Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Will the Patriots go 19-0 this season?
Yes 21 72.41%
No 8 27.59%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2007   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Poll: Will the Patriots go 19-0?

Just curious what the average NFL fan thinks. The Patriots are dominating teams and have a 10-0 record. But, they still have to win 9 more games for the magical 19-0 record and a place in history.

Will they do it? I think they can, but I don't think they will.
Old 11-21-2007   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: Will the Patriots go 19-0?

I figure they'll TANK at least one game late to rest people for the playoffs.
Old 11-21-2007   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
That's what the first round bye is for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #4
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I said yes they will in the hopes that this will jinx them. My real wish is for Miami to blow them out 80 - 0 in the final game of the season. With Miami having no previous wins and NE no losses. Wouldn't that be great?
Old 11-21-2007   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Wouldn't that be great?
That would be the stupidest thing ever. Let's DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I said yes they will in the hopes that this will jinx them. My real wish is for Miami to blow them out 80 - 0 in the final game of the season. With Miami having no previous wins and NE no losses. Wouldn't that be great?
The only problem with that is they don't play each other in the final game. The Patriots last game is @ Giants. Sorry dude.

I started a thread on this months ago, I am surprised you didn't see it DB. I think they will go 19-0.
Old 11-21-2007   #7
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I said no, if only because I am trying to sound rational. However, in reality, who's going to stop them? The Jets? The Dolphins? Their conference is pretty pathetic, as is most of their remaining schedule. If anyone's going to beat them, it'll be Pittsburgh...and I don't think they have enough in them beat the Pats. Any given Sunday, though.

Sig by False Start on #69

Last edited by adam; 11-22-2007 at 01:09 PM.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I started a thread on this months ago, I am surprised you didn't see it DB. I think they will go 19-0.
You know, it sounded familiar, but I couldn't find it! Sorry 'bout that, man. We can merge them if you want to.
Old 11-21-2007   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I don't think so. I think they're "on a mission from god" to borrow a line from Elwood Blues. They seem intent on taking every single game they play at full speed. It's worked well so far.
Old 11-22-2007   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88136 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think so. I think they're "on a mission from god" to borrow a line from Elwood Blues. They seem intent on taking every single game they play at full speed. It's worked well so far.
agreed Herv.. I think after "spygate" N.E. is on a mission to stick it the NFL and if they can stick it to Miami (due to rivals and all) I think that is an added bonus. Bill is out to prove that the cameras don't mean much if N.E. can hang 30 or 40 on each opponent

Bill can't wait to hold that trophy up again and have Roger say "congrats on the superbowl win and and undefeated season" and Bill can just smile because he knows it would bother Roger

N.E. has Pittsburgh at home and on the road to the Giants ...if someone can possibly beat N.E. it is Pittsburgh but tough at home.

would be kinda funny if Pittsburgh happened to beat N.E. because I remember in 83-84 San Francisco's only loss was to Pittsburgh late in the season.. San Fran ended up beating Miami in superbowl, but don't think it will happen... Brady is on fire

Last edited by Wolf; 11-22-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

they have the ability to i just don't think they will. Like dissacks said they will probably rest up for the playoffs and probably lose one regular season game.
Old 11-22-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

The Patriots are unstoppable, I don't see anyone beating them. And as it has been said in this thread, they won't rest anyone until the first round bye in the playoffs.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

theres a thread about this already- started about a month ago.. i voted they would then and i still think the same
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read