Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Playoff Possible in Houston?

The playoffs don't seem as far off as they did a few weeks ago. Looking at the divisions right now if Houston can win most if not all of their last 6 games they have a real chance at getting a wild card. If Tennesee loses tonight and next week and Houston beats Cleveland next week that puts them in the run for wild card. From there on all they have to do is hold their position.
Old 11-19-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Playoff Possible in Houston?

No more playoff threads. The following game is usually bad.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Can a man have dreams? lol
Old 11-19-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. The weakest of our last six opponents is Denver, and they are looking great right now. Personally I think we will win three of them (@Browns, @Titans, Jags), with a one game margin.

My original prediction was 9-7, and I think we have a chance at that. Playoffs? Not in the AFC.
Old 11-19-2007   #5
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I disagree. The weakest of our last six opponents is Denver, and they are looking great right now. Personally I think we will win three of them (@Browns, @Titans, Jags), with a one game margin.

My original prediction was 9-7, and I think we have a chance at that. Playoffs? Not in the AFC.
Is Denver playing that good or is Titans just that bad?
Old 11-19-2007   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
The playoffs don't seem as far off as they did a few weeks ago. Looking at the divisions right now if Houston can win most if not all of their last 6 games they have a real chance at getting a wild card. If Tennesee loses tonight and next week and Houston beats Cleveland next week that puts them in the run for wild card. From there on all they have to do is hold their position.
Very possible Andrew and we can help ourselves out a lot with wins in Nashville and beating the Jags here.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #7
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post

Have you looked at the AFC standings lately. I think they have a 10-6 or maybe even a 9-7 team in there this year.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well, let's assume Denver beats Tenn. and puts them at 6-4. If the order of playoff qualifications is correct:

Chance 1 => Texans go 9-7

1.1 HOU wins JAX, IND, TEN, CLE

1.2 TEN loses to (IND, CIN, SD) or 4 combined

1.3 CLE loses to (2 of CIN, BAL, ARI) or 3 combined

1.4 DEN loses to (SD, MIN, OAK or KC) or 3 combined

Chance 2 => Texans go 10-6

2.1 HOU wins IND, TEN, JAX, CLE, (TB or DEN)

2.2 TEN loses (IND or SD) or 3 combined

2.3 CLE loses any 2 (likely: CIN, BAL, ARI)

Chance 3 => Texans go 11-5

3.1 HOU wins IND, TEN, JAX, CLE, TB, DEN

3.2 TEN loses 1 AFC game or 2 total

3.3 CLE loses 1 game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

One game out of the final Wild card. Titans 6-4, Cleveland 6-4. And we play both of them in the next two weeks.

Go Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #10
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Does it matter if we get into the playoffs?

Because I want to just avoid the Patriots at all cost. I think i'll cry if we play them.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

Because I want to just avoid the Patriots at all cost. I think i'll cry if we play them.
And I'll laugh when Mario opens a can of whoop-ass on him.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 11-19-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post

I'd rather make the playoffs and lose to the Pats 77-0 than not make it at all. Besides, if we get to play the Patriots that means we'll have won a playoff game since the Pats will have a first round bye!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #13
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'd rather make the playoffs and lose to the Pats 77-0 than not make it at all. Besides, if we get to play the Patriots that means we'll have won a playoff game since the Pats will have a first round bye!
True, but the Patriots will crush our team so bad I feel.

Maybe Belicheck would go easy on us, since Kubes was one of the few Coaches when asked about spygate who kept saying "No comment on that." or at least I hope. I remember last year we played the Pats...that was really really bad.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

What's that? Uh --Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?
-Jim Mora

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #15
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
What's that? Uh --Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?
-Jim Mora
Ah, the mandatory Jim Mora quote.
Old 11-19-2007   #16
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'm with Guerilla on this one, the mods should close down any thread having to do with the Texans and playoffs at this point. Unless it is Yankee predicting the Texans have no chance to make the playoffs. His last prediction worked out so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
Mark this down, so I can say "I told you so."

I keep seeing "I want Andre back," "Andre will fix everything," etc.

When Andre is back, we're not going back to week 1 and 2 ball. We've had a LOT of problems develop since then (exactly what and why is a whole other thread). We've had OD over the middle, and Walter and Davis stepping up to stretch the field.

Yes, AJ is a top NFL wide receiver. Yes, I miss him.

No, having him back will not "fix" our current woes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
BTW, should I make another "mark this down" thread? Maybe that we WON'T make the playoffs? LOL
Old 11-19-2007   #17
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
One game out of the final Wild card. Titans 6-4, Cleveland 6-4. And we play both of them in the next two weeks.

Go Texans.
the Texans control their own fate. In addition to those, it seems like the last game of the season might be a big one too.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #18
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well - it's possible. And the only way we'll play the Patriots is in the AFC Championship game. If we make it there - I'm with TexanSam - if we get blown out 77-0, at least we made it. And we won't have been the first team blown out by the Patriots this year. Of course as things stand now, we'd have to beat the Steelers, then the Colts before we get near the Patriots.

Go Texans!
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #19
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Well - it's possible. And the only way we'll play the Patriots is in the AFC Championship game. If we make it there - I'm with TexanSam - if we get blown out 77-0, at least we made it. And we won't have been the first team blown out by the Patriots this year. Of course as things stand now, we'd have to beat the Steelers, then the Colts before we get near the Patriots.

Go Texans!
I'm down with that.
Old 11-19-2007   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

now we're talking about the AFCCG? I'm an optimist, but you guys need to stop smoking.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read