Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2007   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I miss Jacoby Jones...

I loved it early on when he was a major threat on punt returns...y'all think he will ever regain that form? I sure hope so.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Re: I miss Jacoby Jones...

Your making it seem like he lost something that he can never get back again! Just be patient, he's got an entire career to break plenty of long punt returns.
Old 11-22-2007   #3
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to worry - his time will come. I'm betting he runs one back against Cleveland - he's about due.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to sound like a downer or anything but his punt returns during the preseason were against other teams back up special teamers. I'm a big Jacoby fan and can't wait until he breaks one open. I thought he was gone against the Colts but that dang punter had to try and strip the ball.

It seems like he's just a bit hesitant when he catches the ball but I expect for him to break a few long.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, he needs to get his "Happy" back and just let it fly. Probably happen in the offseason as time will fade the injury and he will just get back to playing. Very tentative right now IMO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #6
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Has nothing to do with preseason matchups, it's about attacking the wedge. Prior to his injury, he was catching the ball and in a dead sprint, now his catching the ball and searching for a hole (and doing it slowly) very Dayne like and not getting much out of it. Not that he can't break one off there, but he seems to have changed his approach after returning from the injury. Then again, he might just be worried about limiting the head to head contact, worring about hurting that shoulder again for a few more weeks.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

he does look tentative after the injury, I guess that's to be expected. I just want to see him succeed and be the firecracker he was in preseason and against Carolina and Indy...
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't want to sound like a downer or anything but his punt returns during the preseason were against other teams back up special teamers. I'm a big Jacoby fan and can't wait until he breaks one open. I thought he was gone against the Colts but that dang punter had to try and strip the ball.

It seems like he's just a bit hesitant when he catches the ball but I expect for him to break a few long.
Teams really don't have "back up" special teams, because most of the special teamers are already backups to begin with.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan View Post
I loved it early on when he was a major threat on punt returns...y'all think he will ever regain that form? I sure hope so.
I think so. He was close on Sunday to a big return. Hes slowly getting that swager back. And him not having to do too much on offense helps too. Good thing Davis and Walter picked it up so he concetrate on returning for now.
Old 11-23-2007   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

does anybody know why hes not doing kr's??... usually if a player is only doing one its only kr's because they cant reliably catch punts..
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #11
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

He has been disappointing, but in reality; it's only because he spoiled us in the preseason which, as someone mentioned, was against back up guys. He's a rookie and just needs to learn the ropes. He needs to learn to run vertically and hard, rather than dance around after getting the ball. He'll be okay.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #12
GTFan
Rookie

I think y'all are being a bit harsh on the rook. Jacoby does have the fifth best punt return average in the NFL (11.9 yards), which is higher than Cribbs (11.2).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2007
GTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

He does seem to be playing with a lot less aggressiveness since coming back from his injury. It's not only his punt returns either. I can't recall him even catching a ball as a WR since coming back. Maybe he has and I just don't remember, but it seemed like before they were throwing to him alot more and he was making outstanding catches and playing with a lot more fire.

Well, as they say, "time heals all wounds." I just hope he gets back to his old form soon. We need him to play like that in these last 6 games to give us a better chance to get to the playoffs. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ hears the footsteps of the punter...
Old 11-24-2007   #15
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

He just missed breaking one against the Saints. He is fine.
Old 11-24-2007   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss the one we saw in pre-season.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #17
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm still not convinced he was worth the pick. I'm waiting for him to do something really big outside of preseason. So far, I have not seen that flash that I've seen from Bennett and Okoye. But there is still time left for him to change my mind, so I look forward to it. What's interesting to me is how much of a depth problem the Texans had in Wide Receivers last offseason, especially when they lost Moulds. Now, it looks like receiver, like defensive line, is probably the deepest and most sound aspect of the Texans' game. If the Texans had a run game/secondary, they'd be pretty damn unstoppable.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #18
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
JJ hears the footsteps of the punter...
He sees number 17 on every opposing jersey.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

He is hestitating WAY too much when he gets the ball compared to earlier in the season. Being at a complete stop and flatfooted.

Marciano likes to have his guys have more of a slight forward momentum going into the catch, versus being at a complete stop, or back peddling after the catch.

Jones is due. We need to force more punts from deep in their territory.
Old 11-24-2007   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't want to sound like a downer or anything but his punt returns during the preseason were against other teams back up special teamers.
I don't know about that. He went downtown with the first touch the Houston Texans had in the Dallas game. The very first! This was in the first quarter. After we had shut them down 3 and out on their first drive. I'd think it'd be against the first teamers that early in the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read