Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-25-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 random thoughts from Week 12

1. I honestly don't know what to say with regards to our game versus the Brownies today. I've been disappointed by our guys before, but I felt like there might be some follow through from last week's dominating win against the Saints. Uh, no. We were pretty bad on offense. We were unimpressive on defense. Special teams were alright, but it sucks when "special teams were alright" is about the most exciting thing you can say after your team plays.

2. Tom Coughlin's butt is probably starting to feel warm as his Giants appear to be trying to repeat their pattern from year's past: start off hot, then crater in the second half of the season. They got roughed up by Dallas 2 weeks ago, won a close game in Detroit, then got pwned by Minnesota today. They're now 7-4 and their starting RB and Mathias Kiwanuka are both nicked up. Manning throws four picks (three were pick-sixes) and you have to wonder if those "Here we go again..." thoughts might not be creeping in to that locker room.

3. Last week, Jason Campbell drives the Redskins to the Cowboy's red zone for a chance to win the game. He throws a pick. This week, Jason Campbell drives the Redskins to the Bucs red zone for a chance to win the game. He throws a pick. Ouch. Just ouch.

4. I know Mario is showing some improvement but, as a fan, it's hard to watch him get taken completely out of a running play by Kellen Winslow, Jr. Winslow is giving up nearly 45 pounds to the big man, but I watched him singlehandedly drive Mario off of the los. Ugh.

5. David Carr's efforts to personally vindicate our decision to swap him for Matt Schaub continue. While Schaub looked really shaky today, Carr was downright pitiful. Against a Saints passing D that we shredded last week, Carr went 10 of 22 for 95 yards and 2 picks. Oh, and the obligatory sack. He was ultimately benched for Matt Moore. Me, I'm beginning to think that Carr may be completely out of the league at the end of the season.

6. Apparently Denver's special teams coaches didn't get the memo advising them not to kick to Devin Hester. Hester had a punt return and a kick return for a TD today. Conversely, Sauerbrun and the Denver coaches look like complete tools because without even one of Hester's returns, Denver wins that game.

7. I've got RB envy. Other teams lose their starters and they keep their ground game going. Denver went from Travis Henry to Selvin Young and now their on some practice squad guy from last year. Oh, and their still running the ball successfully. The Vikings lose AD and put Chester Taylor in. The Giants lose Brandon Jacobs and make their running game work with Rueben Droughns and Dedrick Ward. We, on the other hand, lose Ahman Green and then have Ron Dayne, Itchy, and a Klingon. Now, I will say that I'm thankful for how Dayne has done in the past two weeks - I honestly didn't think that he had it in him. I can still envy the other teams, though, that can run the ball with their starter out.

8. If Echemandu fumbles once and we never see him again, why is it that we don't see OD on the pine for some of his recent fumbles?

9. I scratched my head in the offseason when the Bears let Thomas Jones leave for the J-E-T-S! jets! jets! jets! Benson always seemed to run soft, kind of like a smaller Ron Dayne. From where I'm sitting, Benson appears to have failed to turn into that bell-cow RB and he finished the Denver game with his foot in an air cast. Now the Bears will have to roll with Garrett Wolfe (who appears to be about 5'2" and 97 pounds) and Adrian Peterson v1.0 until Benson can get healthy. Meanwhile Thomas Jones keeps on truckin' in NYJ, even with little support from the QB position.

10. Eagles v. Pats tonight. I can't even make myself watch it. My wife asked who was playing tonight and, when I told her, she said "The Pats have made it where they're not even fun to watch anymore." I tend to agree. Maybe I'll just go help clean up the kitchen.... *EDIT* The Iggles are making a game of it. The kitchen can wait. I'm going to cheer on AJ Feely and the Walrus.

