Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2007   #21
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Darius Walker Activated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I respect him because he's undrafted and seemingly never gave up. Did those wonderful wednesdays with a smile on his face even though he could be released the next day...

Also the guy is a Kubiak RB, he's going to just hit the hole and run...so if there are holes he will succeed. I don't think he's going to make nothing out of something, he's going to depend on our inconsistent run blocking.

Also I remember in pre-season where he lost his helmet...mid carry...and continued to go on and get like 4 extra yards...

But him being sgined means Green isn't playing this week most likely.
my god man have you seen D.W.'s forehead? He's more dangerous with out the helmet. Could you imagine if he hit someone with that. j/k . I did see that too in the game and thought I like that. Someone thats not afraid of getting those extra yards.
Old 11-21-2007   #22
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

DW doesn't have a forehead. It's so big he has a fivehead.
Old 11-21-2007   #23
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Darius Walker, sounds like a good name for a running back. Let's see if he can live up to his name.
We could call him Walker Texans Ranger.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #24
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Darius Walker, sounds like a good name for a running back. Let's see if he can live up to his name.
I was just thinking that when I heard the news.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #25
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

I hope he is activated - let's see what he can do. As long as he doesn't fumble - he should get a few carries on Sunday.
Old 11-22-2007   #26
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
We could call him Walker Texans Ranger.
Thats Good...but he has to earn that nickname. Give us a few good games and i'll start calling him that lol.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #27
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the confirmation:

Quote:
Texans sign RB Walker, release QB Nall

(11/21/07 - HOUSTON) - Up until this week, Darius Walker's biggest responsibility with the Texans involved taping a weekly video segment for the team Web site called "Wednesdays With Walker."

The former Notre Dame standout has a much more important job now after being signed to the active roster from the practice squad Wednesday.

With the health of Ahman Green unclear, the Texans signed Walker to add depth at running back. Quarterback Craig Nall was released to make room for Walker on the roster.

Walker joked about the pressure of handling both tasks.

"Two tough duties, very, very true," he said. "Just tough duties. We'll see how that goes and how that's going to work out, but I'm going to try to juggle both. See if I can multitask."

All joking aside, Walker is excited about his opportunity.

"It's a great feeling," he said. "Especially going from having to watch and not even dress to actually dressing and actually having an opportunity to get in the game. I know it's a big task, because they expect a lot out of me."

Walker had 1,267 yards rushing and seven touchdowns as a junior last season before declaring for the draft. He went undrafted and signed as a free agent with the Texans.

Coach Gary Kubiak was impressed with Walker's work on Wednesday in his first practice since being elevated to the roster.

"If Darius keeps working the way he practiced today, then we'll expect him to play this weekend," Kubiak said.

Kubiak said he didn't have an update on Green, who has been slowed for most of the season with a knee problem. He said the team is monitoring him to see if two weeks off will help his condition.

Ron Dayne will start as long as Green is out and the Texans also have Adimchinobi Echemandu, who is also a former practice squad player.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2007   #28
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm looking forward to seeing Walker play this weekend, as it sounds like Kubiak has plans for him in Cleveland.
I remember him from the big bowl game Notre Dame played against LSU last year and he was impressive as I recall ? I think he's a weapon to catch a little
pass in the flat, maybe run some screens ? Not real fast, but some quickness
as I recall ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #29
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well we'll see if he's worthy of playing or if he's going to be a bust. Heres your chance DW
Old 11-22-2007   #30
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Well we'll see if he's worthy of playing or if he's going to be a bust. Heres your chance DW
Great...now even undrafted players that we pick up are heavily scrutinized. No NFL team (including the Texans) drafted this guy, but if he doesn't play well it is another lousy move by the Texans?
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #31
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Great...now even undrafted players that we pick up are heavily scrutinized. No NFL team (including the Texans) drafted this guy, but if he doesn't play well it is another lousy move by the Texans?
I agree, Andrew that is a little tough to put on the guy he has to be an All-Star performer from game one. He is an undrafted rookie he might do well he might make mistake (more than likely) but can we not even use the bust card on him.

