Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-20-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Attn: People Irritated With Resold Tickets to Opposing Fans

Apparently, the NFL instead of doing team by team deals for ticket resellers, is working on a league wide reseller of tickets.

Some teams don't have deals with ticket sellers, and in fact, the Patriots are suing StubHub because they forbid reselling tickets for profit.

There is a long wait list for Texan fans wanting to be season ticket holders in premium seats. I would like for the Texans to crack down on the folks who are profiteers so that those tickets might become more Texan fan tickets and not visiting team tickets.

If the Texans are truly serious about the fans "being the homefield advantage" it is something they need to do. Politely, of course.

If you would like to read more about the subject, I wrote about it here:

NFL to Get New Deal With Ticket Resellers: Are Fans Winners or Losers?

I have mixed feelings about it some, but ultimately, I think encouraging people to purchase tickets for profit hurts your fanbase. There are so many people who want to be in the BullPen for example, or on the sidelines.

Prohibiting resale for profit might hurt the value of your PSL longterm, but I didn't buy that puppy to make money from it.

So, if this is an issue that really bothers you, I suggest doing the following:

1. Leave a comment at the article. Doesn't need to be a long comment, but something short that adds to the conversation and is preferably polite and logical. Just something that shows publicly you care.
2. Click on the "Email This" link at the bottom of the article.
3. Email it to "Fanfeedback@HoustonTexans.com" Be sure to leave them your real email and name, and a brief polite comment about the topic. (As a bonus, I think they are giving away Andre Johnson minihelmets to people sending stuff to fanfeedback--don't know the cutoff date off the top of my head).
4. Spread the word to those who you think might be interested in this.

Old 11-20-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Attn: People Irritated With Resold Tickets to Opposing Fans

Aren't there legal issues with regards to the PSL agreements that prevent the Texans from canceling accounts to sell to hometown fans?

I've been told that, as a binding contract, there is little the Texans can do to force people to give up PSLs unless they have violated team policy.

Maybe this NFL angle will change some things. The front row of our section (500s) is always a fan rotation, and usually opposing teams' fans at that. Seems to me that the Texans would want a) 100% Texans fans in the Bull Pen, and b) Texans fans on the front row of every section to represent and inspire the crowd support.

To borrow a quote from Vinny, it seems like the Houston Texans is a marketing company with a football division sometimes.
Old 11-20-2007   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Aren't there legal issues with regards to the PSL agreements that prevent the Texans from canceling accounts to sell to hometown fans?

I've been told that, as a binding contract, there is little the Texans can do to force people to give up PSLs unless they have violated team policy.

Maybe this NFL angle will change some things. The front row of our section (500s) is always a fan rotation, and usually opposing teams' fans at that. Seems to me that the Texans would want a) 100% Texans fans in the Bull Pen, and b) Texans fans on the front row of every section to represent and inspire the crowd support.

To borrow a quote from Vinny, it seems like the Houston Texans is a marketing company with a football division sometimes.

You know, I am not sure I can find my PSL agreement handy. You can write just about anything you want in a PSL agreement. The Patriots have a team policy that you can't resell your tickets for more than face value.

As for the front rows with opposing fans, I know at least on the field level between the 30s, many of those seats went to F.O.B's. But the bottom rows were open to the public, and unfortunately the ticket brokers often got first dibs.
Old 11-20-2007   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Attn: People Irritated With Resold Tickets to Opposing Fans

If I remember correctly, your PSL agreement says something to the effect you can lose your seat rights for selling for profit. I THINK.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
But the bottom rows were open to the public, and unfortunately the ticket brokers often got first dibs.
When a ticket broker is a team sponsor, I cannot help but wonder if there were deals worked out before the public ever got a chance to buy them.

I hate to say that I don't trust this FO in that way, but I don't.
Old 11-20-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
When a ticket broker is a team sponsor, I cannot help but wonder if there were deals worked out before the public ever got a chance to buy them.

I hate to say that I don't trust this FO in that way, but I don't.
OT: Our cats, which figured out years ago what door knobs are, will fling themselves up against them when they want in a room. Thank God their little paws can't grip them (no thumbs).

This morning one learned how to pull a cabinet open, that just seems like a problem.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-20-2007   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
If I remember correctly, your PSL agreement says something to the effect you can lose your seat rights for selling for profit. I THINK.
I wish all those ticket gougers I have been looking at would read this! I finally decide to get back to a game and I am getting hosed, especially on Stubhub.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2007   #8
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

I have hated the Texans relationship with Stub Hub since the beginning and I feel that it is harmful to the fan base.

I kinda feel like the Texans are pimping Stub Hub to the fans. There are only two winners in that love triangle and it isn't the PSL holders. By doing so and then telling fans they want to build a "Home Field Advantage" is hypocritical at best.

Money is the all important force in play here and the Texans are showing what is most important to them.
Old 11-20-2007   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say it was disheartening to look into the Bullpen on Sunday and see all of the black and gold jerseys seated in there. Rough estimate from my seat, but I would guess 15% Saints fans were in that area.
Old 11-20-2007   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

So many great comments here re: the official relationship, opposing fans in the BullPen.

PLEASE put them over at the FanHouse site and email that article to the Texans. I'd love to hear any responses you get. (I know the site asks for your email but it's just to approve your comment to avoid spam).

