Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-23-2007   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A&M vs Texas

GO AGGIES!!!! 4th quarter and Aggs kickin butt!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A&M vs Texas

I just posted this on another thread, but

Come join us at http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=187&f...&t=1484880&p=8

I'm geop84 there.
Old 11-23-2007   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Still just under three minutes left and it's not a done deal. 38-24 Giggies.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Done. 38-30 A&M. *yawn* I'm hungry.
Old 11-23-2007   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Now it is on to the basketball game. We are trying to fit dinner in here somewhere, we are celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary tonight. Two Aggie wins would be a great present. I'm pretty happy with the first one.
Old 11-23-2007   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe UT didn't show up.....with everything on the line, that's on Mack Brown for not having them ready or hungry enough or something. And we have to loose 2 years in a row
Old 11-23-2007   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Now it is on to the basketball game. We are trying to fit dinner in here somewhere, we are celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary tonight. Two Aggie wins would be a great present. I'm pretty happy with the first one.
22 years, wow. Happy Anniversary, GHF! (You can watch this stuff on your anniversary? You da MON! )
Old 11-23-2007   #9
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Gig 'em.

Rick
CO'90
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

COLLEGE STATION — Dennis Franchione resigned tonight as Texas A&M’s football coach in the wake of the Aggies’ 38-30 win over the Texas Longhorns.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5324447.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #11
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
COLLEGE STATION — Dennis Franchione resigned tonight as Texas A&M’s football coach in the wake of the Aggies’ 38-30 win over the Texas Longhorns.
WHOOP!!!!!

Hagar
Class of '96

Bring on Major Applewhite!!
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

so does this mean that Oklahoma has already clinched a spot in the conference title game?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
22 years, wow. Happy Anniversary, GHF! (You can watch this stuff on your anniversary? You da MON! )
I da WOMON. I'm the one who told my husband we had to cancel our dinner reservations and stay home tonight to watch the games. How do you think I've stayed happily married for 22 years?
Old 11-23-2007   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game and I must say that it was simply amazing. We squeezed 88,000+ into Kyle tonight, it was a record. The place was loud as hell and even though it was 42 degrees, I wasn't cold at all.

Great game by the Ags offensively. McGee made a few dumb throws, but oh well. They managed to score through the passing game repeatedly, and Texas didn't have an answer for it. It is almost as if they were in denial about how powerful our passing attack was (I sure was).

Defensively I have complaints about the late game. The first half was flawless, except for one huge catch and run by Charles. The later playcalling almost allowed Texas to come back on us. In spite of ourselves, we managed to hold them off.

All in all it was a great game and I expect to see it on ESPN Classic at some point. I knew the Ags had what it took to show up the Horns again. There's a Spirit can ne'er be told....
Old 11-23-2007   #15
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to the Ags not only for the win but also Coach Fran's resignation.
Old 11-24-2007   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

good win for ags too bad they saved it for one game
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I da WOMON. I'm the one who told my husband we had to cancel our dinner reservations and stay home tonight to watch the games. How do you think I've stayed happily married for 22 years?
Sorry about that!! Well, the empty side of the glass is a lucky man! How about some rep to you for my embarrassing mistake and as a ridiculously small anniversary present? Good for you guys.
Old 11-24-2007   #18
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
so does this mean that Oklahoma has already clinched a spot in the conference title game?

No, If Oklahoma losses they go into a three way tie with OK ST, and Texas. In that case the team with the highest BCS ranking will go to the Big !2 championship.
Old 11-24-2007   #19
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I can't believe UT didn't show up.....with everything on the line, that's on Mack Brown for not having them ready or hungry enough or something. And we have to loose 2 years in a row
They get cocky when they play us, Colt is 0-2 against the Fighting Texas Aggies. Thank god Vince Young is gone.

Gig'em
Old 11-24-2007   #20
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post

As much as I wanted to see him gone and couldnt help but think about how terrible he was, I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes.

He left with class and I appreciate that.

Bring on Spurrier!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read