Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-20-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why do you NOT like Tom Brady & Running Up the Score?

I've read that a lot of people hate on Brady for some reason or another, and I wondering the reasons why?

Is it just because he's the QB of the Patriots?
Is it because he plays for Bill Belichick?
Is it because the Patriots are so much better than anyone else?

Or does it have to do with Brady himself?

I've always considered him the the textbook drop back QB who grades even higher than Manning in the areas of pocket presence and overall field awareness.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #2
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why do you NOT like Tom Brady?

Maybe because he gets all the hot women, I don't know.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post

And in the same week no less.

In the very few times the Pats have struggled during Brady's time there he was very quick to place thinly veiled blame on some of his teammates and/or coaches. He defends running up the score.

Yeah, that's about all I got, but I'm working on it.

Last edited by Showtime100; 11-20-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love Brady.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i like brady too
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Simple - he plays for the wrong team.

I think it shows a real lack of sportsmanship to run up the score the way they do, as well, but I don't pin that on Brady, really. When they're up several TDs in the second half and go for it on 4th down instead of taking the FG points, that is the epitome of no class.
Old 11-20-2007   #7
Pearl Trade
GO TEXANS

i like Brady. hes a much better player than Peyton Manning imo.

hes not the one who runs up the score and i have no problem with coaches doing that.
Pearl Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no hate for the guy, but I think he gets a bad wrap as being somewhat arrogant. Probably a case of being guilty by association (Belichick) more than anything he has done.

Besides, he scores some hotties, so props there.

*Disclaimer*
In no way is this an endorsement for the Patriots....
Old 11-20-2007   #9
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him just fine, mainly because he is on my fantasy team.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I used to like him. But I think now if you add playing for the Patriots THIS YEAR, playing for Belichik and mainly the fact that he is a cyborg that just walks around with no expression. It is really weird. I'd much rather see a Favre or Romo or someone enjoying the game and Brady looks like he punches in the coordinates on his arm pad and then completes his mission. There is no real hate for him, I just think this year they enjoy the "eff U" stuff too much. You can see his grins after they keep running it up. His mouth moves slightly upward.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-20-2007 at 10:01 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
exactly... because dreamboat brady gets to dock in the greatest ports.
Old 11-20-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
exactly... because dreamboat brady gets to dock in the greatest ports.
I was going to say something like that. Yours is better.

I want Giselle!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I want Giselle!
******, i wouldn't mind bridget moynahan.
Old 11-20-2007   #14
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i have no problem with brady or the patriots
Old 11-20-2007   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no beef with Brady. He's a great QB, as well as Manning, Favre, etc. Romo is good, but IMO it's too soon to mention him with the great QBs.

They're winners, how can you not like them?
Old 11-20-2007   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Simple - he plays for the wrong team.

I think it shows a real lack of sportsmanship to run up the score the way they do, as well, but I don't pin that on Brady, really. When they're up several TDs in the second half and go for it on 4th down instead of taking the FG points, that is the epitome of no class.
If you dont like getting 50 dropped on you, stop em. No whineing in pro football. What are they supose to do, coast through 2 and a half quarters? You cant do that in football. Thats when teams get hot and roll you. They arent doing anything wrong.
Old 11-20-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If you dont like getting 50 dropped on you, stop em. No whineing in pro football. What are they supose to do, coast through 2 and a half quarters? You cant do that in football. Thats when teams get hot and roll you. They arent doing anything wrong.
The problem is going for it twice on 4th down while up by 30 something in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It isn't as simple as "stop them." It is how they are going about it. Even the people up there are strating to get on hoody.
Old 11-20-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

throwing the ball downfield when you are up by 30 points in the 4th Quarter is an act devoid of class....but no one has ever accused Belichik of being classy. I think its a matter of going 17-0, breaking Peyton's record, and giving the finger to all the 'cheater' talk from the beginning of the season.

What needs to happen is a team needs to take a cheap shot at Brady the next time they pull that stuff. If you want to score 50...fine...but your QB is going to be hurting at the end of the game and if he gets injured, well then you have no one to blame but yourself. Something tells me they wont win a SB much less go 18-0 if they dont have Brady.

If Belichik wants to play with no class, a team needs to step up and do likewise. Then he will learn a lesson...until then, he will just run up the score on every team they play.
Old 11-20-2007   #19
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably because he wins championships, throws a crazy amount of touchdowns, and could probably pull any American female.

I don't have a problem with him.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #20
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I heart Tom Brady....because he makes Peyton cry.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read