Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-19-2007   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great Game Young

Selvin that is! Crowder too. Gotta root for those former Horns right? Nice to them send the Possumholler Hillbillies back to their trailer parks with another loss. Hookem!
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #2
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Great Game Young

That other Young played a pretty damn good game as well. He hadn't played well lately, but he sure did tonight, much better than his stat line would indicate too.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
That other Young played a pretty damn good game as well. He hadn't played well lately, but he sure did tonight, much better than his stat line would indicate too.
No, he didn't get it done. When the game was on the line he choked it up and threw a horrible pick. When he has stunk it up and the Titans still win, the VY jocksniffers just pull the "all he does is win" card. This guy can't have it both ways.

As much as I hate the guy the "all he does is win" statement applies more to Butterworth, I mean Haynesworth. Without him in there they are not winning.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #4
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

He threw more picks as expected...

But seriously, his WRs were dropping passes left and right and all over the place. That was amazing to see NFL WRs drop that many passes as a group.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #5
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

By "when the game was on the line", do you mean when they were down by two TD's with less than 2 minutes left? His first INT was hardly a horrible pick, his receiver had his hands on the ball and Bly pried it away. Young was a threat through the air and on the ground tonight. I'm hardly a Young proponent, but despite his one horrible interception at the end when the game was already out of hand he played a good game.
Old 11-19-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Is the "all he does is win" card only played when Albert Haynesworth is playing?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #7
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

He threw 2 interceptions in the 4th quarter.....that's enough for me to make a judgment.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2007   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 123638 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you saw the post-game you would have thought the score was the other way around and the recievers and officiating were out to get Vince.

Emmitt was doing a pretty good Steven A. Smith when I changed the channel.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

watched the tail end of this game at work. first things first: hooray for Andre Hall.

oh and i love how they made a big deal of Young reaching 300 yards. this just in to the ESPN folks: when a guy gets his career high yardage in a game, most of the time, that player loses.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

When Young has his two best statistical games of the season, the Titans lose.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you to both Youngs... Selvin for a pretty gutsy performance against the Tacks and VY for proving my point about Tennessee's defense being the ones winning these games for them... So much for all the hypsters.

Oh and that first interception 'was' a horrible throw. He hit the receiver on the back shoulder - right where the defender was trailiing the receiver... Not a good throw.
Old 11-20-2007   #12
Fox
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thank you to both Youngs... Selvin for a pretty gutsy performance against the Tacks and VY for proving my point about Tennessee's defense being the ones winning these games for them... So much for all the hypsters.

Oh and that first interception 'was' a horrible throw. He hit the receiver on the back shoulder - right where the defender was trailiing the receiver... Not a good throw.
Semantics. I think there's a level of value in between good and horrible. If your receiver gets his hands on the ball, I wouldn't call it horrible. It was worse than a completed pass, and better than his second 'horrible' pick where he threw it to a Bronco defender with no one else in the vicinity.
Old 11-20-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line Fox:
5 TD's passing 12 INT's.... Thats not good in Pop Warner let alone the NFL. In fact, thats horrible. HORRIBLE!! And yes when you throw a ball to a receivers back shoulder on a slant - that ball winds up intercepted 90% of the time.. That one, was not on the receiver (ie some of the other drops that were).

Funny how Young apologists sound a lot like those HWSRN apologists sounded...
Old 11-20-2007   #14
Fox
All Pro

Bill, I'm not a Young apologist. I enjoy seeing the Titans, and any other AFC South opponent, lose. I'm talking about one game I watched of him last night. I thought he played a good game. I agree he has crappy stats on the season, but in my eyes he looked like a playmaker last night against the Broncos. That's all I'm trying to say.
Old 11-20-2007   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
By "when the game was on the line", do you mean when they were down by two TD's with less than 2 minutes left? His first INT was hardly a horrible pick, his receiver had his hands on the ball and Bly pried it away. Young was a threat through the air and on the ground tonight. I'm hardly a Young proponent, but despite his one horrible interception at the end when the game was already out of hand he played a good game.

had young put it on the money, Bly probably wouldn't have been able to get his hands on the ball, so yeah that was a bad pick at a bad time. & it wasn't 2 minutes left it was closer to 5 minutes & they were driving pretty well.

I'd say the Denver defense was depending on his inaccuracy in the passing game & his garbage WR's. he got away with 1 early on in the game that went through Bailey's fingertips.

All told he played a great game. he had some ridiculous drops by his WR's, but that happens to every QB.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bill, I'm not a Young apologist. I enjoy seeing the Titans, and any other AFC South opponent, lose. I'm talking about one game I watched of him last night. I thought he played a good game. I agree he has crappy stats on the season, but in my eyes he looked like a playmaker last night against the Broncos. That's all I'm trying to say.
You can't make independent observations without being labeled an apologist by some guys here. I just stay out of these threads since they just end up brain damage and circular arguments (sadly).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It doesnt matter.

It is really not possible to have a logical discussion about Young or Bush on this board.

Too many homers & haters jump in. Just let it go.

I thought he played well also, up until the end.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just happy to see the titans lose the game. I've never been pro or con Vince Young, but he did play well up until the fourth quarter. The WRs and Scaife couldn't catch anything. The first pick was a bad throw. The second pick was more of a last chance despiration throw.

I about shat myself when one of the commentators mentioned the TD by the WR was their first TD of the year by a WR. Is that true?

Old 11-20-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I wasnt trying to suggest that you were - one way or the other. Thats why I separated my thoughts specifically to you from others' general thoughts (over long periods of time) with ***********'s

You should read another thread where I said he had a pretty good game - with the exception of the two picks.
Old 11-20-2007   #20
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I thought he played well also, up until the end.
Read my mind.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read