Last edited by drewmar74; 11-25-2007 at 08:11 PM.
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 random thoughts from Week 12

Feeley looks great. rooting like hell for 'em.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Feeley isn't just looking decent, he's the best player on the field tonight. good lord.
Old 11-25-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah and what was Randy Moss saying in the intros?

did I hear that right Ran university?
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #5
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

1) If you kick the ball out of bounds, Chicago gets the ball at the 40. For the way they played for most of the game, until the Denver D took an early flight out of Chicago, there wasn't much Chicago was going to do with it from there = Denver win.

2) You let the play clock run out on the winning 27 yard FG in OT, then you miss it on the 32 yard retry. That's why you're the Cardinals and will never ever win.

3) So much for the worst defense in football. They freaking blanket AJ and had Schaub trying to force things. He's lucky he didn't come away with a couple of more picks.

4) MEMO TO OFFICIALS - When a QB runs 2 yards across the line of scrimmage and throws a forward pass, THAT IS ILLEGAL!!! Just like the lineman who crossed the LOS on a pass play ON THE VERY NEXT PLAY that you freaking got right!!!!??

5)
Quote:
I've got RB envy. Other teams lose their starters and they keep their ground game going. Denver went from Travis Henry to Selvin Young and now their on some practice squad guy from last year. Oh, and their still running the ball successfully. The Vikings lose AD and put Chester Taylor in. The Giants lose Brandon Jacobs and make their running game work with Rueben Droughns and Dedrick Ward.
Don't forget that Smith guy in Kansas City rolling up 150 and 2 TD's.

6) Hmmm....with the run game shut down, and the defense taking the day off, I guess it's pretty hard for that "all he does is win" QB in Possum Holler to...uhh...win.

7) Where's everyone watching the Cowboys-Packers (stupid NFL Network) Thursday night, and can I join you?

8) Would Eli be having a better go of it had he not been a whiney baby about going to San Diego?

9) OK, so who laid the 22 points in the Sunday night game? And how come I haven't seen some old '72 Dolphin with a bottle of bubbly ready to pop on my tv yet?

10) If both win next week, are ya'll really ready for a Missouri-West Virginia title game?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

WVU/Mizzou will be amazing.

also the idea of a 22 point line against the Eagles is ridiculous.
Old 11-25-2007   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

VINCE YOUNG LOOKED GREAT!!! If you're a Bengals' fan! Ha haaaaa!

BECAUSE IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! WHERE YA AT? THERE YA GO! WHERE YA AT? THERE YA GO! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY! THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

anyone who thinks that is funny should be put to sleep.
Old 11-25-2007   #9
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
5. David Carr's efforts to personally vindicate our decision to swap him for Matt Schaub continue. While Schaub looked really shaky today, Carr was downright pitiful. Against a Saints passing D that we shredded last week, Carr went 10 of 22 for 95 yards and 2 picks. Oh, and the obligatory sack. He was ultimately benched for Matt Moore. Me, I'm beginning to think that Carr may be completely out of the league at the end of the season.
he was truly terrible today

I watched him a lot when I was living in Houston and never was impressed. Too many sacks. Poor decisions. Poor mobility. Errant throws.

We saw it all today.

He missed open receivers. He was easily hurried. He couldn't throw on this pathetic Saints secondary.

I mean, look what Jax's Gray did to us. Look at how we got shredded by y'all last week.

Carr is just plain awful.

I hope for the Saints' sake he stays in Carolina....
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120414 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
anyone who thinks that is funny should be put to sleep.
Hey, while watching Tennessee and Cinicinati...I couldn't STOP laughing! I find the fact that SOMEWHERE out there Bud Adams is unhappy...FUNNY LIKE A MUFF-HUGGA! So put me to sleep baby!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Hey, while watching Tennessee and Cinicinati...I couldn't STOP laughing! I find the fact that SOMEWHERE out there Bud Adams is unhappy...FUNNY LIKE A MUFF-HUGGA! So put me to sleep baby!
That was my one bright spot, the Cinnci score all day. What a tool. Wish we had em... And I know he isnt the only reason they are losing, but he is a reason.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read