The Texans care what fans think about what they are doing, but sometimes with issues of money, they have to be called out some publicly.

AOL FanHouse is the #1 Sports Blog on the internet and I know it is read by tons of people in the league and in radio and TV.

I don't ask for comments very often, and only when I think that maybe we can make a difference. That's what fans do--individuals working together for a common purpose can make a difference.
Old 11-20-2007   #11
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I dug up my PSL agreement, and there is nothing in regards to revocation in regards to selling the tickets for profit. But there was in regards to the PSL itself, and distribution of the tickets under Section 7b, 7c, & 7d.. Here's the verbiage from the PSL agreement:

7. REPRESENTATIONS OF LICENSEE. Licensee hereby represents and warrants as follows:

(a) Licensee has read and understands the terms of the Permanent Seat License Agreement including this Exhibit B;

(b) Licensee is not acquiring this PSL as an investment and has no expectation of profit as an owner of this PSL;

(c) Licensee is acquiring this PSL solely for the right to purchase tickets to Team football games played in the Stadium;

(d) Licensee is acquiring this PSL for Licensee's own use and not with a view to the distribution of this PSL or tickets to others;

(e) Licensee acknowledges that the transfer of this PSL will be restricted and that PSLs are subject to forfeiture under certain conditions including those explained in this agreement.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #12
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Well I dug up my PSL agreement, and there is nothing in regards to revocation in regards to selling the tickets for profit. But there was in regards to the PSL itself, and distribution of the tickets under Section 7b, 7c, & 7d.. Here's the verbiage from the PSL agreement:

7. REPRESENTATIONS OF LICENSEE. Licensee hereby represents and warrants as follows:

(a) Licensee has read and understands the terms of the Permanent Seat License Agreement including this Exhibit B;

(b) Licensee is not acquiring this PSL as an investment and has no expectation of profit as an owner of this PSL;

(c) Licensee is acquiring this PSL solely for the right to purchase tickets to Team football games played in the Stadium;

(d) Licensee is acquiring this PSL for Licensee's own use and not with a view to the distribution of this PSL or tickets to others;

(e) Licensee acknowledges that the transfer of this PSL will be restricted and that PSLs are subject to forfeiture under certain conditions including those explained in this agreement.

So what are those forfeiture conditions?

So many of the best seats in Reliant are held by brokers. It is sad.
Old 11-20-2007   #13
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know, I am not sure I can find my PSL agreement handy. You can write just about anything you want in a PSL agreement. The Patriots have a team policy that you can't resell your tickets for more than face value.

As for the front rows with opposing fans, I know at least on the field level between the 30s, many of those seats went to F.O.B's. But the bottom rows were open to the public, and unfortunately the ticket brokers often got first dibs.
Texans chick, the difference in the texans and the pats is they don't have psls. The fans didn't have to help fund the stadium. Mr Craft dug deep into his own pockets. The PSL owners and the rodeo helped fund this stadium so I feel anyone that did this should be able to do what they please with their tickets. Those people that are on the waiting list...let them wait. The Texans announced long before the Texans started playing here that tickets were available. You haven't seen anything yet..wait until this team starts hitting the playoffs on a regular basis. I still cannot understand you and a few more posters in here worrying about fans that don't have seats that want seats. As long as you have yours you should be happy and support our team. They missed out...but they do have a few things to do to get in the stadium...ebay, stubhub, another losing season or you can give them your tickets. Whatever the NFL comes up with, you can bet that the NFL sees money in it for them to to even be bothered with it.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I wish all those ticket gougers I have been looking at would read this! I finally decide to get back to a game and I am getting hosed, especially on Stubhub.
Big not to be a wiseguy, but i know you aren't whining. You had tickets and sold them and i bet you made a little something off of them. YOU SHOULD HAVE NOT SOLD YOUR PSL.
Old 11-20-2007   #15
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I will say it was disheartening to look into the Bullpen on Sunday and see all of the black and gold jerseys seated in there. Rough estimate from my seat, but I would guess 15% Saints fans were in that area.
I have Texans cheerleaders directly in front of me..if action pauses on the field I watch them..not the bullpen fans..get real! Maybe I don't understand but it just seems like u guys are in other peoples business again.
Old 11-20-2007   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Who is policing this I wonder? Because it is happening all over Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PATRIOTS-STEEL...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-England-Patr...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-20-2007   #17
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

No one is policing it...it takes to much time and money to do that. The texans have their money and could careless. I really doesn't bother me at all because...I GOT MINE! Hardcore someone is going to pay that money too. Texans fans that don't have tickets have been getting tickets for little or nothing for the last 5 years. If I can make a initial investment then why should me or anyone else care if they have to pay extra. I think the texans see it that way...a $66 dollar seat for the psl owner is $75 for the person that wanted to wait and see.

Last edited by ubecool454; 11-20-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2007   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post

I believe the Patriots are using a never enforced MA state law to sue Stub Hub.

And just because it's against policy doesn't mean people don't do it :-P
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-20-2007   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

This Thread .....Deja vu.
Old 11-20-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post

(d) seems pretty clear to me that what ticket brokers are doing is against the PSL regulations. I doubt the Texans will do anything to a team sponsor, though.

(e) could easily be invoked if (d) was being violated. JMO.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read