What I am saying is he is a rookie lets not put the weight of the whole team on him.
Old 11-22-2007   #32
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well let's re cap:
Denver Draft's Selvin Young the year after this HC is gone. Someone in Denver
was nutorious for sitting guys on the bench when they fumbled in years past.
Selvin Young spit the pill alot at Texas.

Last week on his first touch, Adimchinobe Echemandu spits the pill.

The next week, Walker is brought up. Message: RB's, don't put the ball on the ground. Fumbles are a zero tolernce thingy with this HC.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-22-2007 at 11:05 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #33
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am excited about the Darius Walker era, the more guys we try the better chance we turn up someone who is the answer.
Old 11-22-2007   #34
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh man, I'm just so excited that an undrafted running back with no speed has been activated, I could just . . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Darius Walker may look very, very good Sunday. It could happen and I believe that if it does happen then nobody should be surprised to see it. No, I'm not drinking the kool-aid. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Several factors could combine to make Walker look better than he is Sunday.

1. Cleveland ranks 28th in run defense. It doesn't take Walter Payton to have a good day on the ground against Cleveland.

2. Walker is not on a lot of film so he's not particularly easy to prepare for.

3. Walker has fresh legs and in week 12 of the NFL season that can make a bit of a difference.

4. Walker isn't fast but he's faster than Ron Dayne by a ton. The line has been blocking for Dayne and so holes he would squeak through will be plenty big for Darius. This is where the fresh legs help. Once the running game becomes effective the line will get some momentum going.

I'm not saying it's going to last or that it means much of anything. I'm just saying don't be surprised (or overly impressed) if Walker has a good day. Judging by the "big picture" he should have a good day and maybe even finish the season strong. Remember Samkon Gado did this exact same thing a couple of years ago in Green Bay.
Old 11-23-2007   #36
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll just be happy if he makes some decent catches out of the backfield. Dayne just can't get out in the flat fast enough to make screens work dependably. Hopefully Walker will add that dimension to the offense.
Old 11-23-2007   #37
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Darius Walker may look very, very good Sunday. It could happen and I believe that if it does happen then nobody should be surprised to see it. No, I'm not drinking the kool-aid. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Several factors could combine to make Walker look better than he is Sunday.

1. Cleveland ranks 28th in run defense. It doesn't take Walter Payton to have a good day on the ground against Cleveland.

2. Walker is not on a lot of film so he's not particularly easy to prepare for.

3. Walker has fresh legs and in week 12 of the NFL season that can make a bit of a difference.

4. Walker isn't fast but he's faster than Ron Dayne by a ton. The line has been blocking for Dayne and so holes he would squeak through will be plenty big for Darius. This is where the fresh legs help. Once the running game becomes effective the line will get some momentum going.

I'm not saying it's going to last or that it means much of anything. I'm just saying don't be surprised (or overly impressed) if Walker has a good day. Judging by the "big picture" he should have a good day and maybe even finish the season strong. Remember Samkon Gado did this exact same thing a couple of years ago in Green Bay.

If Walker was another teams rookie pitcher, the Astros would be looking at an upcoming shutout or nohitter.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't care if they start Bugs Bunny as long the ball carrier can block, not fumble, and get about 60 to 70 yards a game.
I can see the stat line now:

B. Bunny 21 ATT 76 YDS 1 TD 3 CARROTS EATEN.
Old 11-24-2007   #39
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Hopefully someday we'll have the same non-homosexual love for Darius Walker as the guy who made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h32lYOUksw

Or gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Old 11-24-2007   #40
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Oh man, I'm just so excited that an undrafted running back with no speed has been activated, I could just . . .
He is faster than Ron Dayne and he will not try and do the hookie pookie on
4th and 1. He may not get the yard but he damn sure will hit the freakin hole with all he has. I do not care if he is a homerun threat at this point. what I want is a one cut and go towrds the damn goal type of running back. it is not to hard to ask at this stage in the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read