better. No wonder he waited until the last minute to see if DD would be able to make it with us. I think Kubiak knows that he doesn't know how to operate a run game.

Does anyone on our coaching staff have any run game expertise? I just love all these empty-backfield sets we run. Gee, let me guess what the defense will do...rush Schaub and sack him? Prolly so. Or, they just drop back in a shallow zone and bat the pass away. Or they wait for Owen Daniels to catch it and fumble it.

That doesn't make sense at all. If he was just in it for the money, wouldn't he had drafted Reggie Bush or Vince Young? He wasn't going to make alot of money picking by Mario Williams.

The guy just doesn't know what the heck hes doing.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #16
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

You had me until you said Bud Adams was a winner.

One Super Bowl appearance (I say it was purely accidental) does not a winner make.

Bud Adams is exactly what you accuse McNair of being. Always has been and always will be.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not as gloom and doom on that

I think Schaub will be ok with this offense as time goes and the more he knows, I am good with the receivers we have, Daniels needs to hold on to the ball

OL... got to get a LT and a center(long in tooth)

Rb--dayne doesn't fumble the ball(that is all I can say), we need to see some speed at that position

defensively-still working kinks out of switching from 3-4 to 4-3

no pressure, we need to get someone in here to get these young guys developed (just never have been upbeat about the defensive coaching staff esp with all the youth movement that we have had on the defensive side of the ball)

secondary we got to get some safeties

we need to get healthy as a team!!!

we are heading in the right direction but we have many holes to fill
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #18
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario cost the least of the 3

You can't expect a team to win when it has a total of one offensive weapon (AJ) in the whole history of the team.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #19
jaybird
Veteran

Just chimming in... I thought the Texans played well today. I was EXTERMLY surprised to see them get a sack on the Browns.... the Browns entire turn around this year has been their offensive line. They have one of the best lines in the league this year which has given Anderson time to throw the ball. I didn't expect any sacks today.

In terms of the offense.... unfortunatly for the Texans they caught the Browns on a day that they wanted to have their best game defensively. The rookie McDonald played out of his mind this week. I thought with E. Wright being out that the Cleveland DBs would get lit up... but McDonald played the game of his life. I thought with these two teams it would come down to a shoot out and who ever had the ball last would win. Unfortunatly for the Texans the Browns defense played their best game of the year.

The Texans are on the right road. They've had some injuries that have really hurt them... and honestly with the way Cleveland has been playing, especially at home, I thought that the Texans were going to have to play an outstanding game to win today. Texans still have a chance to get to 8-8 which is what I was predicting prior to the season.
Old 11-25-2007   #20
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is a salary cap in football. It's not as if McNair can spend $300 million to get the best talent available. It's the GM and coaches who choose which players to be on this team, not McNair

Quote:

I'm not sure how you can judge the entire coaching staff. So if we had Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, and Chuck Noll all on our coaching staff they would magically be able to make our running game better? I had no idea they were gods.

Quote:
Schaub has been the starter for the Texans for 11 games. If you're having doubts about our new QB after less than half a season then you have an extremely short leash. I'm guessing he was supposed to make the Pro Bowl this season right?

Quote:
Ron Dayne is good in spurts but he's not a quality NFL running back. Ahman Green is hurt and isn't a quality NFL running back. Echimandu isn't a quality NFL running back. Darius Walker is an unproven commodity. He's a rookie who came out early then went undrafted. Chances are he probably won't be a quality NFL running back. So what kind of running game are they really supposed to have? How are we supposed to muster up 100+ yards a game with the squad we have now?

Quote:
When Kubiak and Smith took over, they took over a disaster of a team. The Texans had holes on the defensive line, linebacker, cornerback, safety, quarterback, running back, wide reciever, tight end, and probably a couple of other positions. In two years, are they supposed to fill all those holes? I think they've done a pretty darn good job in filling some of them, but in no way are we complete.

Quote:
You're making it sound as if Schaub has been sacked as much as Carr was. He hasn't and our offensive line play has improved this year with an improved quarterback. And I'd say our passing game has been pretty decent as a whole with what they've had to work with (no running game, Andre Johnson missing 7 games).

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read