Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-24-2007   #41
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r
Default Re: Darius Walker Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Hopefully someday we'll have the same non-homosexual love for Darius Walker as the guy who made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h32lYOUksw

Or gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
He looked like a couple blocks away from being awesome! That is the first time I have seen him run.
I was there for pre-season but don't remember.

As far as speed, from what I can find on him, he is as fast as Emmitt Smith but slower than Addai. But Addai is freakishly fast like a 4.37 40 and DW is a 4.55 40.

He seems humble and is a hard worker let's just hope we have had the second coming of Emmitt on our practice squad!
Old 11-24-2007   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
He is faster than Ron Dayne and he will not try and do the hokie pokie on
4th and 1
. He may not get the yard but he damn sure will hit the freakin hole with all he has. I do not care if he is a home run threat at this point. what I want is a one cut and go towards the damn goal type of running back. it is not to hard to ask at this stage in the season.
If we were truly doing the Denver running game here and not a funky mix of Denver and Green Bay then Darius Walker would have me pretty excited. He is a perfectly adequate "one cut and go" kind of back. He's not too small and he's not too slow. Since we tend to kind of run the ball more like the Packers and less like the Broncos I think we all know what we're going to be getting.

I figure he wouldn't be activated this week if they didn't think he was ready. I certainly don't believe that Itchy fumbling last week is the reason they activated him. I believe the only response to that fumble was that Dayne did all the work. The Texans aren't going to activate a rookie running back just to send a message to a street free agent they picked up.
Old 11-24-2007   #43
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Hopefully someday we'll have the same non-homosexual love for Darius Walker as the guy who made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h32lYOUksw

Or gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
I watched the video, now I can see why he went undrafted.

He doesn't take on tacklers and prefers to run out of bounds rather than plow ahead to get another couple of yards, lack of burst through the hole, and dances around.

Hope he changed all of that.

I am really hoping that this is not the best that Walker has to offer.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #44
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If we were truly doing the Denver running game here and not a funky mix of Denver and Green Bay then Darius Walker would have me pretty excited. He is a perfectly adequate "one cut and go" kind of back. He's not too small and he's not too slow. Since we tend to kind of run the ball more like the Packers and less like the Broncos I think we all know what we're going to be getting.

I figure he wouldn't be activated this week if they didn't think he was ready. I certainly don't believe that Itchy fumbling last week is the reason they activated him. I believe the only response to that fumble was that Dayne did all the work. The Texans aren't going to activate a rookie running back just to send a message to a street free agent they picked up.
I never thought it was a message either. Not sure if he is an everdown back, but I thought he could be a decent back-up and third down guy because he knows how to pick up the blitz and can catch the ball. That is why I liked him.
Old 11-24-2007   #45
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

From Saturday's Chronicle . . .

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5325062.html

Quote:
Adimchinobe Echemandu, signed as a free agent by the Texans in early October, ran well in his debut against San Diego but lost a fumble on his only carry against New Orleans last week, giving coach Gary Kubiak the incentive to activate rookie Darius Walker.

Kubiak hasn't decided if Echemandu and Walker will be active.

"I wanted them to compete this week, and I thought they both looked really good," Kubiak said after Friday's workout. "I think Darius is close. I'll go back and look at how he practiced today (on tape), looking at blitz pickup, that kind of stuff."
What Walker does when he's not carrying the ball is not important to fans . . err, well . . most of them, that is.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #46
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I watched the video, now I can see why he went undrafted.

He doesn't take on tacklers and prefers to run out of bounds rather than plow ahead to get another couple of yards, lack of burst through the hole, and dances around.

Hope he changed all of that.

I am really hoping that this is not the best that Walker has to offer.
Avoiding tacklers, running out of bounds rather than gutting it out thru the middle, dances around. You must be talking about Regiie Bush. Didn't keep him from getting drafted #2 overall last year.
Oh by the way, little Reggie also catchs passes wide-open over the middle
and then falls down untouched & unhurt and waits for the ref to blow the play dead.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #47
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a shame that "Prominent Forehead" isn't considered as criteria in the Pro Bowl balloting.

If it was, Schaub and Darius Walker would both be locks for Honolulu.
Old 11-24-2007   #48
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
It's a shame that "Prominent Forehead" isn't considered as criteria in the Pro Bowl balloting.

If it was, Schaub and Darius Walker would both be locks for Honolulu.
LoL, I thought I was the only one that noticed those giant Klingon foreheards. If DW does something and stays around I say we rename him Wharf.
Old 11-24-2007   #49
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
LoL, I thought I was the only one that noticed those giant Klingon foreheards. If DW does something and stays around I say we rename him Wharf.
Wharf Walker, has a ring to it! lol

I wonder how to say Touchdown in klingon.
Old 11-25-2007   #50
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post

lol, I'm sure we have to have a big Trekkie fan on here than can find that out for us.
Old 11-25-2007   #51
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post

http://www.kli.org/tlh/pIqaD.html

I found this website when I googled it. Apparently there is a whole Klingon language institute. Who'da thunk it.

If you google Klingon language its actually kinda scary to see all these different websites that teach a fake language.
Old 11-25-2007   #52
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 207976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol, I'm sure we have to have a big Trekkie fan on here than can find that out for us.
* raises hand *

There is no Klingon translation for touchdown that I could find. The nearest word I get to is invade in Klingon is yot.

So, we must yot their end zone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #53
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Well done! = majQa'

That's great news! = buy' ngop (Literally, "The plates are full")

pIvlob
(n) warp factor [This was omitted from the English-Klingon listing of TKD

Or we can just make up our own words. Hell seems all they did. I looked at the Klingon language and looks like a series of different looking F's
Old 11-25-2007   #54
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or we can just make up our own words. Hell seems all they did. I looked at the Klingon language and looks like a series of different looking F's
Sooo, your saying it's pretty much "F"ed up?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #55
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Sooo, your saying it's pretty much "F"ed up?
heh pretty much didn't think of it like that.
Old 11-25-2007   #56
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

And here he is ready for action

Ok, that one kind of sucked. I can do better. Gimmie a few minutes.
Old 11-25-2007   #57
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker is inactive for the game. Sigh.

November 25, 2007, 11:52 ET
Houston Inactives

Summary: RB Ahman Green, RB Darius Walker, TE Jeb Putzier, G Kasey Studdard, T Jordan Black, T Brandon Frye, LB Shantee Orr, CB Jamar Fletcher

http://www.footballguys.com
Old 11-25-2007   #58
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Walker is inactive for the game. Sigh.

November 25, 2007, 11:52 ET
Houston Inactives

Summary: RB Ahman Green, RB Darius Walker, TE Jeb Putzier, G Kasey Studdard, T Jordan Black, T Brandon Frye, LB Shantee Orr, CB Jamar Fletcher

http://www.footballguys.com
Was he injured?

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #59
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
And here he is ready for action

Ok, that one kind of sucked. I can do better. Gimmie a few minutes.
lol thats funny
Old 11-25-2007   #60
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Was he injured?
I didn't see anything regarding injury, but it looks like a heavy dose of Ron Dayne and maybe Echemandu, which is ok with me if the result at the end is the same.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read