Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-20-2007   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default At Jets Game, a Halftime Ritual of Harassment

At halftime of the Jets’ home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, several hundred men lined one of Giants Stadium’s two pedestrian ramps at Gate D. Three deep in some areas, they whistled and jumped up and down. Then they began an obscenity-laced chant, demanding that the few women in the gathering expose their breasts.
When one woman appeared to be on the verge of obliging, the hooting and hollering intensified. But then she walked away, and plastic beer bottles and spit went flying. Boos swept through the crowd of unsatisfied men.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sp...hp&oref=slogin
What? No topless clubs in New Jersey?
Old 11-20-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: At Jets Game, a Halftime Ritual of Harassment

Apparently they never heard of Tony's club, the 'Bada Bing'...
Old 11-20-2007   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
At halftime of the Jets’ home game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, several hundred men lined one of Giants Stadium’s two pedestrian ramps at Gate D. Three deep in some areas, they whistled and jumped up and down. Then they began an obscenity-laced chant, demanding that the few women in the gathering expose their breasts.
When one woman appeared to be on the verge of obliging, the hooting and hollering intensified. But then she walked away, and plastic beer bottles and spit went flying. Boos swept through the crowd of unsatisfied men.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sp...hp&oref=slogin
What? No topless clubs in New Jersey?
Stay classy, Jets fans.
Old 11-20-2007   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

They should trying tossing them beads.

Seriously, these guys need to grow up.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
They should trying tossing them beads.

Seriously, these guys need to grow up.
They need to toss them out and or in the clink.
Old 11-20-2007   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143147 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if the girls would have just...nevermind.

Seriously - these guys must make their Mothers and Sisters proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

lawsuit waiting to happen ......... people are stupid
Old 11-20-2007   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do like the lions, bring a topless bus to the parking lots
Old 11-20-2007   #9
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Do like the lions, bring a topless bus to the parking lots
So that's how they got fans to come after Barry left.....
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a link to the Jets message board concerning this. Some of the posters make some rude comments about the entire situation. Any type of person hooting and hollering for a woman to flash her boobs is not the type of person I want to be around. I couldn't care if it's at a strip club, at Mardi Gras, etc... Some people are immature beyond belief

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=27187

I'm glad nothing like this takes place at Texans games. There's the giant group of smokers out in the balcony during the game but anytime I've walked past them I've never heard any derogatory comments or anything. This is just disgusting. I hope the Jets or the police/security guards put a stop to it

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Here's a link to the Jets message board concerning this. Some of the posters make some rude comments about the entire situation. Any type of person hooting and hollering for a woman to flash her boobs is not the type of person I want to be around. I couldn't care if it's at a strip club, at Mardi Gras, etc... Some people are immature beyond belief

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=27187

I'm glad nothing like this takes place at Texans games. There's the giant group of smokers out in the balcony during the game but anytime I've walked past them I've never heard any derogatory comments or anything. This is just disgusting. I hope the Jets or the police/security guards put a stop to it
We were told not to talk to the passengers or we would lose our smoke breaks and never get out of the boiler room.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

are we allowing smokers to even smoke in their houses now? they deserve less rights those horrible less-than-human smokers!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know. I allow it in my house. I'm about to give up my last terrible habit. Last year drinking, this year, God help me, smoking.

To keep it on topic, I'm really amazed at what goes on sometimes. IMO, that's not just being drunk at a football game, that's a serious character flaw that is all too prevalent in this country.

BTW TexanSam, I was just goofing around.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
are we allowing smokers to even smoke in their houses now? they deserve less rights those horrible less-than-human smokers!

I was in a bar with some friends after an Asthma attack a few days earlier. I hadn't quite regained my lung capacity. A guy with a goatee smoking a cigar came up. He was a friend of my friends and got right in MY face to talk to them. They asked him to move over a space or two because I'd just had a really bad asthma attack. He blew a puff of smoke at me and said "Sounds like a personal problem."
A couple of decades from now when this guy's in an iron lung I want to be in his hospital room and mess with it's oxegen level so that he can know what it feels like to have some @sshole saying that he doesn't care that he's making it difficult for you to breath.
Should people be allowed to smoke? Yes. Should they be abled to smoke in bars? Sure why not, but here's the thing not all of us want our hair and clothes to smell like your filthy self destructive habit.
For what it's worth the guy with the goatee who was smoking the cigar looked like a celebrity...LASSIE TAKIN' A DUMP! OHHHHHH! Goodnight everybody!! Drive safely!

peanutbutterjelly....withabaseballbat.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Video Shows Huge Vending Carts Tossed from Top of Stadium Sprial...

