Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2007   #1
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Default Johnson.....When Healthy..

Is one of the best in my opinion. He even stood out with Carr at QB. If he had played for a team like Indy, he would have put up MVP #'s, but he was really slowed by his attachment to Carr.
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #2
djones90
Rookie

Default Re: Johnson.....When Healthy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalonestartitan View Post
Is one of the best in my opinion. He even stood out with Carr at QB. If he had played for a team like Indy, he would have put up MVP #'s, but he was really slowed by his attachment to Carr.
yeah aj is a very good player but i don't believe he is the best yet
djones90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he's a top 5 WR in the league. But because he's played for a crappy team his entire career he's not going to get the publicity that other guys have gotten

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea he's definitely a top 5 receiver.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #5
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones90 View Post
yeah aj is a very good player but i don't believe he is the best yet
Who's better, keep in mind talent, Moss maybe. AJ i better than To imho.
Old 11-21-2007   #6
djones90
Rookie

Quote:
Who's better, keep in mind talent, Moss maybe. AJ i better than To imho.
he has all the talent you want in a wide receiver but i still think in top 10 not 5 yet
Old 11-21-2007   #7
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
he has all the talent you want in a wide receiver but i still think in top 10 not 5 yet
Who is in the top 5 in fron of him,

Bc All i can think of is Moss and maybe Steve Smith.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2007   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

He is leading the league in yards per game and yards per catch. He would've had an unbelievable year if he stayed healthy.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #9
djones90
Rookie

Quote:
Who is in the top 5 in fron of him,

Bc All i can think of is Moss and maybe Steve Smith.
don't get me wrong i like aj but i would prefer this year's t.o and how about what peyton is working with in indy with harrison and wayne even though marvin is out right now
Old 11-21-2007   #10
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
don't get me wrong i like aj but i would prefer this year's t.o and how about what peyton is working with in indy with harrison and wayne even though marvin is out right now
Im telling you, if AJ played with the PAtriots, or even INDY, he would put up monster #'s. Think about this, we are undefeated with him in Scahub in the line up together, and schaub is killer on the playaction fake. Ask Jason Davis and the Saints safeties.
Old 11-21-2007   #11
djones90
Rookie

Quote:
Im telling you, if AJ played with the PAtriots, or even INDY, he would put up monster #'s. Think about this, we are undefeated with him in Scahub in the line up together, and schaub is killer on the playaction fake. Ask Jason Davis and the Saints safeties.
exactly the aints defense a high school team would put up numbers against them and i want to see if we can do it on a team like the steelers
Old 11-21-2007   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact is, you can put AJ's name in the same sentence with ANY other wide receiver in the league. It's up to debate exactly where he should rank...but the fact that we can actually have a serious debate of whether he is a top 5 WR in the league or not just makes me so excited. The guy is good.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Johnson is better than Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison at this point in time. Career wise, both of those two guys are better, but if I had to choose one WR between the three right now I would take AJ

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #14
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
The fact is, you can put AJ's name in the same sentence with ANY other wide receiver in the league. It's up to debate exactly where he should rank...but the fact that we can actually have a serious debate of whether he is a top 5 WR in the league or not just makes me so excited. The guy is good.
Thats what Djones doesn't get, is that we really tried to tie Johnson to Carr, and Carr was a sack waiting to happen in the pockets, yet Johnson was still able to produce, and its very seldom that A WR can prodce without a decent QB. Think Moss in Oakland.
Old 11-21-2007   #15
djones90
Rookie

Quote:
Thats what Djones doesn't get, is that we really tried to tie Johnson to Carr, and Carr was a sack waiting to happen in the pockets, yet Johnson was still able to produce, and its very seldom that A WR can prodce without a decent QB. Think Moss in Oakland.
i not saying he isn't a great player all i am saying is until he do over a long of time you can't compare him with some of the top guys but again i think next year with a full year with matt he has the potential to do something great
Old 11-21-2007   #16
djones90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
He is leading the league in yards per game and yards per catch. He would've had an unbelievable year if he stayed healthy.
as long as his health stay good sky is the limit for him and this team
Old 11-21-2007   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Johnson.....When Healthy..

...is not the answer?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Johnson.....When Healthy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I feel bad about that. He's put in the time, now he starts off with Schaub at a league leading pace and gets hurt
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #19
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Look at AJ's numbers with Carr at qb, then look at Steve Smith's numbers...

Somewhere in there you will find the answer you seek as to how AJ should be ranked with other WRs.
Old 11-21-2007   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

he's the best athlete on the roster, yes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read