Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2007   #1
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Darius Walker Activated

Per the NFL Network Ticker. This was said at the official boards, so don't know if it is true.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #2
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: Darius Walker Activated

I sure hope so, then we can see what Walker can do!
Old 11-21-2007   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Darius Walker, sounds like a good name for a running back. Let's see if he can live up to his name.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #4
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Interesting. To be honest, I think Dayne has earned the roll of permanent Ahman Green replacement for this season (in fact, I am in favor of putting Green on IR and giving Dayne the season). Why? We are a passing team. What that means is that all we really need out of our RB is the ability to hold on the ball (in 8 seasons, I think Dayne only has 5 or 6 fumbles), the ability to stay healthy (has he ever been hurt?), and the ability to put up about 60 or more yards. Dayne is good for all of this.

That said, Walker was a rather explosive back at Notre Dame and should be tested with a few series in our next game.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

So if Walker has been activated, whats the counter move? Craig Nall being released?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm interested in seeing him get some carries. He looked pretty good when given a chance during preseason.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #7
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
So if Walker has been activated, whats the counter move? Craig Nall being released?
Probably. Didn't we just sign him as insurance for Sage while Schaub was injured?

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2007   #8
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Interesting. To be honest, I think Dayne has earned the roll of permanent Ahman Green replacement for this season (in fact, I am in favor of putting Green on IR and giving Dayne the season). Why? We are a passing team. What that means is that all we really need out of our RB is the ability to hold on the ball (in 8 seasons, I think Dayne only has 5 or 6 fumbles), the ability to stay healthy (has he ever been hurt?), and the ability to put up about 60 or more yards. Dayne is good for all of this.

That said, Walker was a rather explosive back at Notre Dame and should be tested with a few series in our next game.
I wouldn't mind seeing a RBBC approach. Certainly anyone not named "Lendale White" is faster than Ron Dayne, so mixing it up in the backfield would add a little more dimension to our game. I would also like to see what Echemandu can do, but for some reason, Kubes DOESN'T institute DEN's famous (and frustrating) RBBC approach, otherwise known as "who's going to start for the Broncos this week?" that we've seen in the past. Kubes can take DEN's cast-off players, but not the RB carousel?

I think the Texans NEED to see what Walker can do. Just imagine if he starts a couple games and shows us all something...wouldn't you rather have a RB right now rather than use a draft pick for one? I think it's silly if the Texans don't give him a try.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #9
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw what Walker can do at ND, he will not have any big break out runs but he will not dance behind the line when you need one freakin yard either.

He can also catch out of the backfield and is not affraid to sick his nose in there on a blitz pickup, just do not expect blazing speed because he does not have that.

I am very interrested to see how Kubiak uses him.
Old 11-21-2007   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I too am very interested in seeing what he can do and how Kubes uses him. Also, might be a good FF sleeper pick up?
Old 11-21-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I too am very interested in seeing what he can do and how Kubes uses him. Also, might be a good FF sleeper pick up?
If you have a spot to burn I would consider it only (i do mean only) for his pass catching ability but that was while at ND and not in pro what worries me is the speed factor.
Old 11-21-2007   #12
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

He's not a burner, but I think he is fast enough. He was the only player on ND who was doing anything against the fast LSU defense in the Sugar Bowl and he did seem to have some burst in the preseason.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shoot why not! Put 'em in...we're heading back up North.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #14
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
I sure hope so, then we can see what Walker can do!
I'm not a big fan of walker, I think his speed is pathetic. But lets see what he can do
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post

I agree with what you said about Dayne. Frankly, unless the Texans deciede to invest in a real running back, I don't care if they start Bugs Bunny as long the ball carrier can block, not fumble, and get about 60 to 70 yards a game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Darius Walker, sounds like a good name for a running back. Let's see if he can live up to his name.
i think it's because of his last name. Walk all over defenses, blah blah, change his last name to runner blah blah. also easy to slander. (or would it be libel because it's typed?)
Old 11-21-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalonestartitan View Post
I'm not a big fan of walker, I think his speed is pathetic. But lets see what he can do
But I think he is faster than Dayne.
Old 11-21-2007   #18
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Or a good name for a bad basketball player.

Hope he does well, we could use the help there.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 123395 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
*Disregard PD beat me to the punch*

I think Darius Runner would be slightly better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #20
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I respect him because he's undrafted and seemingly never gave up. Did those wonderful wednesdays with a smile on his face even though he could be released the next day...

Also the guy is a Kubiak RB, he's going to just hit the hole and run...so if there are holes he will succeed. I don't think he's going to make nothing out of something, he's going to depend on our inconsistent run blocking.

Also I remember in pre-season where he lost his helmet...mid carry...and continued to go on and get like 4 extra yards...

But him being sgined means Green isn't playing this week most likely.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read