Give a fool a beer and watch him become a moron.

I have to wonder what Goodell's office thinks of this, all things considered. If they have expectations of player and coach conduct that foster a 'family friendly' environment, then it should extend to fans. We had some really a-hole Saints fans in our section last week, and one of them constantly flipping the bird is lucky that some drunk Texans fan didn't throw him over the rail or punch him in the nose. It was close a couple of times.
Old 11-23-2007   #16
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Video Shows Huge Vending Carts Tossed from Top of Stadium Sprial...

Give a fool a beer and watch him become a moron.

I have to wonder what Goodell's office thinks of this, all things considered. If they have expectations of player and coach conduct that foster a 'family friendly' environment, then it should extend to fans. We had some really a-hole Saints fans in our section last week, and one of them constantly flipping the bird is lucky that some drunk Texans fan didn't throw him over the rail or punch him in the nose. It was close a couple of times.
I have been wondering what happened in other areas of Reliant, both inside and outside. I personally didn't see any bad behavior (some questionable personal morals but not boorish fan behavior) from Saints fans.
Any brawls?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a Browns game at the Dome during the Oiler days when a drunk DAWG tried to climb from one level to another to get to a drunk Oiler fan. At first, it was one of the funniest things I had ever seen since this guy was all decked out in his dawg pound gear, bone sticking out of his mouth, huge head gear, big floppy shoes, UNTIL he lost his balance and fell landing on the seats and fans below him. Got carried off on a stretcher with his bone still in his mouth!! I swear this is a true story. Sorry, I know this is totally off topic, but, feeling nostalgic today and happened to remember that little incident from long ago when I read this thread.

JAIL time is the only thing good enough for the guys who did that at the Jets game! Khari is correct, a law suit waiting to happen.

I did not encounter any nasty Saints fans at all in the Bullpen. Most of them that I talked to are Texan fans EXCEPT when we play the Saints. Same thing I encounter when we play the Titans and Cowboys. Some fans just don't know how to be TEXAN loyal just yet! I make a point to chat with opposing teams fans, and try to have fun with them. The worst this year were some Titan fans who gave the word OBNOXIOUS a new meaning, and YES, they were all so called TEXAN fans except when we play Tenn. As a matter of fact, they were all Houston Police officers!! Being surrounded by Titan fans didn't help because they all fed off each other, just like vultures. First game I have ever left my seats to go sit someplace else, they were that bad.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The most disturbing part of this is that they have security there and they allow this to happen. HUH? That is criminal. And sad.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #19
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jets need to do something about it.

Read between the lines. Security says they can't do anything to stop 500 people chanting and the police say it is not their job unless someone needs arresting.

Typical NY bull----.
Old 01-01-2008   #20
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

This was the solution the Jets came up with

Cracking Down on Rowdy Fans, Jets Ban Alcohol at Season Finale

Quote:
The New York Jets beat the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday at the Meadowlands in a season finale that went into overtime but wasn't particularly fun to watch, seeing as both teams have long been out of the playoff race and are just playing out the string.

And it wasn't very fun for a certain segment of fans in the stands, because the Jets banned alcohol sales at the game, responding to complaints from female fans that drunk males had been gathering at Gate D of Giants Stadium (where both the Giants and Jets play) and screaming at them to expose their breasts. The New York Times reports:

"I think we sent a message that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated and we'll continue to take the measured approaches we need to make sure we have a fan-friendly environment," said Dennis Robinson, the sports authority's chief executive. "I think our efforts worked this evening."

If banning alcohol is what it takes to make the game a more pleasant place for everyone, then banning alcohol is the right move. But it's a shame that the thousands of fans who like to enjoy a beer while watching a game can't do so because of the drunk, sexually harassing idiots.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read