Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!
 
Yankee_In_TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston, 77008
Age: 35
Posts: 12,448
Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Where's Mario ESPN?

Sigh, so the teaser I think for Mike and Mike (?) at the end of SC on ESPN-
VY regressing
RB honeymoon over

Where the Hell is, ohhhh, umm, nevermind. Next thread.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Booty took a sack, which is what you CAN'T do.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!
 
Yankee_In_TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston, 77008
Age: 35
Posts: 12,448
Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Ohhh, come on!!! lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Booty took a sack, which is what you CAN'T do.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #3
Specnatz
Site Contributor
 
Specnatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,620
Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Ohhh, come on!!! lol
Ugh?
__________________
The Invisible Poster!
Cynic at work, do not mind me; move along nothing to see here!
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt
 
TexansLucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 4,770
Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Mario is busy cleaning Reggie off his cleats.
__________________
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Mario has to "at least" put together back to back good games.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you
 
powerfuldragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: your lady's sexdreams.
Age: 28
Posts: 17,102
Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
Mario has to "at least" put together back to back good games.
i don't think espn would talk about him at any length until about a 3 - 4 game string of good stats.
__________________
disregard above post.
powerfuldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor
 
Specnatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,620
Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
Mario has to "at least" put together back to back good games.
Why Reggie hasn't?
__________________
The Invisible Poster!
Cynic at work, do not mind me; move along nothing to see here!
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2007   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!
 
HOU-TEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: P-land
Age: 43
Posts: 15,508
Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
Mario has to "at least" put together back to back good games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Why Reggie hasn't?
Niether has Vince Almighty.
__________________
Kubiak: "They’re battling their tail off." Translation: They suck.
OB: "They played hard with great effort." Translation: They suck.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #9
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
i don't think espn would talk about him at any length until about a 3 - 4 game string of good stats.
probably so, lol.....Mario isn't a big name guy so ESPN isn't going to start riding his jock unless he "really" earns it.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #10
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

both Bush and Vince have had back to back good games in their 2 seasons on the field........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #11
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot
 
YellerLotYeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: EZ-Tag Lane
Age: 36
Posts: 3,214
Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
both Bush and Vince have had back to back good games in their 2 seasons on the field........

**STALKER ALERT**
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #12
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
**STALKER ALERT**


get to work..............................
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #13
BwareofDWare
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0 BwareofDWare is ridin' the pine
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Yeah he would need to get on the stat sheet in a few back to back games.
BwareofDWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor
 
Specnatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,620
Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
probably so, lol.....Mario isn't a big name guy so ESPN isn't going to start riding his jock unless he "really" earns it.
Really I thought espin was ridding VY and Bush jock before they were even drafted.

VY last two games the most yards he has ever passed for -- rating sucks though.
Week 10 JAC L 28-13 24 41 257 58.5 6.27 28 1 2 4.0 64.8 8 52 6.5 13 0
Week 11 @DEN L 34-20 26 41 305 63.4 7.44 21 1 2 1.0 73.7 11 74 6.7 19 1

Now VY has had only two games where his QB rat was over a 100 and it was followed by a subpar game or was proceeded by one.

Week 2 IND L 22-20 17 27 184 63.0 6.82 48 1 0 3.0 95.3 5 53 10.6 21 0
Week 3 @NO W 31-14 14 22 164 63.6 7.46 35 2 1 0.0 97.5 5 21 4.2 12 0

This is just VY so what two games has he had back to back that makes you say he has had them back to back. You love VY (stalker type love) and hate Mario you have bashed him ever since the draft and you have bashed the Texans because they passed on VY.

Keep claiming the reason espin is not talking about this game is because he has to have multiple good games back to back. Espin does not want to make themselves look bad because of all the slobbering and hype they gave Bush and when he had a real bad game while Mario had a very good game they will not talk about it because they will look bad.

You try and have both sides of an argument so as to make VY look great and Mario look bad but it just does not fly.
__________________
The Invisible Poster!
Cynic at work, do not mind me; move along nothing to see here!
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

It's a lot sexier to talk about Offensive weapons in VY and RB. It's not sexy to talk about Defensive lineman. Sure they talk about some...but usually only after they've been in the pro bowl a few times.

ESPN is all about highlight clips... and you can easily find several clips from each game on an offensive playmaker-even if they have a subpar game.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #16
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Really I thought espin was ridding VY and Bush jock before they were even drafted.

VY last two games the most yards he has ever passed for -- rating sucks though.
Week 10 JAC L 28-13 24 41 257 58.5 6.27 28 1 2 4.0 64.8 8 52 6.5 13 0
Week 11 @DEN L 34-20 26 41 305 63.4 7.44 21 1 2 1.0 73.7 11 74 6.7 19 1

Now VY has had only two games where his QB rat was over a 100 and it was followed by a subpar game or was proceeded by one.

Week 2 IND L 22-20 17 27 184 63.0 6.82 48 1 0 3.0 95.3 5 53 10.6 21 0
Week 3 @NO W 31-14 14 22 164 63.6 7.46 35 2 1 0.0 97.5 5 21 4.2 12 0

This is just VY so what two games has he had back to back that makes you say he has had them back to back. You love VY (stalker type love) and hate Mario you have bashed him ever since the draft and you have bashed the Texans because they passed on VY.

Keep claiming the reason espin is not talking about this game is because he has to have multiple good games back to back. Espin does not want to make themselves look bad because of all the slobbering and hype they gave Bush and when he had a real bad game while Mario had a very good game they will not talk about it because they will look bad.

You try and have both sides of an argument so as to make VY look great and Mario look bad but it just does not fly.
I'm guessing last season doesn't count either huh???....the point that I'm trying to make is that whiney fans need to get over the fact that ESPN doesn't embrace Mario.......he was bashed by the media because they thought it was a dumb pick and so far they've been right....he's not a popular player......no one is flocking to the t.v. (unless they are a die hard texans fan) to see mario williams play....people flock to the big names like Manning, Brady, VY, Moss, T.O., Bush, L.T., etc......there are fans that exist outside of houston.....as long as you're a diehard fan of your team then should care less what ESPN is saying....
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #17
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
It's a lot sexier to talk about Offensive weapons in VY and RB. It's not sexy to talk about Defensive lineman. Sure they talk about some...but usually only after they've been in the pro bowl a few times.

ESPN is all about highlight clips... and you can easily find several clips from each game on an offensive playmaker-even if they have a subpar game.
exactly..........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #18
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt
 
TexansLucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Age: 26
Posts: 4,770
Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
probably so, lol.....Mario isn't a big name guy so ESPN isn't going to start riding his jock unless he "really" earns it.
Not really...

A lesser known fact is that ESPN actually owns Subway, and they therefore own Reggie.

It's all a conspiracy, man.

/joke
__________________
TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Texan_Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Houston. Mediocrity Lives Here!!
Section: Bull Pen!!
Age: 47
Posts: 48,270
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Re: Where's Mario ESPN?
Why worry about it... Consider the source. I mean would you expect any less from the this network. They sucked and quit doing real sports journalism long before MW, R (ent) B(damned) and 'his highness' even started their collegiate careers. No biggie!!
__________________
We SUCK AGAIN!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #20
The Dream
Hall of Fame
 
The Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pearland
Age: 29
Posts: 4,220
Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Where's Mario ESPN?

Quote:
Not really...

A lesser known fact is that ESPN actually owns Subway, and they therefore own Reggie.

It's all a conspiracy, man.

/joke
lol....I just don't understand why folks get mad when ESPN doesn't latch onto the team they follow....................it's not that big of a deal.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger